ANY NEWS?

I read on Facebook 3 weeks ago that we had to wait a few days for the new V8 cars. I then read a few days later that the Beta version was given to the backers.
That's fine, we just haven't heard another word on Facebook or here when the rest of the GSC owners will see the next update.
I have over 100 drivers and they ask me every day. I'm not pressing anybody, but ANY indication would take the heat off me...:)

Regarding the championship scoring bug, you may try using version 1.35b on Steam. Right click the game, select "properties", then the "Betas" tab, and select 1.35b. Please note that this is not the actual 1.37 beta and doesn't have the SuperV8 or the new Montreal:

V1.35b is an alternative version to the current GSCE v1.35, as temporary solution for users looking to run in offline championship mode.

Firstly a clarification - there´s been some understandable complaints about this bug persisting for so long. As we had commented before, since we did not have access to the source code to develop new features in the code base, we had been using external plugins & code "injection" (ie code injected while the game is open in the memory). This proved to be problematic for a variety of reasons.

Now with development being conducted directly in the code base so this will no longer be an issue, however since it will still take some time until we release a new version compiled from this code (we estimate 7-8 weeks), we have elected to make this alternative version available for those eager to run offline championships.

V1.35B basically v1.35 compiled with code injection from v1.15 - this fixes a few problems, but also disables some features we added in later versions. Specifically:

What it fixes:
Championship scoring
Ability to manually set grid position (when quali is disabled)

What it disables:
DRS for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza;
8th gear for the F-Extreme;
Adjusted qualifying performance
Moving clouds

V1.35B basically v1.35 compiled with code injection from v1.15 - this fixes a few problems, but also disables some features we added in later versions. Specifically:
What it fixes:
Championship scoring
Ability to manually set grid position (when quali is disabled)

What it disables:
DRS for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza;
8th gear for the F-Extreme;
Adjusted qualifying performance
Moving clouds

That's great news. Thanks Fabio. What it disables I don't care about anyway. Cheers.:thumbsup:

Thanks again for the great response Reiza. :)

Any availability for non-steam users?

Would love to keep a copy of GSCE with Championships as backup in case of Steam borkage (then I can switch to Steam).

:)

All code injection will be gone and GSC will be "relaunched" with the new code or just a few parts?
I'd like if you guys take a look at the controls. Had a situation similar to this http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/controls-stop-working.106496/#post-2018646
while racing online this sunday, was not fun :( (but in my case the DFGT just locked, wheel was hard as rock and didn't want to turn, brake and throttle pedals were on 100% by itself)

@poet : I don't think this will be made available outside of Steam, sadly. GSC Sync doesn't support multiple versions. For our non-Steam users, we beg for a little more patience!

@Will Mazeo : I think the plan is to eventually replace all code injection, but that won't happen all at once. I'd need to confirm this, though, and since the team has limited availability right now with all the traveling, that might take a little while.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back