Anyone see this? CSL Direct Drive.

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-04-21 19-22-24-726.jpg
    bandicam 2021-04-21 19-22-24-726.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 217
I didn't got any email from fanatec until now, and i have decided to contact the sales department directly.

As an already fanatec customer , i don't really appreciate how all of this have bern organised and communicated.
Fanatec should at least inform their customers about the entire procedure. How long will it be, who can really order or not the product ?

I don't care about getting the product tomorrow or for Christmas, but i will not wait months without information about when i should be able to order, just because i may then go for another option, fanatec or not

This is not a proper way to deal with people who already ordered in the past.

I may understand marketing , but creating a hype with nothing behind is not a good thing in my opinion. Information from Fanatec is poor and i am disapointed at the moment.

Just my opinion as a customer. Nothing to do with the fanatec product themselves, which are really great

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't got any email from fanatec until now, and i have decided to contact the sales department directly.

As an already fanatec customer , i don't really appreciate how all of this have bern organised and communicated.
Fanatec should at least inform their customers about the entire procedure. How long will it be, who can really order or not the product ?

I don't care about getting the product tomorrow or for Christmas, but i will not wait months without information about when i should be able to order, just because i may then go for another option, fanatec or not

This is not a proper way to deal with people who already ordered in the past.

I may understand marketing , but creating a hype with nothing behind is not a good thing in my opinion. Information from Fanatec is poor and i am disapointed at the moment.

Just my opinion as a customer. Nothing to do with the fanatec product themselves, which are really great
Fanatec tends to do a lot of hyping in general. I have the feeling that they are indeed super hyped about their own creations, so at least it's honest haha.

But sadly sometimes they get themselves into not so great situations and somehow aren't able to handle them properly.

So I totally agree with you!
It's just that I feel they are really hyped themselves about the csl DD, had some cool marketing idea and somehow screwed up.

I once had to write an email to ask where my replacement part would be, since it should've been shipped a week ago and I was promised it to arrive "super fast".

Turned out they simply forgot to send it...
But they apologized and I had the part 2 days later so it's all okay..

I guess their automated emails about the pre order just didn't go as planned too...

Upvote 0
I am log in, but nothing.
I will wait about a week for an answer from fanatec.
If they are not able to inform when it would be possible to place an order for a wheel base + wheel + shifter (once again i don't speak about the delivery but only ordering the products !), i will check if someone else will accept my 2000 €.

I would like to stay with fanatec, but if it is not possible to order, i would probably have to move on.

I stay confident. I should be able to place an order soon, and get the product in some months.

We are living in a strange world. Customer who don't care about the delivery time just can not order.

Upvote 0
I cannot unselect the boost kit for some reason.
Annoying if they are forcing us to buy it, i wont be falling for it thats for sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is indeed not a nice feeling.
We must not forget that we are talking about pre order !!!
Not being able to pre order should not happen !

Every customer ready to pay in avance 1000 € or much more money , and will wait many months for the delivery, should be considered with a big respect
That's not the feeling i personally have.

Of course i can live with that, and i like the fanatec products, but Fanatec should be in my opinion more careful about some aspects of the deal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You also have to sign that it is not sure at all that the product will be delivered on time ( i don't have the exact formulation in memory)

This is the new marketing concept we have to accept, and that is not in the commercial videos

Order only if you are convinced (like me) that the wheel is great, and you absolutely don't care about the delivery schedule.

Just in case , i mention that i don't support the marketing method, but i ordered the wheel base with 8 Nm power supply, a MC laren wheel V2, and a shifter.
You see , i support fanatec products and ecosystem

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it even legal to charge before shipping?
It can happen in the US. Shipping normally gets lumped in with taxes. Fanatec knows the item's mass, and I assume they have worked with their shipping partners long enough, that they can get a shipping quote off of how much mass they intend to ship. So they can simply say they want to send their theoretical item to, West Hell N.V. and Dhul would be able to give them a price on how much that would cost.

I assume that the same thing would happen elsewhere, minus the taxes added at the time of sale. But I don't know. I'm on the weird side of the blue marble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is infuriating, there is no way to speak to someone on the fanatec site, all i get is a silly chatbot.
Simple question why cant i buy just the CSL DD in standrard form?
I do not want the boost kit yet its insisting on it when i try to order and no way to remove it.
What a dodgy way to run a business.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes