Announcing RacePad

We are very proud to announce RacePad.

RacePadWithComputerWhiteLarge.png

RacePad is the ideal iPad companion app for rFactor and rFactor 2.

It displays tons of information that isn't available in-game. It offers a detailed timing screen, a comprehensive dashboard, an interactive trackmap and a clever strategy view. All the vital racing information you need is displayed on iPad, freeing your monitor from any clutter.

RacePad can be downloaded from the App Store for free! No ads, no in-app purchases.

Head over to the website (www.tyka.net/racepad) for full details and screenshots.

RacePad was designed and developed with lots of attention to detail. We spent many months iterating over the many features and we are sure the app is an essential tool when it comes to sim racing.

We hope you will enjoy it as much as we did making it and are looking forward to your feedback.

Edward and Antti.

P.S - Apologies if this isn't the correct section. I lack the privileges to post a new thread on the rF2 mods- section.

Hi,

It's not really a matter of willingness, but rather a question of skill set and time.

To name a few reasons, I have no experience developing for Android and do not really have the time or the incentive to learn it. There is a large amount of fragmentation in Android devices, screen sizes and operating systems making it difficult to ensure layout and performance is correct on all devices. We would need two separate code bases as the code cannot be shared between the two. I also do not have an android device to test on and I'm not sure if there's a good enough simulator available.

Therefore I'm more than happy for any android programmer to join and make one, but unfortunately I won't be able to do it myself...

It's made for rFactor and rFactor 2, but any other rF-based game (like Automobilista) should work as well.

Most plugins (including RacePad) work fine in rF2, it's only the ones that use DirectX to display information in-game that don't work yet with DX11 :)
Oh ok. In case, any idea w/c use DX11? Miss some plugins and got the impression we had to disable first all plugins.

Good day, trying to troubleshoot why racepad isn't working for me. I used to use it a couple months back and it worked fine...then I tried it again yesterday and I keep getting a connection error. I'm using Automobilista. Things I've tried:

• Updated both iPad app and plugin to latest version
  • Set rules to allow TCP port 27227 in/out
  • Opened all ports when that didn't work
  • Disabled the firewall when that didn't work
  • Refrained from loading all other companion apps (I use dashmeterpro via USB tether, DashPi via wifi and CrewChief)
  • Reinstalled Racepad
Any suggestions?

I don't own Automobilista, so I cannot test myself. However, Antti owns it and it still works for him.

I'm not sure what could be wrong, I haven't changed anything on the networking side in this update. If it doesn't even connect then I guess the game either doesn't launch the plugin or it doesn't manage to create the socket.

Can you check a few things?
-) Are you using the correct (rF1) plugin for Automobilista? (http://www.tyka.net/racepad/downloads/RacePadPluginRF1.zip)
-) Is there a way to check in Automobilista whether a plugin is running or enabled?
-) Can you locate the RacePadLog.txt file in the game folder after launching the game?
-> If not (or the file already existed but is not modified), then the plugin didn't launch for some reason.
-> If so, can you post the contents of the file after you have tried to connect RacePad?
-) You can try with the previous (v1) plugin, although I doubt it changes anything: http://www.tyka.net/racepad/downloads/RacePadPluginRF1_v1.zip
-) If all that fails, you can try a different port (e.g. 27226) by editing the RacePadConfig.txt file in the game folder and then setting up that port in RacePad. Although I doubt that's the issue since it works for rF2 but not Automobilista for William...

Let me know and we'll try to figure it out :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back