ACTV

Apps ACTV 2.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Awesome app. However I want to ask @prunn some stuff that could it be done:

How can I use this on broadcasting for 2 different types?
Type 1: When I'm driving
Type 2: When I'm broadcasting

When I'm driving, the app does its job brilliantly. I mean the transitions, color, themes... Loved it!

But in broadcasting aspect, could it be added these features?
  1. Removing or Ignoring the broadcaster's data on everything (Standings, Camera Cahnges etc.)
  2. A different config tab for broadcasting which includes features like:
  • Looks certain drivers randomly (except the broadcaster)
  • Changes camera angles by itself (regular stuff)
  • Focuses on a certain battles & corners;
- Battles with <1 sec. gap​
- Flags​
- Driver with fastest s1 & s2 in same lap (for show fastest lap chance)​
- DRS Zones​
  • Shows pit-stop times (on tower or driver info)
  • On specific occasions a box that shows RPM, Pedal etc. mini app (accordingly with the selected theme)

I'm asking maybe too much for an app such a good one like this but maybe that could be done by sorting them in the code.

Last edited:
Is there a way to decrease the frequency of updates for the tower app? I think that's why the performance hit is really high for me.
the tower is updating itself every 0.5 seconds, as it has been for the last 4 years...
the project is open source, you can try it if you like, but I doubt you'll get much performance gain

Trying to get the tower app to work, but having no luck so far. The app doesn't show anything and actually disappears completely unless I mouse over it. Is there something I need to enable in some other option to get the tower to show race positions like I see in your images? Thanks...

EDIT: Nevermind. Think I got it. Wonderful app by the way.

Last edited:
Hello there, awesome work. I am just having one question. I would like to know how to correctly configure the car_class.ini via steamid with more than 2 drivers with the same car. I have tried many things, but to no avail. Thanks in advance!

By recording datas while in race, etc. could you make this work in replays as well? It would be dope, especially quick swaping between drivers through tower.

Hi, I've recently installed ACTV because i have to broadcast a championship. The problem is that i would like to hide the categories' information if it's possible, because we have the main car raced by the partecipants and the "safety car" that is a Ferrari 488. Whenever i go with the cursor on the tower it activates the names of the categories. So is there any way to hide that? Thanks a lot
screen1.png

Is there an option to make "ACTV Timer" app not change the color to yellow upon a yellow flag?
I'm using Arcade theme and transpartent yellow looks ugly

Hi, I've recently installed ACTV because i have to broadcast a championship. The problem is that i would like to hide the categories' information if it's possible, because we have the main car raced by the partecipants and the "safety car" that is a Ferrari 488. Whenever i go with the cursor on the tower it activates the names of the categories. So is there any way to hide that? Thanks a lot View attachment 469892
One way to work around it, is to change the ui_car of the "safety car". Change the #Super to the same category of the other cars

Another one of those Apps that simply wont show up in game for me, along with race essentials and pdash amongst others. Other apps like Sidekick and ptracker do work. I see prunn in content manager and in the native launcher apps list and I enabled in both but not showing up. Does anyone have a fix for this ?

Nevermind I worked it out, I had to manually extract the files and place them into the ac folder. Content manager doesn't seem to do a thorough enough job of this.

Last edited:
I am unclear on how to classify cars. There is a template file, but it seems to work on steamid? How can I classify cars for an AI race or without using steamid?

you can't do driver class for AI races, use car classes to separate the cars as you'd like
I am very confused about this. It seems like ACTV is just using the first tag on a car and using that as a class?
Also the car_classes.template.ini is just a template or the actual file we need to edit to define classes?

I am very confused about this. It seems like ACTV is just using the first tag on a car and using that as a class?
Also the car_classes.template.ini is just a template or the actual file we need to edit to define classes?
remove the .template, thats the actual file, otherwise any update would overwrite your files, so its a template
by default yes it takes the main tag from the cars, ac puts almost every cars in a class "race" which is useless

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.