Anticipating

There seems to be quite a few things we are waiting for, we seem to have an announcement and then never hear about them again and then they announce a Depth of Field effect to the replay cameras, there is surely more needed things that can be worked on.
Audi TT RS VLN - Jan 30 - no update
Mclaren 650S GT3 - Mar 24 - no update
BMW M6 GT3 - Apr 12 - no update
Audi R8 LMS 2016 - Aug 19 - middle next year at least?
Silverstone - Aug 23 - middle next year at least?
WTCC 2016 inc Volvo S60 - Sep 5
Audi Sport TT Cup - Sep 12 - middle next year at least?
Corvette C7 GT3 - Oct 7 - middle next year at least?

For me i was wondering if they might use the October new build to add the Nvidia SMP tech to allow those of us with triple screens to get the full effect rather than add much in the way of new content, but that is i realise a rather personal wish.

Jason.

No, the addition of the Nvidia code would be great, for all those lucky so and so's that have a 1080/1070 :cry: I just wish they wouldn't tell us about something than it doesn't appear for a year.

There seems to be quite a few things we are waiting for, we seem to have an announcement and then never hear about them again and then they announce a Depth of Field effect to the replay cameras, there is surely more needed things that can be worked on.
Audi TT RS VLN - Jan 30 - no update
Mclaren 650S GT3 - Mar 24 - no update
BMW M6 GT3 - Apr 12 - no update
Audi R8 LMS 2016 - Aug 19 - middle next year at least?
Silverstone - Aug 23 - middle next year at least?
WTCC 2016 inc Volvo S60 - Sep 5
Audi Sport TT Cup - Sep 12 - middle next year at least?
Corvette C7 GT3 - Oct 7 - middle next year at least?

Track & car artists != people who improve game features.

The guy who is working on DoF has literally nothing to do with car production or track creation.

Also, check the history books ;) This past year is a good example. Nords released and that was teased nearly a full year prior. ADAC 15 was teased ages before it released. Audi R18 was teased a year before release. etc, etc, etc.

It should never be surprising to anyone that content is teased or announced long before it comes out. In any sim racing game.

And Silverstone is tentatively scheduled for late December.

For me i was wondering if they might use the October new build to add the Nvidia SMP tech to allow those of us with triple screens to get the full effect rather than add much in the way of new content, but that is i realise a rather personal wish.

Does this even work on DX9?

There was also something quite a while ago about changing to a new graphics engine, or did I dream that one.

Then they should not release a teaser announcement until 6 months prior to launch, a year before is too long and may even not reach completion, at least within 6 months a lot of the work will already have been done.

There was also something quite a while ago about changing to a new graphics engine, or did I dream that one.
No, you didn't dream it.
It was a posting by the CEO of S3 (whose name escapes me at the moment) showing that they'd been experimenting with the UE4 engine.
Nothing more came of it at that time, but there have been further screen-shots from the studio showing UE icons active on the screens.
Add to that the recent Simbin addition (presumably console-oriented), and I'd give a move to UE4 a bigger than even chance.
Although WHEN that may be accomplished is still shrouded.
And whether it'll be a move by R3E to UE4, or a new original IP is a big question.

It's what I find annoying with the DoF effect they're showing for the new patch, if a engine swap was coming, why even bother taking time to add such a feature when the community time and time again has brought up flags, displays, triple monitor support etc. I can't recall a single soul asking for DoF. The feature in itself is not bad I guess, but at the moment is just feels like a really weird priority.

A new graphic engine was never confirmed they just said its a possibility, they also tweeted last week that a flag system was being worked on as we speak.
Three of the cars in op list are currently being tested but i believe are waiting on some final data before being released.
I could be mistaken but triple screen, night and weather are currently not available due to limitations in the engine....hence the thought of potentially moving to the unreal engine down the road.

I could be mistaken but triple screen, night and weather are currently not available due to limitations in the engine....hence the thought of potentially moving to the unreal engine down the road.
The engine apparently still supports night and rain, but it would obviously mean a lot of work to actually implement it properly.

That's why I had my hopes pinned on the new SMP technology from Nvidia to help with the triple screen issues as I am sure they mentioned the limitations of implementing this with the current engine.

But even that has now been dashed, luckily with the help of a third party spotter app the lack of side views has been eased some what.

Jason.

The engine apparently still supports night and rain, but it would obviously mean a lot of work to actually implement it properly.

What do you mean "still supports" night and rain?

R3E uses a custom graphics engine that no one else uses. Called the Rendr Engine.

This isnt the gmotor from ISI that was previously used in Race 07 :p

I dont believe rain, night, or many other features are supported by this engine, hence why the game doesnt have them.

What do you mean "still supports" night and rain?

R3E uses a custom graphics engine that no one else uses. Called the Rendr Engine.

This isnt the gmotor from ISI that was previously used in Race 07 :p

I dont believe rain, night, or many other features are supported by this engine, hence why the game doesnt have them.
Diego Sartori confirmed it 4 years ago (10:50):

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea