Any pet owners or soon/want to be owners here?

I would love to have a dog. Of course, I want a Saint Bernard and parakeet, but I might get a Boxer, a Bulldog, or a Labrador.

I would own a cat, but their affinity for softness makes me allergic.

EDIT: I can't own a St. Bernard in Alabama because it get hot here quite often.

Cats: one of them (Tarka-Barka) always wanted to get into the house sight-seeing, her first aim was always the living room, the other one (Zsömike) was afraid of coming into the house, while we had to get him used to eating inside as he gave his food to his girlfriend (well most of it), and he lost a lot of weight because of that! Other one (Kormika) came walking with me always. Tarka-Barka btw once thanked me (after I gave her a slice of salami in the morning) by bringing me a mouse on the afternoon. LOL she looked at me puzzled why I didn't accept it:D Now we have only one cat sadly, as they passed away or got chased away by our other cats.
Dogs: my girlfriend had 2 of them (now only one as the other passed away at the age of 13). One of them was the queen of the armchairs, when she got into it you couldn't get her out. (she was a poodle, named Dorisz), the other is a mixed dog (1 part of it is hungarian or german pointer for sure, btw her name is Picúr), and she is a "ball-dog", she always wants to play balls. Oh and btw, if you come silent using your keys, she hides under the table with trembling legs, while if you use the door bell or knock the door, she barks until you have a headache:D Good housekeeper isn't she?:D

This is Miss Gotta Stay. She used to live at the hotel where i worked at. She was a stray cat that came in one day many years back and the hotel just ended up adopting her. The hotel even sells a kids book telling the story about her. Gotta Stay sadly had to be put down last year due to falling ill with cancer. I miss that cat dearly. Oh BTW, if any of you ever come to Canada and visit Vancouver come stay at the Sylvia Hotel. We are the most pet friendly hotel in town. We also do no charge for pets to stay where other hotels either have no pet policy or they charge extra. And we are right on the beach :cool:. Dogs will always get a treat when guests are checking in. I have not yet to see anyone bring a cat.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 253
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 233
This is Miss Gotta Stay. She used to live at the hotel where i worked at. She was a stray cat that came in one day many years back and the hotel just ended up adopting her. The hotel even sells a kids book telling the story about her. Gotta Stay sadly had to be put down last year due to falling ill with cancer.She was 14 years old. I miss that cat dearly. Oh BTW, if any of you ever come to Canada and visit Vancouver and you want to bring your dog or cat, come stay at the Sylvia Hotel. We are the most pet friendly hotel in town. We also do no charge for pets to stay where other hotels either have no pet policy or they charge extra. And we are right on the beach :cool:. Dogs will always get a treat when guests are checking in. I have not yet to see anyone bring a cat so unfortunately no kitty treats yet.

I wish I could get my dog "freddy" back who suddenly departed because of a long term left heart failure that caused a pulmonary oedema. It happend around one and a half year ago but I still remember this day like it used to be yesterday as we drove in hasty to the veterinary early in the morning to get him medicated. Back at home I was alone, writing a seminar paper when around midday my dog startled and started to choke I knew it was time for him. And as this happend I had to avow to myself that I was not ready for this and I regretted that we ever got a pet like him. But things change as you know and today I miss the time I shared with my dog (literally 24/7 for twelve years) and I'm kind of sad that I cannot have another pet because I wouldn't have enough time to care for it. So time will tell if I will get the opportunity to own another pet.

Once you had a pet and cared for it for a long time you'll never want to be without one anymore.:)

fritzi_02.jpgfritzi_05.jpg

It's that I don't have the time to go walking with a dog at least 3 times a day. Otherwise I would get one immediately. Grew up with a dog and loved his company for over 16 years.

Dogs are special, loyal and great fun :) Great thread

We have in our little flat dogs for my whole life... We had my mother's dachshund dog (male) with fathers's Alsatian (security dog, the best animal I've ever known), who had 9 puppies, we sold 8 and kept another one, very nice! Both females. I loved them so much. Now we have from shelter (hybrid? I dont the term in english :D) for 10 years right now... Jesus, its a long time... He is old, but full of energy :) He can have 12-13 years. But when I will move out and live in my own home side. I will again get another female Alsatian :)

I wish I could get my dog "freddy" back who suddenly departed because of a long term left heart failure that caused a pulmonary oedema. It happend around one and a half year ago but I still remember this day like it used to be yesterday as we drove in hasty to the veterinary early in the morning to get him medicated. Back at home I was alone, writing a seminar paper when around midday my dog startled and started to choke I knew it was time for him. And as this happend I had to avow to myself that I was not ready for this and I regretted that we ever got a pet like him. But things change as you know and today I miss the time I shared with my dog (literally 24/7 for twelve years) and I'm kind of sad that I cannot have another pet because I wouldn't have enough time to care for it. So time will tell if I will get the opportunity to own another pet.

Once you had a pet and cared for it for a long time you'll never want to be without one anymore.:)

View attachment 36081View attachment 36082

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Sometimes its just hard to replace your dog that has been your companion for so long. It would be hard for me to just get another dog and start over.

Got a small Bichon Frise, really happy about that dog! :D And it's pretty smart, you know: I was going upstairs the dog followed me up, then I went down and went into a room without the dog seeing where I went. Then she comes some seconds later, stands in front of me those cute round eyes and her head a bit to the side, like she thinks I'm stupid.. :frown: :roflol:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back