Tracks Angarn Road Corse (work in progress)

This is a reboot of an old project, or I would rater call it a project that ran out of spare time. I got to the point which I wasn't happy with the freehand model I did.

So why am I building this track?
Because it's a road I keep coming back to, just because it a blast to drive (ppl living there are not so happy I'm guessing). The result of the freehand model confirms it as well, had a blast building/driving to get it right. It takes about the same time to drive around this in game as the Nurburgring 7-12min.

So what's different this time around?
Except of having a bit of spare time to use, I've bought 125km2 of laser scanned height data. It's a grid of 2by2 meters, lots of it will be removed to be able to run in game.

There will be more then one layout of the track.
Main track and longer version. Both can be combined to get a smaller sections as well. The layouts are not set in stone except the main track.

I would describe this track as a TimeAttack, Drift or Touge track. It has lot's of tight sections and some high speed sections. It will feature a 2+1 highway as well as two roundabouts. Not sure, but might add the proving ground/skidpad(think its called that) which is located in this area. It's a place for learner drivers to try out hazardous road conditions.

To sum it all up.
- Time Attack
- Drift
- 2+1 Highway
- (proving ground/skidpad) might maybe be included
- Touge
- 2 Roundabouts

Capture.PNG

Imported one out of 20 just to see how the data looked, but they flipped the Y axis, so 0 starts at the bottom and not the top. Need to rewrite the plugin for importing it.

track_layouts.png

Map of the track.
Main track in Green, Longer version is Green With the Red Section. Blue section is so alternative layouts can be made also a very fun road as well :)

Driving around the main track

What I have to do:
- ASC importer for blender
-- add options to split into smaller section or just load a specific section of a asc file
-- Import with lower density

- Remove unused points
- Textures
- Assets (Trees, Stones, Signs, etc)
- Model the road surface (2x2 grid is to harsh to use as is for road surface)

Might forgotten something, time will tell.

Last edited:
These are my favorite types of roads to drive on in Assetto Corsa. I watched the YouTube video and that looks like it must be a blast driving. Good luck!! :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.