AMS or RF2

Hi,

As there are, some really good offers at steam at the moment, I`m thinking about getting Automobilista or RF2.

The problem is I`m not able to get both now. For now I mostly use R3E and AC and enjoy both.

So any suggestions on which one would you choose over the other and why? :)

I have both but Automobilista certainly outweighs RF2 on content if it were to go DX11 it would comfortably make it a better option and in saying that Reiza seriously need to up their game, RF2 with DX11 should be in the number one spot if only for the content and quality of the cars which still need some work (mostly sound) but looking really good for the future will definitely be waiting for more from RF2.

Ok, I believe it`s time to leave few words on the Automobilista experience.

I still haven`t spend as much time as I`d like with it and the time spent was mostly hot-lapping, so all my judgment is based on that, so far.

First of all I`m really glad I bought it, it`s definitely worth having and I`m sure I`ll spend more time with it in the future.

Pros:
- First thing the content, the amount of different series, which are so much different from each other and so well modelled, like drit racing, kart racing (I`ve spend a good dose of time karting in AMS :D) I`m absolutely amazed by those.
- To add to the content the game is a really complete product with all the apps with information and a crew chief included, so you don`t have to download a third party software, you`re ready to go.
- Tyre model is pretty good and also graphically I like that tyre is dirty with sand or grass when you go off track, I also love the fact that if you lock up in stock cars and flatten the tyre you`ll actually feel it with FFB and you`ll be slower
- Sound is very good and that`s important as it adds to the immersion, I`d still place R3E slightly above AMS in terms of sounds, but it`s close.
- Open wheelers, there`s a great selection and all of them feel just right and FFB is awesome on those. Open wheel racing is the best part of the game to my opinion.
- Overall feeling is just very good when driving and that speaks for itself in terms of physics.
- You can see that rFactor1 through it, so if you used to spend time with rF1 you may like it.

Cons:
- Graphics, yes you can tweak it, push it to boundaries, but it`ll still look dated and this is impacting the immersion to me, but you get used to it quickly.
- Not much tracks outside of Brazil (but there are good quality ones in track megapack on RD).
- Not many licenses for the content, so it`s mostly "similar to existing cars" ;)
- You can see that rFactor1 through it, yes that`s also a con if you went for a next gen sims :)

Overly I must mention that although FFB feels very good it`s some times too light for me in some cars (except for open wheelers, those feel best here), but maybe I need to tweek it further, or just get used to it.

I`ll definitely join, some online races on AMS soon, so I believe it`ll give much more out of it on those.

Edit:
And I forgot to mention track progression, that`s legendary.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back