Any pet owners or soon/want to be owners here?

I have a bit of a problem you guys might be able to give me some advice on. My gf and i have been thinking about getting a dog for several months now.We have the total opposite taste in dogs i myself want either a Black lab, Aussie Blue Healer or a Beagle or even a Shepard Lab cross. My girlfriend, a Pommaranian and thats it! nothing else. What do i do? do I cave in and let her have the little furball or do i stand my ground?. After all we are both paying for a dog if we get one. Look for anyone that owns a Pommaranian, I'm sorry if i offended you. I'm simply not interested in having a dog that small, plus i want my dog to catch balls not marbles:wink:. The thing is we like the outdoors, cycling, long walks, occasionally hiking when our friend insists on us coming along, and camping. You can't really do any of those things with a Pommarainian right?. When we go cycling my girl will put dog in a basket:facepalm: I would rather have my dog run next to us so it gets exercise. Plus what if my gf bails over the handlebars and dogs in basket?. Another thing too is a sense of security with a larger dog we take dog out for walk during late night(we are night owls).So a bit of advice from you all will be helpfull. Also I can find the dogs i like at our local animal shelter, I want to adopt a dog. The money will go to a better cause. Cheers hope to hear from some of you guys and gals:)

Stand your ground Hiroshi! I'd go for a pointer if i were you. They are very pleasant, mood lifting dogs. Very active and great hunters. They want to play fetch all day. They are less care intensive then shepards or labradors in terms of coaming or cleaning the house.

Here is a picture of Macro, my Doberman who i had to let go in 2007 :(

macro_huh.jpg

So my gf and where having coffee at our local hangout yesterday and some fella had his Beagle pup outside.She ended up playing with dog for whole time we where there. I was talking with owner of dog and had mentioned to him we are thinking of a Pommaranian and he gave me the "sorry to hear that type look" LoL! But to make story short, My gf is not dead set on the little furball anymore, I saw her google imaging Beagle pups this morning:D I've decided myself that I would very much want a Beagle lets just hope my gf is in the same vote :pray: It's looking good though!:D

So my gf and where having coffee at our local hangout yesterday and some fella had his Beagle pup outside.She ended up playing with dog for whole time we where there. I was talking with owner of dog and had mentioned to him we are thinking of a Pommaranian and he gave me the "sorry to hear that type look" LoL! But to make story short, My gf is not dead set on the little furball anymore, I saw her google imaging Beagle pups this morning:D I've decided myself that I would very much want a Beagle lets just hope my gf is in the same vote :pray: It's looking good though!:D

I hope you guys go for a Beagle, too. :D

Knowing where you stand in the pack is a good thing Hiroshi, good count! Last year we did have seven but after that vid, Joy came down with cancer so presently there are ony six. We've taken in some older dogs and the number has changed, up and down. We hope the number is going to continue down and not up again.

I have three cats, all rescues. The oldest one is a Norwegian Forest Cat named Tina, the middle one is an American Bombay named Lora and the youngest one is another Norwegian named Cousin Itt. I picked the first two up from streets, the youngest one from a shelter. A great bunch.

I'm like you Jekabs, i have 3 cats, the oldest one who is 12, has only 3 legs and was abandoned at an RAF base, when we took her in she had almost no fur but she's great now, my second cat is 1 year old and my neighbour gave me her in payment for repairing their computer :) the third one was found straying at only 6 weeks old and someone handed her into the cat rescue shelter i work at so i had to bring her home, she's the most laid back cat i have ever seen.

I thought I might revive this thread because I want to know if there are more users who want to share their animal companions. I hope there is nothing wrong with that.

For all 21 years of my life, I never owned a single pet. :(

Owning a dog is expensive and for a cat, I need to find one that I am not allergic to.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back