Any of you use lower than 900 degrees steering?

EDIT: Sorry, title should have been more complete- 'Any of you use degrees rotation much lower than 900deg?'

I posted this in the AssettoCorsa site but have no replies yet, so I'm trying here.

Is there any of you who has set Profiler and in-game degrees rotation to a value lower, say 450? I last had mine set this way, and in-game set to 270, having tried it so far with 458, M3 GT2, Z4 GT3, and even recently the Exige, and they seem easier to maneuver than at 900deg. Actually most recent I've tried at 220 (in both Profiler and in-game) and it still seems fine, even better, and find 900 too much rotation. Any inputs on this that I may be missing? I mentioned in an earlier thread though that I'm relatively new to sim racing, having played only w/ F1 2012/2013 so far.

I doubt there is a problem w/ setting this up too because the changes seem to take effect, so I'm sure its working. Though I've read threads indicating different cars have different standard degrees of rotation, but the lower settings I mentioned above seemed to apply fine to those 5 cars, and I believe the standard degrees of rotation for those cars are higher. Do any of you use lower values than 900? I'd appreciate any inputs too on going w/ this lower setting.

Thanks Bram. Yes, I'm aware there's less room but didn't seem to have problems with that so far Though I still have to drive more at more challenging speeds to really find out. What specific RWD car can you suggest I try? Where can I see w/c are RW or FWD?

I use 540 degrees quite often via the Logitech profiler, then when it's calibrated in game, the game picks up the new setting.

On every update I go back an try 900 degrees, just to see how the cars handle again.

I think I use 540 because I probably don't have quick enough hands, and hate crossing my hands over to try and catch the back end stepping out. I suppose the danger of this setting is over-compensating and setting up a bit of fish-tailing, as I may over-correct too easily because less rotation is required.

I am starting to get used to using one hand to rotate the wheel quicker when I do use 900 degrees though. With my right hand at around the 3 o'clock position (or left hand at 9 o'clock), I can rapidly get 270 degrees of motion when needed, though this is not my natural way of driving.

I use 540 degrees quite often via the Logitech profiler, then when it's calibrated in game, the game picks up the new setting.

On every update I go back an try 900 degrees, just to see how the cars handle again.

I think I use 540 because I probably don't have quick enough hands, and hate crossing my hands over to try and catch the back end stepping out. I suppose the danger of this setting is over-compensating and setting up a bit of fish-tailing, as I may over-correct too easily because less rotation is required.

Same here, did drive with 900 for a while but I find it a bit to "slow" for my taste so I have settled for 540, at least for now.

if you aim for realism you should put the max steering angle in profiler and in game your wheel provides as the game automatically set the real max steering lock per car basis, for example i got g25 ingame and profiler 900º then if i choose the 599x i have 720 deegrees the stop on g25 is still at 900 but when you pass from the 720º either rigth or left the ingame animation stops at 720º this means these inputs above limit are not taken into consideration, the downside of it is you loose the "hard stop" telling the end of steering input but is very rare the occasions you go full steering unless you´re drifting and you should avoid big angles, bad for tires.

Wow, I thought people on Race Department were serious sim-racers...Why even bother having a 900 degree wheel and a game that supports it? What is the point of having the most realistic driving experience available if you are just going to put Indy car steering in a street car? Might as well be using a gamepad IMO.

So if Aris says to jump in the water you do that as well?

That understeer problem has nothing to do with the amount of rotation of your wheel. You can perfectly drive with 540 if you setup everything properly.

Understeer means you are cornering too fast or braked too late.

I used to have 225°, but in AC every car I tried is undriveable with it. So I must change profiler/driver settings every time I start up AC, as no value in setups for changing steering ratio exists.
Should be updated, nearly all games have it.

So if Aris says to jump in the water you do that as well?

That understeer problem has nothing to do with the amount of rotation of your wheel. You can perfectly drive with 540 if you setup everything properly.

Understeer means you are cornering too fast or braked too late.
Gee Bram, Aris only made the game, can't imagine why I would listen to his advice on how to set up your hardware for it...

Bram your point is wrong in my opinion, is right that most gt cars and rally cars even use 540º but for example the 599x use 720º, if you put 900º in game and profiler you will always get the real life max lock no matter the car you use as the game puts it for you according to real data, you dont have to guess it.

Wasn't implying that everybody must use 540 degrees for a realistic experience. I am using 540 degrees on all my games for years now and have been used to this rotation.

Everybody should use what feels right for them.

Just can't stand the elitist patronizing comment that was posted above my comment that on purpose needs to offense people for no reason..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back