Any of you use lower than 900 degrees steering?

EDIT: Sorry, title should have been more complete- 'Any of you use degrees rotation much lower than 900deg?'

I posted this in the AssettoCorsa site but have no replies yet, so I'm trying here.

Is there any of you who has set Profiler and in-game degrees rotation to a value lower, say 450? I last had mine set this way, and in-game set to 270, having tried it so far with 458, M3 GT2, Z4 GT3, and even recently the Exige, and they seem easier to maneuver than at 900deg. Actually most recent I've tried at 220 (in both Profiler and in-game) and it still seems fine, even better, and find 900 too much rotation. Any inputs on this that I may be missing? I mentioned in an earlier thread though that I'm relatively new to sim racing, having played only w/ F1 2012/2013 so far.

I doubt there is a problem w/ setting this up too because the changes seem to take effect, so I'm sure its working. Though I've read threads indicating different cars have different standard degrees of rotation, but the lower settings I mentioned above seemed to apply fine to those 5 cars, and I believe the standard degrees of rotation for those cars are higher. Do any of you use lower values than 900? I'd appreciate any inputs too on going w/ this lower setting.

Sorry that so many of you are hurt over my comment but I stick with it.....Why should Kunos bother trying to make a sim as realistic as possible if even the people that say they want realism game it up to be easier? How are people going to comment on the physics when they aren't driving the car realistically?

I dont think anyone should let an opinion of a game setting upset them. :D

I've been playing rfactor2 (yes i know u guys talking about AC) for about 10months and have always had profiler set to 600° and then fiddled about with ingame settings for each car.

After reading around some forums recently i changed my profiler to 900° and let rfactor assign its own rotation for each car and i can't believe how much more realistic the cars feel to drive.....I'm kicking myself that i've been missing out on this for almost a year.

So i'm guessing it would be the same for other sims such as AC, so thats my recommendation :D

@Requiem84 I am currently racing only two cars in AC and they drive fine with my own settings.

I drive more games than just AC, hasn't really got my interest if there is no multiplayer available, and I don't want to spend any precious time on setting up my wheel settings all the time so I stick to what I am familiar with (arcade styleee ;)).

Why don't you give 900 degrees a try? Up to you of course, but it's all small effort! :).

I find that using 900 in the logitech profiler makes the force feedback unresponsive and wishy washy. 540 is the sweet spot than gives you room for precision and quickness for flicks and correction.. Whoever was stating that using 540 degrees in a car that has 900 degrees is arcadey is ignorant. When are you doing a k-turn on a racetrack? You will never use 900 degrees of rotation on a track at any speed.

I take it no one here uses a TSW wheel? Or at least uses an older one like a TSW2. In which case your using a 180 - around 240 degree setting. Hoping to move up to a better wheel soon, but for now just have to use what I have.

Just discovered the topic, and it's more for the OP of the topic, altho it was started ages ago, and probably my reply would be irrelevant for now, since monitors became much faster than back then. But still:
Back in rf1 days I couldn't handle the car with 900 degrees of wheel rotation, because i've been using a LED monitor with quite big lag. It was 60 hz, and, well i don't remember now how many ms was response, was okay-ish in specs, but it was a noticeable lag, like known "input lag" in some games.
Setting my wheel to 540 degrees or lower meant any steering correction is more sensitive ingame, so it sorta compensated the lag for OK-ish driving (not racing though). Quickly switching to fast monitors later solved that problem forever. Can use 900 degrees without any problem now.

Last edited:
So if Aris says to jump in the water you do that as well?

That understeer problem has nothing to do with the amount of rotation of your wheel. You can perfectly drive with 540 if you setup everything properly.

Understeer means you are cornering too fast or braked too late.

Actually you can turn the steering wheel too much and bring the front tires well past there ideal slip angles and understeer as well regardless of braking to late or going into a corner too hard ;)

LOL just realized this thread is from 2014!!!

Last edited:
These are mine though I can't imagine how they could effect centering.

Profiler.png
Game.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%