• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

iOS dashboard app

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by joyqi, Mar 15, 2016.

1. joyqi

joyqi

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I have made a sim racing dashboard app for iOS. It is called "DashPi".

https://joyqi.com/DashPi

Here are some screenshots

IMG_1932.PNG IMG_1933.PNG IMG_1934.PNG

It is now compatible with Dirt Rally, Dirt 3, F1 2015, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, Live For Speed, and I plan to support more and more games. I will also make a Android version.

Now the app is under open beta. Are there some guys want to join the beta list?

Please email me your apple account. You will receive the invitation from apple a few days ago.

My email address is magike.net[at]gmail.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. JeanYves Samson

JeanYves Samson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks!

3. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    Thumbs up @joyqi. A clean and stylish looking dash you've got there. Although there are some issues with AC on the current beta-version, it seems to work nice on the other titles i've tested. Keep up the good work! :)

4. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    Just a heads up that v1.0 is now available on AppStore. First day price is 2,99€

5. Metalogic

Metalogic

Ratings:
    +102
    If making an Android version, would you consider making a version for the Kindle Fire as well? Can't be that much extra work, as the Fire is basically Android under the hood and lots of people own these tablets, as they're cheap

• Like Like x 1
  6. joyqi

joyqi

Ratings:
    +5
    @RaceWasGood , Thanks!

@Metalogic , I think the Android version will come very soon, I'd like to make it compatible with Kindle Fire.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    Join us in the RD club races! Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,262
    Could I run it on two devices at once? Example, have my old iPhone mounted over the wheel showing the screen with speed/gear/fuel and then have my iPad off to the side showing lap count/position/tire info?

8. joyqi

joyqi

Ratings:
    +5
    Absolutely YES!

Just watch this video

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +172
    Any Black Friday discount on mind??:rolleyes::rolleyes::whistling:

10. rocafella1978

rocafella1978
    Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    using it and is great! thanks.

11. hazeacab

hazeacab

Ratings:
    +3

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,262
    Did you have to do that through a web browser? I've seen that's an option but haven't tried it yet. Was it fairly easy to do?

13. hazeacab

hazeacab

Ratings:
    +3

ye you can use Firefox or google chrome IE and Edge wont work ..

14. hazeacab

hazeacab

Ratings:
    +3

and ye it takes about 15/20 min to do it right ... mine advice open the app on your Phone/tablet and save it a couple of times to see how it looks .. you can Always edit your dash if you dont like it or want to add something .. you will get a link in email to edit

• Like Like x 1
  15. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,262
    I took a stab at making one yesterday, I'm fairly pleased with it but I don't think the rev lights are working correctly. At idle they're all red, once I get up to a few thousand RPMs the left three turn green and the middle three turn yellow all at once and way too soon, and the three red ones on the right don't light up at all, and they don't flash when I get to the red line. How do I change that so that they slowly light up one at a time and then flash when I get to the red line?

Here's what the rev lights look like, for reference. One other question, there is an option for "Background" and I'd like to do one with an aqua background and black letters but when I tried to change the color on the background nothing happened. Is it possible to have an aqua background with black text?

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 3.48.27 PM.png

Edit: Also, is it possible to go back and edit the one I already made?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  16. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,262
    Anyone?

17. hazeacab

hazeacab

Ratings:
    +3

add me on steam .... 1312

18. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Ratings:
    +161
    Just bought this but cant get the rpm indicators to work, is there any way to adjust the rpm settings?

19. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,262
    I've been trying to figure out how to make my custom RPM indicators work differently, but no luck so far. I'd also like to know if I can edit the one I already made.

20. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Ratings:
    +161
    i cant get the LEDs to work at all for automobilista, i tried in rrre, ac and rf2 last night and all worked (had some odd flashing in rf2) AMS works for everything else in the app which is strange