Anniversary patch not doing anything.

Yes I followed the instructions but GTR2 still doesn't work without the disc.Maybe its because I have a keyboard without a numberpad?
I went thru all the numbered steps twice but nothing seems to have happened.

A few generic ideas:

-Do not install to any "Program Files" folder, windows security can interfere with any exe editing/replacing

-Run everything involved with admin privileges

-Temporarily disable DEP and any anti-malware software

-If all else fails, download a NoCD exe from one of the game util sites, just be sure to get the proper version and language, and see if it works.

I just don't think I'm installing the patch correctly. It doesn't seem to install anything.
Its almost like I'm not hitting the right application.
Do the patch files need to be in the GTR2 folder itself ?
ajust wondering, do I really need the patch, If I'm only going to use the older cars and the Power and Glory mod ?

Last edited:
I think I got it. I read put all files in one place, but I missed extract 1st part into GTR2 install location.
I plan to install mods, so should I put JSGME in now ? that way I should be able to go back to my original Anniversary patched GTR2 at anytime and at least have that working ok .

Yes, once you have all installed, configured, and all is working it is a good idea to make a backup like a single full 7zip (much powerful than Zip/rar with gtr2 files so archive will be smaller)... because one day you will install a mod which breaks all and this way it will be easier to delete faulty install and to extract 1 preconfigured game archive than starting from crash all-over again which can take much much much much longer.
This is what I did and my single preset game archive with all mods I like to have takes a full dvd-dl.

Last edited:
Got it all working finally after a new install and today its not working again. So far I've tried installing with and without patches, and then tried doing version 1 keeping all the original files.
All install seem to work for a day or two and then stop. Also the launch P&G icon doesn't launch anything any longer. I thought Silent Hunter was a tough install, this seems even harder.
Even GPL is an easier install.
Maybe its the order of doing things. When do you click on GTR2 exe and config exe and make them administrator?
I also ran the check config and all was OK.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.