FIXED:
  • Smoothed large bumps on main straight
  • Sprint (Short) track map last corner
  • Sprint (Short) UI map last corner
  • Track day layout timing

CHANGED:
  • Track day layout pit exit downhill is no longer defined as pit area

Read the rest of this update entry...

Preview TV cameras added in this version to Circuit layout will receive more tweaks and will be added later to all other layouts. Yes, this will replace current TV cameras, both grandstand cameras will remain unchanged.

Very nice work. I think the detailed mesh is good although perhaps the bumps are ever so slightly over pronounced, particularly in the tight hairpin-like corners.

Also undulations seem a bit extreme compared to other tracks

Very nice work. I think the detailed mesh is good although perhaps the bumps are ever so slightly over pronounced, particularly in the tight hairpin-like corners.

Also undulations seem a bit extreme compared to other tracks
Thanks for the feedback. Road mesh is something I'd like to get better and I'll probably tweak it later on, however, because I haven't driven on the real track I don't have any reference how bumpy it actually is. Adding random bumps just somewhere totally random places and then comparing it to other tracks doesn't sound much better either but sadly only option at the moment.

I'm bringing this back to life. Here is small preview of what I'm currently working on. Alastaro Circuit's patch 2.0 graphics overhaul, multilayer texture based on satellite image. Everything obviously is work in progress.

lFfotuw.jpg

Last edited:
Jaasu updated Alastaro Circuit with a new update entry:

Graphics overhaul

Graphics overhaul

FIXED:
  • Flickering textures in camera view
  • AI no longer stops at the starting line after first lap on sprint (long) layout
  • Section names in sprint (long) layout

CHANGED:
  • TV cameras in each layout
  • Slightly moved apex poles away from track to prevent AI crashing into them
  • Main straight advertisements changed to Assetto Corsa banner
  • UI preview images

+ Other fixes and changes here and there

Read the rest of this update entry...

The idea of using the satellite images is cool, but currently it is quite distracting, i dont normally care about the grass textures or anything but currently these seem too low detail to not be distracting, perhaps when the 3d grass is over the top of them they will look better though :)

noticed some trees suddenly got quite saturated/luminous where they looked quite natural in old version
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_alastaro_17-6-117-8-35-19.jpg

the cones on the start/finish straight can launch you up into the air, any reason not to just make them non collidable? similar for the apex markers, whilst you moved them in, seems like you might still go off and have your race ended by them unnecessarily

other than that seems good :)

The idea of using the satellite images is cool, but currently it is quite distracting, i dont normally care about the grass textures or anything but currently these seem too low detail to not be distracting, perhaps when the 3d grass is over the top of them they will look better though :)

Thanks for the feedback :) first I'd like to point out that the current textures are multilayer texture based on satellite images. If you actually take closer look to sandy areas there is sand and not pixelated satellite image. Main reason why 3d grass isn't there at the moment is because we don't have anymore that perfect golf course lawn so I have to work more with the grass and ground to get it work. Most likely I'll add 3d grass later on with tweaks to the current textures.

noticed some trees suddenly got quite saturated/luminous where they looked quite natural in old version

It seems like all I get for the trees is that they're either too dark or too bright

the cones on the start/finish straight can launch you up into the air, any reason not to just make them non collidable? similar for the apex markers, whilst you moved them in, seems like you might still go off and have your race ended by them unnecessarily

I think you're just trying to get good time by going extra wide in last corner :whistling:

Lastly small comparison what the textures are and probably could be: Alastaro_texture_t.jpg

sounds good, hope it works out :)

regarding too dark/too bright comments, dont know if you are aware of how autoexposure can cause problems when it comes to track making? i made a post a while ago here that might be useful if not: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ational-raceway-0-6.29853/page-17#post-667969

about the collidables, not really about gaining time, just tooling around, didnt think many people set such objects to be collidable is all

Here's the replay of my issues. It's near the turn 6 of the full circuit. This the AI car that flipped and then landed in the hole I drove into during a practice session.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back