Any interest in Indy/CART?!!

I've noticed that there's a lack of oval events in RD. I understand that stock cars and oval racing is an acquired taste. But would there be any interest in Indy that runs 45%/55% ovals to road courses? So would it be possible to get an Indy RD league running?

Is the RD community interested in participating in Indy?

Jacksonville mate. :)

Its Daytona but with a other name. And since it is stock in rFactor it's legal. :)

I'm not sure the high downforce CART/ChampCars would suit a Daytona-like track well. Although I do have good news. It seems that the JNS tracks are either scratch built or legal permission given conversion. Therefore, the JNS group has created a very large amount of oval content from famous ovals like Daytona and Talladega to obscure (but also good) ovals like Nazareth and Myrtle Beach.

I dont forsee any problems now unless JNS ovals turns out to be illegal.

Here's the group's page: http://jnstracks.net/download.php

So we now have Indy, Nazareth, Richmond, Texas, etc at our disposal if everything's good :)

I'm not sure the high downforce CART/ChampCars would suit a Daytona-like track well. Although I do have good news. It seems that the JNS tracks are either scratch built or legal permission given conversion. Therefore, the JNS group has created a very large amount of oval content from famous ovals like Daytona and Talladega to obscure (but also good) ovals like Nazareth and Myrtle Beach.

I dont forsee any problems now unless JNS ovals turns out to be illegal.

Here's the group's page: http://jnstracks.net/download.php

So we now have Indy, Nazareth, Richmond, Texas, etc at our disposal if everything's good :)

Well, wouldn't try Myrtle Beach in an open-wheel car. I've run there in my MX-5's (yes, on an oval) and while well-suited for them, it is a little bit tiny for Champ cars. Richmond too, for that matter - Indycar did run there a few years, but it was rarely a good race. Just too tight. Texas would be excellent (best Indy race of the year - usually IMO), and Nazareth wasn't half bad either.

Some good news for those who are interested in the league. Thilo, Luke, Niko Puntola, and a few guys from SCART series tested both the Panoz Champcar and CARTFactor. After a few hours of tweaking and testing we've all mutually agreed that CARTFactor would absolutely be the best way to go. Offering multiple chassis configuration for both road courses, short ovals, speedways and of course the (American) famous Hanford device, CARTFactor became the overall best choice to bring the American spirit of motorsports to (hopefully) Race Department. I also am astounded by the sensitivity to damage for the CARTFactor mod.

Because of the addition of the CARTFactor, the schedule will be changed a little bit.

We decided that Mosport would be a better venue than Fundidora (and Mosport is already confirmed to be legal), and we've replaced Nazareth with Orchard Lake (with hanford device).

At the moment our only problem left to sort out before we draft the provisional rules (and eventually the proposal to the RD devs) would be the safety car procedure. Hopefully by early next week we can have the SC procedure decided and the rules completely created. Then we'll send a PM to both Adam and Lee in hopes of making this idea a reality within RD. After practicing the CARTFactor at JNS Indianapolis, I have to admit that I'm pretty stunned by how realistic (and thus difficult) CARTFactor is on the ovals. Hopefully this would make a fantastic league :)

BTW: if anyone knows how to keep the AI SC from spawning and manually drive the safety car during a safety car procedure please let me know as that would greatly help us. We already know that CARTFactor has a drivable safety car (even has a modeled cockpit) but we're not 100% sure how this would work online. So any help and insights would be fantastic :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back