1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Assetto corsa 1.2 CHANGELOG soon! (1/2 days)

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Mike85, Jul 19, 2015.

1. After a live chat with Stefano Casillo, It has been revealed that most improvements of the upcoming 1.2 update for Assetto Corsa will touch Multiplayer (remade almost from scratch) and A.I (artificial intelligence) plus a lot of new features and further improved handling model!

We should expect the update to be available within 2 weeks while the changelog should be available within 1-2 days.
    • Like Like x 7
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

You're making me all giddy. Can't wait for the MP improvements.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. you can watch live and chat streaming on youtube. Please hurry! You can still ask something there! :)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

Unfortunately, I can't use chat because I'm from Germany and there's some issues with YT livetreams. Anyways, I don't have any questions that haven't been asked before :p
  5. the new A.I. is really impressive! It's much more alive than before! Stefano is showing it right now
    • Like Like x 1
  6. A.I. will now overtake easily!!! and very naturally! p.s. I can see it from live streeaming
    • Like Like x 1
  7. thanks for posting this, it's really interesting! :)

Btw, stefano has said that the MP improvements wont be any core changes, but just adding features. So I don't think there will be any fundamental improvements to the netcode?

Also, I was really surprised that zandvoort isn't laserscanned. That's a shame.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. wait, what??? its not?? i thought that was the rule for official tracks...seriously disappointed.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  9. the update should be available end July.. lets hope beta-testing won't take much
  10. JoelGL

Premium Member

Like Christmas again! But I'm not sure about the same netcode.
  11. The netcode won't be the same. He already stated that.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. multiplayer collisions will be the same..... :-( ''don't hit other people'' - he said..
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I find it very interesting to see what he does and how he does things. How problems are presented and how things are dealt with. He is very open about it all.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. zandvoort wasn't scanned.... that's a surprise.
    free ones not scanned, paid dlc are scanned looks like the way it is.
  15. I'm pretty psyched about this and i have no idea what to expect.
  16. the changelogs have leaked. nothing special really. definitely not up to the hype imo
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. link? PM if possible. thanx :)
  18. Same. MP improvements will likely determine whether I uninstall it in the coming weeks.
  19. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

Stefano shows the changelog in this video from 2min onwards. I would post the timestamp but for some reason it won't let me.
  20. xnorb

Premium Member

I didn't see big problems with the netcode yet except the expected warping of guys with a bad connection (they should get an auto-kick for high lost-packet count)

AI: Well, as i don't care a lot about streetcars, that career mode isn't really of interest for me and for my offline races i got GSCE ;)

Wasn't Zandvoort expected for june?
    And it not being laserscanned, well, as long as it's really well done and accurate, i don't care that much about it. Remember: Laser scanned tracks aren't something new, the racing sims use that date since many years - it's the interpretation of that data which determins the outcome.
    (interpretation = optimization done on the track mesh)

I'm mainly interested in MP improvements, although i don't think Kunos has the balls to patch the things in i'd like to see to provide cleaner racing ;)
    • Like Like x 1