Announcer Bot

Apps Announcer Bot V2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
A quick fix would be to change resolution in windows to match AC resolution and run in windowed mode.
Thanks! Also managed to get it working fine by launching in windowed mode and pressing alt+enter for fullscreen, works for now.
Sorry to keep popping up in these threads with problems I immediately find solutions to, btw. XD

This is truly amazing for small leagues, but is this possibly able to work on other sims too as we run AC and rF2 and would love to use it with rF2.

Thanks you for this awesome app.

At this point all the relevant logic is happening inside assetto corsa, and I'm not aware of any easy/convenient way to make this work with rF2 telemetry, or to make this work outside of assetto corsa, so for the foreseeable future this will be AC only. Maybe someone can convince the Crew Chief coders to add an "announcer mode".

• Deleted member 590628

Hey! I love this mod, but is it possible to get the bot to only announce the top 10 finishes?

I looked through the code to do it myself but I'm still pretty new at this stuff and I can't figure it out.

I do big 30 car races and he starts tripping over himself trying to tell all 30 finishing positions.

Hey! I love this mod, but is it possible to get the bot to only announce the top 10 finishes?

I looked through the code to do it myself but I'm still pretty new at this stuff and I can't figure it out.

I do big 30 car races and he starts tripping over himself trying to tell all 30 finishing positions.
You would probably want to change these lines (around 2525 - 2529)
Code:
            if randInRange(0, 1) == 0 or not keyNum in dicNumbers:
                addSound("%sfinished_p-%d.wav"%(dirABSounds, position + 1))
            else:
                #ConsoleLog("Speaking from dicNumbers 300")
                addSound("%sfinished_%s_.wav"%(dirABSounds, dicNumbers[keyNum]))

To something like
Code:
            if position < 10: #position is zero based, so position 0 is P1
                else:

• Deleted member 590628

Code:
            else:

To something like
Code:
                else:
Thank you! I'll try that as soon as I can!

• Deleted member 590628

Code:
            else:

To something like
Code:
                else:
Huh, that's weird, I don't see these lines anywhere, this is what I have:
Code:
    if ac.getCarState(car, acsys.CS.RaceFinished) == 0 or not bIsRace:
            addSound("%sis_p-%d.wav"%(dirABSounds, position + 1))
        else: #  dic["raceOver"] == 1:

Lines 1920 to 1923, I tried to search for "%sfinished_p" and it's the only result I have.

Huh, that's weird, I don't see these lines anywhere, this is what I have:
Code:
    if ac.getCarState(car, acsys.CS.RaceFinished) == 0 or not bIsRace:
            addSound("%sis_p-%d.wav"%(dirABSounds, position + 1))
        else: #  dic["raceOver"] == 1:

Lines 1920 to 1923, I tried to search for "%sfinished_p" and it's the only result I have.
Maybe you're not on the latest ABot, which is now part of the streaming sweet

• Deleted member 590628

Maybe you're not on the latest ABot, which is now part of the streaming sweet

Ahhh, that was it! I didn't see that the pack version was newer! It works now!

Now the last thing I can't figure out, is changing the voice. If I replace "Microsoft David Desktop" by "Microsoft Richard Desktop", it completely stops working. I tried what you said in this post:
You should try changing the voicecmd INI entry to remove the -n command line parameter.

So instead of:
voicecmd = apps\\python\\AnnouncerBot\\voice.exe -n "Microsoft David Desktop" TEXTTOSPEECH

Try:
voicecmd = apps\\python\\AnnouncerBot\\voice.exe TEXTTOSPEECH
And the voice changes to a woman's voice, I'm not sure which one (I think Elsa?)

I believe the "soundsfolder" is no longer required?

Any idea what I should do here? If it's too complicated it's not a big deal, thanks for your help!

Hey, nice tool, we like to use it for our broadcaster as a walkthrough of the start grid. So best without the voice, but the time is very short switching from one car to the next. Is there a parameter to make the time span longer between the car switches?

Hey, nice tool, we like to use it for our broadcaster as a walkthrough of the start grid. So best without the voice, but the time is very short switching from one car to the next. Is there a parameter to make the time span longer between the car switches?
At this point that is not configurable, but I can look at adding a value to the INI that will help to make that switch delay longer.

I installed the announcerbot but i dont hear any voice. Nothing... Just the camera works...
Check to make sure the voice.exe in the AnnouncerBot folder is outputing sound.

1651855679197.png

It may help to remove the -n parameter from the voicecmd entry in the INI

Change This:
voicecmd = apps\\python\\AnnouncerBot\\voice.exe -n "Microsoft David Desktop" TEXTTOSPEECH

To This:
voicecmd = apps\\python\\AnnouncerBot\\voice.exe TEXTTOSPEECH

Cheers,

Esotic

Hello, I am trying to change the voice in AnnouncerBot to the SAPI5 version of Microsoft Sam that is installed on my PC. I tried changing the "Voicecmd" from "Microsoft David Desktop" to "Microsoft Sam" (Which is the name of the voice when installed), and it didn't work. I also tried Microsoft Mark Mobile and that didn't work either. I also tried removing -n "Microsoft David Desktop" from the "Voicecmd" resulting in no voice at all just like my previous attempts.

Under normal circumstances, the app does work if I don't change "Voicecmd" and it does work when I...
Check to make sure the voice.exe in the AnnouncerBot folder is outputing sound.

Is there any way I can use a voice to something that isn't listed in AnnouncerBot.ini (like Microsoft Sam listed above)?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.