AI : Almost managed to do it !

You go into steam/steamapps/common/assetto corsa/system/data/se (stands for special event). There you delete all events (it wont delete them from ur game dont worry). This prevents conflicts between the special event.ini and these files we can't edit.

Then, to modify a .ini, u go to assetto corsa mainfolder/content/specialevents/ ==> Here u got the special events.

U can edit the event.ini and fiddle with settings by trial and error until you get it right.

For now I've been only able to spawn an AI that was Drag racing (Straight into the first corner of Magione ^^= but maybe you guys can do better.

Few more hints :

in [RACE] you can change the track

[SESSION 0] has also very different outcomes.

To be on the grid and not spawn the car in the air, I managed to find that SPAWN_SET has to be equal to START.

==>
SPAWN_SET=START (and not PIT like in drag mode because drag maps seem to use pits as spawns)

Hope u guys will crack it and share the information, unlike the two/three morons that are teasing us with videos since yesterday... (gosh I hate this..)

I tried turning on the quick race by editing the file but it seriously messed up my install. I lost all my hotlap data, controller settings and replays I'd saved.
Strange, no such problems with my install... Anyway u can always try to verify the integrity of your game by right clicking assetto corsa in your steam library, properties, verify integrity of game cache.

This works when your game is FUBAR

Something I found by digging, that was strange to me, is that there was already a video released 16 months ago, showing the AI, and quite a few cars, not just 2, doing laps at Monza, and they were going steady.

Now, my question is: did they change a strategy regarding the AI, to totally redo it? Because in this video, from August 2012, it looked pretty OK to me, and maybe one of the things that may have been the readiest for early release:

Do you guys know what could have gone wrong from then?

AI is much more complex than just "looking pretty ok" on a video. Time consuming development when doing it right.

Indeed. But it should really have been runable by now, instead of the recent vids posted by the devs, which show the AI being way off again.

Which begs the question I'm asking: did they change the strategy for the AI? It's a valid question to ask.

I don't think they changed any strategy: They planned to have AI from the very beginning and they still have plans for AI.
Name one game with really good AI..I hardly ever play against AI ever since I was able to play multiplayer so it has been a while since I even ran against any.

I know that by some of Stefano's tweets that the AI is giving him fits over the last two years...I've seen him complain about them being too slow in fast corners and being generally unpredictable. I would imagine that out of all the things he has coded in AC the AI is the most difficult by a mile.

Something I found by digging, that was strange to me, is that there was already a video released 16 months ago, showing the AI, and quite a few cars, not just 2, doing laps at Monza, and they were going steady.

Indeed. But it should really have been runable by now, instead of the recent vids posted by the devs, which show the AI being way off again.

Which begs the question I'm asking: did they change the strategy for the AI? It's a valid question to ask.

I actually raced the AI at gamescon last year... And to be honest they looked nice but nothing close to being in a release version... They also knew that very well when I talked to them (pre-alpha ;)) When the AI races itself it looks ok but as soon as the unpredictable player comes in it gets interesting :D

What recent videos do you mean, there is only one from Stefano driving the Abarth which looks good... The ones posted from the community do not since it is just hacked in with lots of stuff missing, it is obviously not the lastest version the devs are running...

I forgot Formula Truck had AI :redface: I guess because for years I played games against crappy AI and always wanted to play against other people instead that once that became a possibility I never looked back...I've played against AI a little in P&G and it wasn't any better than back in the day. Hopefully AC AI will be enjoyable for those that want it

watched the video from above.. no break lights! im quitting this stupid game!! Is what the noobs and naysayers will spout up with lol! Looking forward to the real AI coming to play with us!

I could go in and change the files but I think ill wait for now.

Ai and MP will be much better when its ready. Also im playing rust just now so AC is not my game of choice just now.

watched the video from above.. no break lights! im quitting this stupid game!! Is what the noobs and naysayers will spout up with lol! Looking forward to the real AI coming to play with us!

I could go in and change the files but I think ill wait for now.

Ai and MP will be much better when its ready. Also im playing rust just now so AC is not my game of choice just now.
Barry, which clip?

I saw the P4/5 brake lights coming on at Ascari and also at the Parabolica.

If you meant the Formula Abarth - they don't have brake lights.

:)

Afaik they had an AI ready, but then decided that it wasn't good enough, canned it and made a new one from scratch. The recent concept is using the same physics as the player which is, characteristically for KS, very ambitious. If they can pull this off and create a competitive AI they are the Masters of the Universe in my book.

I hope their AI-Model is easy to edit.

Cheers B, missed that earlier in the thread.

I wonder if there are no brake lights due to it being 'un-released' AI and functionality which the community are enabling through tweaking directory files, so it doesn't have all the functionality included?

;)

Just wonder has anyone who has raced against the AI car experienced any fps drops at all, even little ones. One poster has said it was "stable" but that doesn't tell if there was a drop from no cars on track.

I'm switching broadband providers in the next few days so don't want to screw up my installation if something goes wrong I may be AC-less for a while as Irish broadband transfers usually mean a screwup.

I'm running triples on a 6970m 1gb and only just managing 50-60fps so wondering how the AI cars may effect me. Cheers.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%