AC Alfa GTA @ Silverstone 1967 - Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This has got to be the most underrated car in AC. Somewhat easy to drive, but hard to drive well. I raced a HistorX league for a year and a half, but AC feels much, much more realistic on the front end.

I discovered some video recording software in the GeForce package for my GPU. It seems easy to use, and doesn't hit my performance, so I thought I'd record my race and share it with you guys. I was really surprised to see how bumpy and jittery the camera view is. In the Rift, it's as smooth as butter. But in the video, you can really see some shaking when I'm stomping on pedals. I guess the VR is real enough that it fools the brain into using the inner ear to cancel out the bumps? Pretty cool.

The first few laps are interesting, then it gets kind of boring for about 12 laps. Just hotlapping. Brandon, was that you I was fighting with? Love it.

#WorkThatWheel #GT3IsBoring

Preach on brother, it's one of my favorite cars in the game. I love how it's so loose but still easy to hang on to, I also think it's sexy as hell. Probably helps that for some reason I seem to be pretty quick in it. :D My fastest lap was only a half second off of your best lap and my consistency was the best of the group (99.17%), I was banging out high :52's lap after lap after lap. That was me in the red car fighting with you, I imagine it was boring for you once you got by but it was still intense for me because I was managing to stay within a second or two of you and if you'd made any mistake I would have been able to pounce. And then the last few laps I had to try my damndest to hold off Steve, somehow I managed to hold on to P2. :cool:

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 2.35.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 2.41.12 PM.png

Thanks for posting the video Chris, interesting. I thought you had fallen out of the car after you finished the race...:laugh:
Brandon, where did all that race info come from, the server or an App?

In your AC server folder there's a folder for Results. Upload the race file to simraceresults.net and it gives you all kinds of info. There's a little tab towards the top left that says Race, if you click on you get get a drop-down that lets you look through various stats. Here's the results from last night.

http://simresults.net/170412-G5W

Thanks Wiz, only one race file found.

This is unfortunately the way it is...... it rewrites the file after each session is complete. A typical session here at RD is practice/qualifying/race, so you have to leave the server after the race is over in order to "save" the results of that session. If you don't leave the server after the race is over and the next practice starts, the file will be overwritten and all the previous results will be lost because AC considers this the start of a new session.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
@Chris James thank you for sharing. VR or triple screens, I've got to get something other than what I have.
Great driving man. Looks like our gearboxes and braking points were very close. That's where the similarities end though. I have no idea how I out qualified you, but I understand your race finishes now. So consistent. Until the last lap where you gave me a bit of HOPE you weren't an :alien::alien::alien:, but then you collected it just like an :alien::alien::alien: :D:D:D:D.
@Brandon Wright way to hang on to the back of him the way you did. You're getting narrower and faster my man. Also, that EU race I was in was NOT a Rookie race. Went back and checked.
I had to watch the entire 35 minutes because I was hearing things from guys I didn't hear last night and was thoroughly entertained.
What a great group of Men you are to spend some time with. Thanks for everything. You make my tough world a little brighter every time.
Cheers

This is unfortunately the way it is...... it rewrites the file after each session is complete. A typical session here at RD is practice/qualifying/race, so you have to leave the server after the race is over in order to "save" the results of that session. If you don't leave the server after the race is over and the next practice starts, the file will be overwritten and all the previous results will be lost because AC considers this the start of a new session.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for the explanation Wiz.. "got it":thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back