Annoying behaviour on internet games

E

Eric Soeters

• Eric Soeters

Bought beginning this week the GTR-Evo and ofcourse started to do internet games. First of all to get more familiar to other tracks and what's more fun than driving against other persons around the world. However I got frustrated pretty soon due to various reasons:
-During qualification they break off the session using voting, and everytime when I'm doing a quicklap (for my standards).
-First corner is always a mayhem. First few times I did it very slowly, but there is always a person who finds it necessary to finish my race in a earlier stage.
-To avoid above problem I try to qualify latest and take it very easy on the first corner(s). Ofcourse people are spinning of, but if you want to overtake them, they decide to trow the steering wheel to the left or right doing everything what is possible to avoid me overtaking them. One crash more or less doesn't seem to bother them.
-Most of the time I go for a pitstop to fix the damage. I come out of the pits and you see a car standing in some blind corner. Doing everything what is possible not to hit this car, I spin off and again got some suspension problems....
-Or even worse, they start driving the wrong way, at start put the gear in reverse and more of that kind of 'funny' stuff...
How do others cope with this? I have no idea how to avoid these 'childeren' and just want to have some racing fun.

Unfortunatly i'm still only driving public servers. And yes there are a lot of total idiots out there,but every now and then you'll have a great race.
Possitive side is that you'll learn to use your mirrors,especialy in the first couple of corners.
I've had people driving(and crashing me) the wrong way,putting in reverse at the start, wanting to go from p25 to p1 at the first corner,"waiting" for you at some (blind) corner and so on, but after a while you start to live with it and go to the next server.Although it very frustating to drive a nice qually with a good starting posision and see your race ended after 8 seconds...But still you can find good and fair drivers on public servers,they maybe rare but they're out there.:laugh2:

• Deadly_Dave

Hi all first post here.

I to get all that, its really annoying no matter what i do i seam to always get rammed at the first corner, i dont think i have yet had a race where i have not.
also i dont no if its just my connection but i get alot of lag online my FPS drops alot and the cars will pause for a few seconds every little while. is this the norm coz i really want to race online but spend mostly doing single player, at least they kind of keep to the rules except the blue flag dam AI.

Great site by the way came across it looking for a good active forum about the up and coming race pro on the 360 cant wait for that!!

Regards
Dave.

Well my experience is actually a quite good one.

I Mostly race with F3000 on public servers and most of the drivers are quite fair.
Maybe the worst problem is the first corner in the race. But even that is getting better and better.

But you can never be sure with whom are you racing with, thats why protected
servers rule ;)

This is all too familiar to me. I just stopped playing GRID (no time avail) since I got GTR evo. GRID has no qual or setup, you just get in the car and race. First corner mayhem is assured, ramming, bumping and cheating exist there too. My point is that you will get this in a competitive environment in any game.

It was strange fun trying to avoid all that. Its much more difficult in a sim like GTR since the cars have much less grip but I guess its a matter of getting used to the game engine.

• Eric Soeters

I played GRID also before GTR-Evo, however I also got annoyed there on the online servers. Furthermore although I really liked the game, GTR-evo has more to offer in a better and professional way. This evening I have my first Trial Race. So this will be my first online game without total mayhem in corner #1. Well actually I hope I race, due to the fact they still not added me to the drivers list.. I get a little bit worried I will miss the fun tonight. Anybody an idea how come they have not added me yet?

Lol!

I think you hit the nail on the head fella... in fact i think you got every nail on the head!

I rarley race on Pub Servers. When i do all i can say is be patient. Break as far off the racing line a possible ESPECIALLY into first corner (although no gaurantees). Be patient, i know i've said this twice BUT the banger usually crash out in the first few laps.

Finally, join a racing club. Obviously this is one right here BUT if your waiting for your membership (like i am) i would suggest spinning some laps at my club. www.flatoutclub.com ;).

It makes no difference what type of online game you play, there will always be bangers/griefers/f***wits out there wanting to spoil our fun. What I have found and I see some of you have is that 99% of them only do it for your reaction, and when you don't react or react in a humorous way it really get's up their nose. :laugh2:

But as has been pointed out the ONLY two guaranteed ways to get a good race is to join a club or organise closed races with likeminded mates. I am lucky enough to be able to do the latter but unfortunately their are only 2 of us which means any off circuit action generally results in not seeing the other car until you are back in the pits. TBH I can't wait to be able to get into the club and league racing here :beer:

@Nathan, I checked out your FlatOut club, will be signing up there as well :handshake:

It makes no difference what type of online game you play, there will always be bangers/griefers/f***wits out there wanting to spoil our fun. What I have found and I see some of you have is that 99% of them only do it for your reaction, and when you don't react or react in a humorous way it really get's up their nose. :laugh2:

But as has been pointed out the ONLY two guaranteed ways to get a good race is to join a club or organise closed races with likeminded mates. I am lucky enough to be able to do the latter but unfortunately their are only 2 of us which means any off circuit action generally results in not seeing the other car until you are back in the pits. TBH I can't wait to be able to get into the club and league racing here :beer:

@Nathan, I checked out your FlatOut club, will be signing up there as well :handshake:

Nice one. All real good guys and FAST! :O. I've learnt a lot there.

Need to be clear though peeps: I'm not poaching people from here as i DO want to become a full member myself. So just to be clear my club is an excellent place to gain good track experience if your waiting for membership here :D.

• Richard Birchall

Hi I'm new to the forum and to GtrEvo.. only had the game 3 days..
I've only played online for 3-4 hours up to now, so still learning the game
cause its been a while since I've played a good racing game anywhere near to this.
One thing that does bug me is especially on the Nordscheilfe/Nurburg ring
Is you start to make a good lap and you lose connection with the Host.
As for all the crashers and banging, I do find it funny watching them spin off
but not so when It does involve me :disapointed:
Some of the tracks on the public servers are 'Unkown' and It bugs me what they are because I like to at least Drive on a Server with 5+ people, more interesting and competing with better drivers helps me learn to be faster.
I hope that il get into the Club eventually even tho I'm not even Average yet

Buck,

the tracks with servers with unkown listed in the track field are running addon tracks made by modders and community members round and about. some of the better ones that we use for events here can be found in the download section. many others run these tracks also. once you have them installed you will see the proper name where the unkown used to be and can then join the servers.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php

• Richard Birchall

I've downloaded some, le-mans, top gear track and a couple of other but they don't show up in the track select menu (I'm running Steam version btw) Prob the wrong thread to discuss this tho :)

I agree its also the reason ive started to look for a more mature racing enviroment because the publics are filled with wum's.
Like many here i also played Grid but although great fun wasnt quite what i wanted as a TOCA fan and having previously played gtr1/2 gtr evo with race 07 was a logical choice and one im pleased ive made. Still waiting to logg enough posts to apply for racing club membership but i look forward to racing/meeting you all there.

I just did my first public server race for ages on the race dept public server, and man do I remember why I could never be bothered with online racing before joining here.

Intentionally ramming galore, as you come to pass someone they barge you off track or wriggle around madly belting you off track if you are not careful ... mayhem, chaos and abuse - the laugh I had at the end was someone actually said "great racing guys!" :laugh:

I say stay public boys if that is your idea of great racing and help keep RD racing honest and clean :good:

It largely depends in reality on where you race

Some of the serves you can tell who is going to wreck and who is not.

In my opinion most of time public serves are okay, but only if you go in with about 10 people

Wreckers are more likely to be attracted to bigger servers or cars like Minis coz theya re easier to drive and tougher!!

Well, since every few weeks this topic comes up ---> "public server bashing"...

Instead of repeating myself, will just link to one of my posts regarding this issue (I think I have done about three in this forum, this one that I'm linking to, isn't in the right topic, but it is the more recent one).

http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr-evolution/10563-setups-dont-afraid.html#post192819

For instances, today I raced in the RD wtcc pub server and when I arrived, there was a vote kick going on…

I just pointed to them (the kickers) that the server in question might not have an administrator on-line on that exact moment, but that I was sure if they sent the replay and/or time/date to them, at a later date, the administrators would look into it and (if needed) act according with necessities (timed ban, permanent ban or whatever).

On my “usual” server it is (nowadays) very rare to find any brat (the ban list is long by now), and races are fine (it must be sad that it runs Nord, brats don’t like Nord). At peak hours it’s common to find about 30, 25 racers on it so there isn’t shortness of opposition either…

One must look also from the other end….

People just don’t want (bother or don’t know) to do any work regarding helping to “clean” the community… finding the e-mail of the server?, no way, sending an e-mail, too tiring, what?!?, doing an attachment?!, too hard… well you get the picture. Most people just prefer the easy and ineffective way out, they just b%&#h around and do nothing in effect, or leading to, the ban of that ID.

sorry :p

Dont know what is going on on other servers but F3000 public servers have impressively polite drivers. I almost never had a problem driving (except the first corner) on them.

Also position fights during the race were always fair. No ramming or any such stuff... I myself had opurtunity to drive with drivers who also waited for me (vice versa) when i accidentally crashed so the race was more excited. So its not all about winning (not at all!!!)

But as always you find a guy who doesnt like the rules... ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back