AC Alfa GTA @ Silverstone 1967 - Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Several weeks ago but due to low sign ups the race never happened, so I figured I'd give it another shot since we seem to attract a slight crowd now. Just trying to hit some "vintage" tracks since they suit the car, but we don't have many so after this we'll be at modern tracks.
I'm such an idiot. I was thinking of the old Monza layout we ran. Homer Simpson, over and out. See 'ya tonight.

This has got to be the most underrated car in AC. Somewhat easy to drive, but hard to drive well. I raced a HistorX league for a year and a half, but AC feels much, much more realistic on the front end.

I discovered some video recording software in the GeForce package for my GPU. It seems easy to use, and doesn't hit my performance, so I thought I'd record my race and share it with you guys. I was really surprised to see how bumpy and jittery the camera view is. In the Rift, it's as smooth as silk. But in the video, you can really see some shaking when I'm stomping on pedals. I guess the VR is real enough that it fools the brain into using the inner ear to cancel out the bumps? Pretty cool.

The first few laps are interesting, then it gets kind of boring for about 12 laps. Just hotlapping. Brandon, was that you I was fighting with? Love it.

#WorkThatWheel #GT3IsBoring

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back