ARCA Sim Racing

• karl_Pesenhofer

worsed comes to worse ... might just have to change the time she goes riding :D

Questions before I buy

1. I see shipping to the UK with the game is $58.10 USD for first class, how long will this take to get it me ?

2. I see it says Arca 08, does that mean 09 is coming out, if so do you know when ?

3. If I order Arca 08, will I get updated to 09 for free ?

1. I see shipping to the UK with the game is $58.10 USD for first class, how long will this take to get it me ?

Mine took about 6 days I think..

2. I see it says Arca 08, does that mean 09 is coming out, if so do you know when ?

That's just the season the game represents ;) TSF have said they aren't planning an 09 version

3. If I order Arca 08, will I get updated to 09 for free ?

I think I have seen mentioned they may add 09 to 08 in a patch in the future.

You're making this too easy ... ;)

ARCA Sim Racing:

Is original, built with the only true data available and in conjunction with actual racing teams/crews/drivers/engineers all first hand, 16 deg of ref, full aero and side draft (from actual numbers recorded not heard on TV or heresy), full suspension as (recorded, coded, measured/mic'd on three chassis's by hand), full support & conversion of actual tire modeling from Hoosier, fully licensed by all car manufacturers, and over 20 track corporations, up-to-date physics at times one day after recording, and soo much more ....

You'll enjoy it, and RaceDept will make it that much better ... You'll hear a bit more about the company(TSF) and exactly how prominent we are in a few days. Also, check out the TSF Youtube site for more information ... Have a great holiday ...

• Hayden Walker

having serious problems with g25 when my wheel is in the centre on gtr evo it is to the right please help someone

The Sim Factory Makes Headlines

When it comes to exemplifying the RaceDepartment tagline, "blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports," no one does it better then the Sim Factory LLC. A newly published article by the official NASCAR website, describes how the Sim Factory's ground breaking sim, ARCA Sim Racing '08, has established itself as a front runner in the hearts and minds of teams and drivers looking for a more economical way to test cars and tracks. The economically driven cutbacks regarding testing programs, has forced teams to take a closer look at simulated environments as a creative alternative. Head on over to the NASCAR website to read the article in it's entirety.

ASR08 L1 - UPDATE IS HERE...all users please read!

We have made the changeover to the Pragmatic Leverage client for ASR08. For previous users you will need your email used when you originally purchased ASR08 to validate the install. Click on Upgrade From DVD in the register section of the client. It will ask for your email....put it in and it will email you the key. Then copy and paste the key into the client and your off and running. No different then if you were provided a free update to a new version and are valdating that install.

***If your email is no longer valid on your end....please email us at team@thesimfactory.com with your original purchase email as well as your new email address. Also to speed up the process....please attach your order email sent you if possible. The main thing is to know that once the old email is changed...it can no longer be used to validate a purchase.

***New users please download the leverage client here and you can purchase ASR08 through that client. Online DVD purchases will not be avilable until further notified.

Purchasers after Dec 26th 2008 whom have yet to recieve their DVD in the mail...go ahead and download the client and use your email address used when purchasing to validate you software and get up and running. You should save your DVD in case we need to validate future installs for you.

Update is at www.thesimfactory.com

• Steve Cooksley

Oversteer help please!

Hi all

It's been a week since I gratefully received my copy of ARCA, and finding it a fantastic drive and very realistic (well, at least I think it is).

The one big problem I'm having at the moment is on the mid-sized speedways, trying to match the AI cars into 130ish mph turns. The back end always seems to flip out sending me diving into the infield. If I ease off the gas I'm way off the pace, but can't seem to turn in at all with it spinning inwards. I've tried the default setups and the downloadable ones here without any real difference.

Has anyone got any advice how to attack these bends? I'm not a complete novice as I've been racing on Race 07 for over a year with my G25. (Edit - I've just read somewhere that increasing the front tyre pressure may help?)

Also, just footnote that I'm a bit disappointed at the end of the race to just see a little chequered flag and nothing else, with the ai cars smashing into the back of you if you come off the gas at all. No victory lap, no podiums, no acknowlegement really that the race has really finished. Is this something that will be developed?

All in all though an excellent sim!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea