Announcing RacePad

We are very proud to announce RacePad.

RacePadWithComputerWhiteLarge.png

RacePad is the ideal iPad companion app for rFactor and rFactor 2.

It displays tons of information that isn't available in-game. It offers a detailed timing screen, a comprehensive dashboard, an interactive trackmap and a clever strategy view. All the vital racing information you need is displayed on iPad, freeing your monitor from any clutter.

RacePad can be downloaded from the App Store for free! No ads, no in-app purchases.

Head over to the website (www.tyka.net/racepad) for full details and screenshots.

RacePad was designed and developed with lots of attention to detail. We spent many months iterating over the many features and we are sure the app is an essential tool when it comes to sim racing.

We hope you will enjoy it as much as we did making it and are looking forward to your feedback.

Edward and Antti.

P.S - Apologies if this isn't the correct section. I lack the privileges to post a new thread on the rF2 mods- section.

hi, do you think the rfactor version could work with AMS with some modifications?
Looks awesome.

We're not quite sure yet, to be honest, but we're looking into it. It would be nice to include support for other gMotor based sims as well, but I can't make any promises before we know what we're dealing with.

@William Wester, Thanks for the feedback, good to hear the App is running smoothly. :)

hi, do you think the rfactor version could work with AMS with some modifications?
Looks awesome.

As it appears, the rFactor version of the plugin works with AMS and GSCE without any modifications. We haven't had enough time to do a really thorough test to see if all the features work as intended, but it does seem to work OK. I'll report back later on when we're a bit wiser about the whole thing.

Meanwhile, if you do test RacePad with AMS or GSCE, feel free to drop in a PM or a message here if you encounter any issues or bugs with it. ;)

Thank you for this great app. I have used it with RF2, and Automobilista and it works great.

I love the attention to detail and i can see why it took so long to release. The layout is so easy to read and understand and it looks great on my iPad Mini 2.

I would like to see a donation button on the website as it would be great to be able to show my appreciation of an app of this quality and usefulness.

Also any chance of seeing this app for other sims as well in the future, pretty please.

Jason.

Last edited:
As it appears, the rFactor version of the plugin works with AMS and GSCE without any modifications. We haven't had enough time to do a really thorough test to see if all the features work as intended, but it does seem to work OK. I'll report back later on when we're a bit wiser about the whole thing.

Meanwhile, if you do test RacePad with AMS or GSCE, feel free to drop in a PM or a message here if you encounter any issues or bugs with it. ;)
I will try ASAP with AMS. Thank you!

Thank you for this great app. I have used it with RF2, and Automobilista and it works great.

I love the attention to detail and i can see why it took so long to release. The layout is so easy to read and understand and it looks great on my iPad Mini 2.

I would like to see a donation button on the website as it would be great to be able to show my appreciation of an app of this quality and usefulness.

Also any chance of seeing this app for other sims as well in the future, pretty please.

Jason.

Thank you for your kind words Jason. It's nice to hear that people are enjoying the App. :)
The website does have a donate button, we just didn't feel the front page was the right place for it. You can find it on the support-section of the site.

This looks fantastic. Is there any plans for an Android version?

Unfortunately we don't currently have any plans for an Android conversion. However, if an Android programmer would like to join us to make one, we'd be delighted. ;)

Hi,

We can have a look if the other games provide enough data to make it work, or if we need to adapt the functionality a bit. At one point I tried to check for iRacing, but I couldn't find any SDK and you can only access their forums if you're a paying member :(. I didn't check yet for the other games.

We're taking a short break at the moment (except for any bug fixes), and will then have a look at what's next: other game support, iPhone version, new features, etc. Sorry for those on Android, it's not planned, but as Antti says, if anyone wants to join us in making one... more than welcome! :)

iRacing is so well covered with apps that will show you just about everything and anything, I think I run as many as three different apps depending on what I am racing as it is, but titles such as Assetto Corsa and Raceroom Racing Experience don't quiet seem to have the depth of quality apps such as yours so this one would be very welcome indeed, even if just by me !

Oh and thanks for the heads up about donation link, off to check it out.

Jason.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing