Cars ASR Formula - ASR2 Championship 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
cfd79aa686b3a973bb406b69a833cc16.jpg

ASR2 Championship released!

Now we have 2 paid mods, with the extact same price, to recreate the Formula2/GP2-Series. ;)

Don't know why you advertise your paid content with real life sponsors on the car skins, or do you have a license agreement with them?

and ASR 'demanding' no comparison "out of respect for other modders". Instead: each racer should make up his/her own mind.
Sure, like saying don't compare the Alfa Giulia to the BMW M3 out of respect for the other manufacturer. Just buy both of them and then decide what you like best.
Just like most of us buy stuff. For sure.

If you know where any version of Monaco, Baku, or Hungaroring are that don't come from the F1 series, please let the rest of us know.
What the championship does is one thing and it has nothing to do with the mod, which has been built from scratch.

What the championship does is one thing and it has nothing to do with the mod, which has been built from scratch.

If you are running an official PAID championship, having illegal tracks is a serious breach of copyright. Hope the FIA finds out and puts a stop to it

If you are running an official PAID championship, having illegal tracks is a serious breach of copyright. Hope the FIA finds out and puts a stop to it

Again, you fail to understand that the championship is run with ASR2 car, it's not hosted by ASR Formula.
I agree, those who run the championship should not do it, but you're really discovering hot water here. Every single championship does it, quite often you see those races even sponsored by hardware manufacturers (which I guess sign a collaboration deal but don't have the slightest idea of what is being used by those who signed the agreement with).

I would be interested how well the ASR2 mod sells for AC, as it's in direct competition with the RSS 2. I imagine good sales for rF2 though.

What have I missed? This mod is Advertising it's official league on it's home page, and that league is running dodgy tracks. I won't be buying from a company that associates itself so directly with a league so shady. There are plenty of good leagues out there that won't run converted content.

Not to mention the clear copyright violation in the mod, having the real liveries without proper licencing agreements. The whole mod is on very shakey legal grounds IMO.

I really don't understand... why on rfactor or even rfactor 2 there have always been mods with official livery and no one said anything..never; unofficial track even ripped from other games and no one said anything; online league made using both and nobody ever complained about it? Lately it seems to happen only on AC.

Now tell me...what is the difference if common users, through the template, create an official skin for a certain mod? Is that in legal troubles too? So you are saying that every mod with an official skin is clearly violating copyright. It doesn't metter if free or paymods. So I suppose here we must remove the 90% of the mod... oh please....

The story of the "illegal" tracks intrigued me, so I went to look at their site and this is the list of tracks:

Bahrain (night)
Catalunya --> original track
Monaco --> available on racedepartment
Red Bull Ring --> original track
Baku --> available on racedepartment
Monza --> original track
Hungaroring --> available on racedepartment

only for just 1 track are you really doing this staging? Truly ridiculous mate....

So they are false advertising on the front page as well? Getting better and better

Dude all us modders sail a tad close to the wind regarding copyrighted materials. Don't sweat it. Having said that I don't approve of PAID mods. I've put in hundreds of hours modding and I do it for the love of it, not for money.

Man stop with all the battering. Enjoy the work people do for this game. If you don't like it! Don't play it. If the copyright owners feel like people overstep boundaries they will act up. It's there say if something can or can not be done. All this police-ing on the forums don't add anything to it. I been in the modding community since GTR-2002 first came around for F1 2001 game and this discusion with people making elephants out of flies been going on for ages.
The whole modding scene is in a grey area. Even free mods distrubute stuff with trademarks etc. So yes maybe it should all be banned (legaly seen) but as long as the owner of the rights don't see a problem in it (or just don't care) why should we???

So they are false advertising on the front page as well? Getting better and better
u're beginning to be abit sad and annoying -.-''
if one thing isn't right for u this don't mean that it's wrong in absolute sense...
thera are many other modding team that sell their mods with real name and real sponsored skins and no-one say nothing...thwew'll be a 2006 full mod (F1) that will be sold and no one is sayin' nothing...than, wtf do u want?
u finally have 2 choices...
1 - enjoy the work that people realize (if someone sell it maybe think that it's right to ask something for their work that need MONTHS to reach the final version...)
2 - unistall assetto corsa and all moddable videogames on your pc 'cos obviously is not your way...buy a console and play assetto corsa on it, than no one will hear these useless and annoying controversy

it's obviously that u're posting here only to troll and throw ur no sense **** on random unconfortable people...

no more answers for u u_u

Calling me with a troll with that language?

THE FACTS:
ASR are promoting a paid league running stolen and illegal mods.
ASR are promoting their mod using Copyrighted skins.

There is no disputing those facts. IF they want to sell there mods, they need to do it right or they don't deserve any money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back