1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Apps on separate screen?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by JamesU, Sep 2, 2016.

1. JamesU

JamesU
    Premium Member

Hi guys,

In the near future i'll be looking at getting some sort of ultra-wide monitor to have as my main monitor and i'll also be having a second smaller monitor the side.

My question is, would it be possibly in any way to have some sort of app or program running on the second monitor that would display stuff like; telemetry, laps, position, track map etc? It would free up my main monitor as just a racing view and i wouldn't have any of the HUD displays being shown.

If it is possible my plan would be to have the rev-counter on my iPad/Phone.

Thanks!

2. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

there is a dashboard app for Windows that does that (telemetry and dahsboard on second screen)... can`t remember the name .. I`ll get back to you, when I remember :)

• Love Love x 1
  3. Manxi3

Manxi3
    Premium Member

There are 2 that I can think of - vrhive and proracing dashboard..can't remember the web addresses but just do a google search

4. Manxi3

Manxi3
    Premium Member

I've just noticed vrhive still doesn't support AC

5. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium Member

The Z1 dashboard can go on your second monitor. For your i-devices there's many options. DashPi for example.

• Love Love x 1
  6. SimRacing Dashboard runs on a separate monitor.

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks Premium Member

That looks interesting. Do you know, could I run it on two devices at once? Example, have my old iPhone mounted over the wheel showing the screen with speed/gear/fuel/times and then have my iPad off to the side showing lap count, position, tire info?

8. JamesU

JamesU
    Premium Member

Thanks so much for all the replies! I'll get googling the weekend and report back!

9. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium Member

I don't know about that, but you could ask the dev. You'd find his contact info in the link i posted and i know he's been posting news about DashPi here on RD too.

EDIT: Here's the DashPi post from the dev: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ios-dashboard-app.119111/

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I have 2 tablets running at the same time, Tho they both aren't Apple, Only one is. But i honestly dont see it being a problem.

• Like Like x 1