AMS Modding - Requests

Mod idea: Fantasy car for if CART had not folded.

1,000 HP open-wheeler with two different Aero packages, for Road/Streets and SuperSpeedways.

Modern Halo or Windscreen.

General CART-esque sleekiness with a modern feel.

I've been using the RedBull X1 Mod for this for a long time. I've made about 100 skins over the years, combining real-life IndyCar with fantasy and resurrected teams.

If anyone has the know-how on 3d modeling, and has a nice fantasy open wheeler design in mind, I'm willing to co-develop just about everything else I can. At the very least, skins and talent files are right in my area of expertise.

But I don't know how much interest anyone has in modding AMS 1 now-a-days, and then this fantasy niche.

Anybody would have a skinpack for the Ultima Racecar or would be willing to do one? Fantasy skins would be perfectly fine. Maybe one could take some inspiration from AMS2.

That would bring some life to this cool car.

Last edited:
Anybody would have a skinpack for the Ultima Racecar or would be willing to do one? Fantasy skins would be perfectly fine. Maybe one could take some inspiration from AMS2.

That would bring some life to this cool car.
Is the template different in AMS 2? If it's identical you could just take those skins from 2 and use them in 1. I seem to remember when the AMS 2 was launched Renato etc were using/accepting community created skins. Of the templates I looked at they looked the same. Not sure if the Ultima skin is identical or not.

Is the template different in AMS 2? If it's identical you could just take those skins from 2 and use them in 1. I seem to remember when the AMS 2 was launched Renato etc were using/accepting community created skins. Of the templates I looked at they looked the same. Not sure if the Ultima skin is identical or not.
Thanks for your input. Could you provide a quick explanation or a link showing how to do it?

I'm clueless about any part of skin/graphical modding. Never, ever touched to this topic.

I need a private conversion of a certain car done for personal use, would be willing to pay for it. I've tried to do it myself but the only actual guidance is for rfactor and I cant even confirm it would work because I no longer have rfactor. I get that car ripping from other games is frowned upon but theres a particular reason, plus I wouldnt want it publicly released anyway. DM me for info

Follow up to above

Happy to pay a few quid for the following -- F1 quality -- historical tracks:

1952 Rouen Grand Prix
1959 Monsanto Grand Prix

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements