AI : Almost managed to do it !

You go into steam/steamapps/common/assetto corsa/system/data/se (stands for special event). There you delete all events (it wont delete them from ur game dont worry). This prevents conflicts between the special event.ini and these files we can't edit.

Then, to modify a .ini, u go to assetto corsa mainfolder/content/specialevents/ ==> Here u got the special events.

U can edit the event.ini and fiddle with settings by trial and error until you get it right.

For now I've been only able to spawn an AI that was Drag racing (Straight into the first corner of Magione ^^= but maybe you guys can do better.

Few more hints :

in [RACE] you can change the track

[SESSION 0] has also very different outcomes.

To be on the grid and not spawn the car in the air, I managed to find that SPAWN_SET has to be equal to START.

==>
SPAWN_SET=START (and not PIT like in drag mode because drag maps seem to use pits as spawns)

Hope u guys will crack it and share the information, unlike the two/three morons that are teasing us with videos since yesterday... (gosh I hate this..)

People will know that this doesn't represent the final product and if a developer leaves his files open for everyone to edit he can be sure that somewhere someone will do it...I for one applaud that kind of access to core game files. Who knows what kind of mods turn up because of this

You are giving people far too much credit when you say they will know this doesn't represent the final product. I know of a group of very committed fanboys videogame enthusiasts that will be more than happy to use footage of AI acting wonky to turn people that may be on the fence against AC.

People will know that this doesn't represent the final product and if a developer leaves his files open for everyone to edit he can be sure that somewhere someone will do it...I for one applaud that kind of access to core game files. Who knows what kind of mods turn up because of this

Really? I have read very often postings of people who wonder, that some features are greyed out and stuff like that. So there are definitely people out there who will mistake the unfinished AI (in the videos) as released AI. And that is unfair for Kunos. They put so much work in this Sim and share so much with us, that this behaviour is nothing but unfair!

Well luckily you, me and the rest of the simracing community know what AC is really about so i'm not too worried. And besides Kunos themself recently released a vid with ai and clearly it wasn't ready yet...

Last edited:
If people want AI let them enjoy it in it's unfinished state let them. If people post videos of their sessions with the AI so what. No one is under obligation be it moral or legal to refrain from such modding.

If you feel bad about people posting videos with crappy AI, you may make one yourselves, but with decent AI - grab the Formula Abarth car, pick one AI car (with more cars it goes bananas) and have a race along the Magione track. I'd make one myself, but the AI car is too bloody fast for me :).

With the Formula Abath and certain tracks (Imola doesn't work, for example) and one AI car it seems to work.

BTW: to get rid of the drivers' names above the cars go to ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg, open the name_displayer file and set IS_ACTIVE to 0.

Well it doesn't look like the devs have any problem with it. Just as was discussed here, they want you to understand that it does not represent the final product... Here is a message from one of the devs on the steam forums:

---------------------------------------------
"Aristotelis [developer]7 hours ago

Hello guys, nice mod for giving a try with the AI, but just to make sure, I need to explain a couple of things.

There is a reason the full AI is not out yet, as it needs optimisation and more work to be properly enjoyable. So yes you might be able to mod some files and enable the AI on track, but always keep in mind that more files are missing to make the AI proper and you might get totally unpredictable results or simply a not very satisfactory AI behaviour.

Have fun, but keep this in mind :)"
---------------------------------------------
Full URL: http://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/648814841966545465/

He basically says just not to mess with original car and track encryption... because of legal reasons.

So if you want to fool with it, go for it.... It you would rather wait until it's ready, don't fool with it. Easy enough. :)

Learn to read; no one is discouraging to mod, but discouraging to put video's on youtube of badly moddednAI that does not reflect the final version and might give potential buyers a completely wrong impression of Assetto Corsa.

@saxoross Not sure if you remember but a few days before the tech preview was released the first video that surfaced was on minimum graphic settings with horrible driving and it left an extremely bad first impression of a game many of us had been waiting a year or more for at that point. The video came out a few days before the NDA's were lifted and it was bad enough Kunos practically begged the other people that had early access to the TP to go ahead and put their videos out.

As far as the get over it comment, please leave that attitude at 4chan and show a little respect at Race Department.

Basicly all the vids that emerged put it in the title or discription that it was a mod and does not reflect the final quality of the Ai.

A lot of us were curious to see how the engine handles more cars on the track. FPS seem stable btw.. Trying to follow the 599XX EVO Ai car on Monza was a very nice experience for me aswell.
Yes, the Ai is rough and you cant overtake it, (Do so and the Ai goes bonkers) but driving behind it and and watching the suspension and Physics do its thing was very cool indeed .. Replays look and sound amazing!

I for one aplaud Kunos for having such an open game structure and allowing us to have fun with the software. To show certain things off allready ..

There will allways be crappy videos but there are some decent ones out there aswell.

How does this hurt the game?
The more Hype the better if you ask me. AC needs all the attention it can get

Last edited:
umm FPS is not that stable. With a full grid of 20 cars at Magione in the pits (so all in line) I went from 120 FPS to 50! that is expected but maybe we can tweak to render less polygons on the other cars I dont know. Maybe Kunos still has some tweaks in its sleaves ^^

Oh and enough with fanboyism, we know its WIP and most of the people who wanted to buy the game bought it already, remember sim racers are not such a big part of gamers..

And please, stop saying "KUNOS WOULDNT LIKE THIS BLAHBLAH", I love Kunos as well for giving us this but if we can tweak and test new things, its our right. Those who want to stick with the experience they provide, just do.

Anyway, I'm glad Aristotelis doesn't mind ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back