Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

I wish there would be reviews. There is actually exactly one review for the SW7 on YT by Sim Racing Paddock.
You haven't read the thread?! Just because there are fewer reviews on yt does not mean that no one gave his opinion. There is a lot of feedback in here. ;)
If you have specific questions you can ask them here too.

Upvote 0
From my experience - best "review" you can receive from current customers having this wheel, not youtubers...the channels can give you good show up of the product explaining alot interesting functions etc...but real cusomer knows much better and if 40 people said that is not ok - it is very big possibility this to ne true! 40 people can be in mistake all together!:)
I can share in details my personal experience with pros and cons, however we have two new models which will replace the other Compact models...so, basicaly those new models I believe will behave the same way, but will produce less heat... one thing is for sure - there is no DD wheel outhere on that price - this is the price of the TM TS-PC:)

Upvote 0
I see that the SW8C+ and SW13C+ now using both the MiGE 110ST-M06030. So the SW8C+ already had an update. Now it is interesting to know where the difference in Nm will come from.

Upvote 0
It's certainly encouraging to see more options surfacing regarding dd wheelbases. Unfortunately, our hobby is already pretty niche. Making an informed decision on these new units is challenging at best.

Upvote 0
Hello guys, my wheel just arrived and upon testing i have some issues. First of the turning axis isn't recognized in Assetto corsa competizione. So i tried it in Assetto corsa and Iracing, but i seem to be having some problems with the ffb. I have like an electrical resistance feeling in the wheel. It seems more like i'm turning an electrical motor than a wheel. Also the wheel is incredibly slow, it countersteers slower than my old g29, and it just feels sluggish in general. I'm not sure if it's a software issue or a hardware issue or both. Maybe you guys have some settings i can try out and see if it feels better? Thanks

Upvote 0
@mrbean_phillip @Krassi Petrov
Update:
After some troubleshooting last night, i can say the wheel feeling sluggish is not a problem anymore. This thing is countersteering before i can even realize i've begun oversteering lol. But the resistance feeling is still there. I'm 100% sure it's a FFB problem, because it feels smooth as butter when it's turned on but there's no FFB. I did send an email to ollie but no response yet. Will try to mess around with the FFB settings to see if i can figure out what is causing the problem. Also realized i have some electromagnetic interference issues, my turbo pressure just decided to turn itself down as i was driving, but i'll see how much of a problem it becomes.

Upvote 0
@mrbean_phillip @Krassi Petrov
Update:
After some troubleshooting last night, i can say the wheel feeling sluggish is not a problem anymore. This thing is countersteering before i can even realize i've begun oversteering lol. But the resistance feeling is still there. I'm 100% sure it's a FFB problem, because it feels smooth as butter when it's turned on but there's no FFB. I did send an email to ollie but no response yet. Will try to mess around with the FFB settings to see if i can figure out what is causing the problem. Also realized i have some electromagnetic interference issues, my turbo pressure just decided to turn itself down as i was driving, but i'll see how much of a problem it becomes.
How about in ACC? I took delivery of an SW20v3 last week and finally (after a weekend of dis- and re-assembling the rig!) plugged it in tonight for a quick test.

ACC recognised the steering axis no problem. FFB effects do seem very muted with the default profile, but they are there. It all just feels very different (coming from Thrustmaster TX), but lots to play with to get it feeling nice. Certainly seems easier to control on the limit!

Maybe time to create a facebook account to look at the group :(

Also looking forward to improved muscle tone in my arms :D

Hopefully you get it sorted!

Upvote 0
I ended up going accuforce v2... I emailed Sim-Plicity and basically said I'm ready buy a dd wheelbase what software/firmware comes with the sw20v3 is it the same or different then the sw20. I found the answers here but it would have been nice to get a response of some kind from Sim-Plicity.(its been roughly a week so far)

Accuforce answered my questions same day. Thought I might share my experience trying to buy an sw20v3...

Upvote 0
You will be happy with your DD. In defense for simplicity, keep in mind that there are a lot of things going on at the moment. Brexit becomes real and the coronavirus going around. Extended New Year's holidays in china won't help either. I'm speculating here, but sure non of this will help running the business.

Upvote 0
How about in ACC? I took delivery of an SW20v3 last week and finally (after a weekend of dis- and re-assembling the rig!) plugged it in tonight for a quick test.

ACC recognised the steering axis no problem. FFB effects do seem very muted with the default profile, but they are there. It all just feels very different (coming from Thrustmaster TX), but lots to play with to get it feeling nice. Certainly seems easier to control on the limit!

Maybe time to create a facebook account to look at the group :(

Also looking forward to improved muscle tone in my arms :D

Hopefully you get it sorted!
Got it working in ACC. Also figured my problem with the help of Sim-plicity's support. It was neither hardware or software related, but just my settings not being optimal. Once i turned down the dampning(weight), increased the max speed and controller mode, the grainy resistance was all gone. Wheel feels really fast and responsive now

Upvote 0
Thats great news. As a starting point I always go straight on the net to find settings but at the moment it just seems quiet on the simplicity front,so I'm just winging it. Would be nice if they had a part to their(simplicity) web site where everybody could post settings and then we all don't end up going all over the place forever searching. Currently my sw20 is hands down better than my old fanatec CSL base but cannot help but feel that betters settings are available.

Upvote 0
I ended up going accuforce v2... I emailed Sim-Plicity and basically said I'm ready buy a dd wheelbase what software/firmware comes with the sw20v3 is it the same or different then the sw20. I found the answers here but it would have been nice to get a response of some kind from Sim-Plicity.(its been roughly a week so far)

Accuforce answered my questions same day. Thought I might share my experience trying to buy an sw20v3...
Pretty sure you will be happy with your AF 2, sometimes the customer support can have delay! For us in Europe - buying form US big packages on a big cost at the end comes more expensive to us on a price to buy extra rim if you decide to go to European product!:)

Upvote 0
Pretty sure you will be happy with your AF 2, sometimes the customer support can have delay! For us in Europe - buying form US big packages on a big cost at the end comes more expensive to us on a price to buy extra rim if you decide to go to European product!:)
I suppose I will find out how good the AF2 is shortly. Simucube 2 was also on my radar but it's a hair outside of the what I was will pay.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea