Andretti F1

Well, Michael Andretti shot himself in the foot in his brief tenure in F1. Virtually everyone questioned his commitment to the project since instead of moving to Europe for the season he stayed in the US, flew over there every two weeks for the race weekend, then returned to the US. He is a good driver, one of the best (even Senna said so), but you still need the testing time to become intimate with the car. And McLaren certainly wasn't one of the best cars that year.
And all this exacerbated by his wife coming across as a pushy, extravagant, social climber.

Still, he managed to score points in his one partial season of F1, something many drivers never accomplished in years of F1.

But I think the experience took the edge off his driving. On his return to CART he was still good, still winning, but something was missing.

Such a shame for F1. Such a shame for F1. There's still a possibility that Andretti will enter the championship earlier if Haas will decide to quit. F1 should be interested in more teams from USA.

Last edited:
Speaking to AP in Long Beach last weekend, Mario didn't hold back when asked about the sport's treatment of his son's proposed entry.

"I was offended, actually," he admitted. "I don't think we deserved that, to be honest with you.

"It's a big investment in the series, and you'd think they'd welcome that," he continued. "Even the value of the series is more valuable with eleven teams than ten, so I don't know. Tell us what is really wrong."

Andretti also found it particularly galling that effectively having rubbished General Motors as the team's engine partner, the sport then sought to encourage the American giant to enter without Andretti

"That's another offensive statement there," said Andretti. "We're the ones that worked it out, and GM said it over and over, 'Andretti or nothing', and then F1 still tried to take it.

"There's an undercurrent there that I don't understand, quite honestly," he admitted. "But if they want blood, well, I'm ready."

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speaking to AP in Long Beach last weekend, Mario didn't hold back when asked about the sport's treatment of his son's proposed entry.

"I was offended, actually," he admitted. "I don't think we deserved that, to be honest with you.

"It's a big investment in the series, and you'd think they'd welcome that," he continued. "Even the value of the series is more valuable with eleven teams than ten, so I don't know. Tell us what is really wrong."

Andretti also found it particularly galling that effectively having rubbished General Motors as the team's engine partner, the sport then sought to encourage the American giant to enter without Andretti

"That's another offensive statement there," said Andretti. "We're the ones that worked it out, and GM said it over and over, 'Andretti or nothing', and then F1 still tried to take it.

"There's an undercurrent there that I don't understand, quite honestly," he admitted. "But if they want blood, well, I'm ready."

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
F1 does not care about and is totally out of touch with the average fan. For the leaders in F1, it's all about power and money.

Such a shame for F1. Such a shame for F1. There's still a possibility that Andretti will enter the championship earlier if Haas will decide to quit. F1 should be interested in more teams from USA.
There is no reason for Haas to quit, they're currently7th in the championship, and, the new points scenario 'if it were applied to the 2024' season they would be 6th, "so far, so good!"
And Andretti entering the F1 'Business' because of another dropping out would be a win for the money grabbers that's currently rejecting their entry bid, simply by removing the Andretti thorn in the side of presenting that ten teams are enough argument.
I personally am appalled by the greed that F1 represents now, with the complete double standards of arguing that diversity and new drivers and team members should be encouraged yet ensuring there is absolutely nowhere for them to go.
If the whole shebang were to be flushed down the drain I wouldn't sigh.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back