Assetto corsa 1.2 CHANGELOG soon! (1/2 days)

After a live chat with Stefano Casillo, It has been revealed that most improvements of the upcoming 1.2 update for Assetto Corsa will touch Multiplayer (remade almost from scratch) and A.I (artificial intelligence) plus a lot of new features and further improved handling model!

We should expect the update to be available within 2 weeks while the changelog should be available within 1-2 days.

Really looking forward to this update, even more than the Dream DLC + 1.1 update a few months back.
So many fantastic things being added, and best of all, the UDP server plugin will allow the modders to do some amazing stuff with AC MP.

Good times ahead :)

Changelog is on the AC forums (sort of). Credit to nonnex who made the thread there.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/s1e05-changelog-and-more.25048/

tr7qvffw.jpg

Could you or someone elaborate on this UDP stuff? I have no idea what that means for modders but everyone keeps going on about it. :D

This UDP stuff can be wrapped on a programming language code as a server plugin. The idea is that the plugin would get any kind of events from the drivers on a server, like the last lap time, if the x driver went off track, if x driver had a contact with the enviroment (track objects) or other cars. This events could be registered on a database and then you could end up creating interesting things like generating driver ratings (like iRacing safety rating) There would be also the possibility to allow/reject access to a server based on this rantings. All of these is in theory will be possible. We need to wait what the plugin provides. Looks very promising.

I honestly don't see all the fuss about Zandvoort not being laserscanned.
Sure laserscanned tracks are better, but Kunos have more than proven themselves at providing ultra high quality content. I doubt it'll be vastly different from a laserscanned version, because they're professionals. This ain't going to be some half-baked Russian ripped track from rFactor 1, lol.

Frankly, I bet they could've told everyone from the beginning that it was laserscanned, and no one would have even second guessed it.

Wow. Stefano (on the live stream) just took the Formula Abarth around Imola with the intent on hitting every curb, and it didn't spin once. Hit the entry and exit curbs on T3 and the car never budged off of line YAY!

I really hope the fixed something with the net code. More importantly the collision. In the log it states something about collision, so let's hope that is true.

If these small things ain't fixed (which in the end are actually pretty big) then Kunos should expect most of the Australian online league groups dispand and do something else. As a few major groups where trying to use AC but with a few issues where waiting for 1.2.

I honestly don't see all the fuss about Zandvoort not being laserscanned.
Sure laserscanned tracks are better, but Kunos have more than proven themselves at providing ultra high quality content. I doubt it'll be vastly different from a laserscanned version, because they're professionals. This ain't going to be some half-baked Russian ripped track from rFactor 1, lol.

Frankly, I bet they could've told everyone from the beginning that it was laserscanned, and no one would have even second guessed it.

I've got no doubts the texture work will be top notch and the track will be fairly accurate in terms of it's corners and dimensions (can't brag about every bump being in the right place anymore though), but i worry about it's tarmac feel, there's a bunch of high res modded tracks that look good but don't feel like Kunos content when driving it.

I've got no doubts the texture work will be top notch and the track will be fairly accurate in terms of it's corners and dimensions (can't brag about every bump being in the right place anymore though), but i worry about it's tarmac feel, there's a bunch of high res modded tracks that look good but don't feel like Kunos content when driving it.
Whilst it's true that you can't really replicate the road feeling quite as well as you can with Laserscanning, the Kunos version has also utilised CAD and GPS data. So it'll still be incredibly accurate.

The feel you get through the wheel is not related to the laserscan. With or without laserscan they got to 3D convert the road and environment so us can drive on it (if I'm not wrong). So not being laserscanned should not affect feeling or looking, just won't be THAT accurate 1-2 mm error. Could be not accurate at all but feeling will be the same as other tracks (but I trust it will be perfect 1-2 cm error).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back