ACTA, SOPA and PIPA Thread

Yes SOPA, huh whats SOPA? USA Act, but that wont effect me?? YES it will dont matter whrere you live.

ok heres two youtube vids for simplicity for all to get the grasp. Get to your mp's and get the message out that we wont allow this.

Modders? want to mod? etc the list goes on folk.

I've been hearing about this for a while now, and I'm shocked that they haven't canceled the bill.

Clearly the American government and their corporate politics should get their hands off the Internet.

There was a similar anti-campaign for an upcoming Government handed so called "cencorship" in Turkey. Against huge protest and lots of anti-campaign on the net, the law past. What happened? Nothing! I still use the same internet :)

I don't know so much about SOPA, but it might be little exxagarated by the anti-campaigners...

Today, the internet has limitless possibilities and there must be some kind of a control imo.

There must be more education in how to use the internet safely, giving criminals not a chance that way. All efforts by goverments wanting to control internet are just because of their mindstate not thrusting their citizens at all, that's the wrong way.

They want to control citizenship to get more money out of it because the financial system is obligating them to do so. Only a change in the financial system would make the way free for a free world!

This is great in theory, mobilize the people etc... But politics does not work like that in the US. The population has very little say in what the elected officials do (or in electing them half the time, but that is a different story). If you want to get something done, you find a big corporation to sponsor you and then hire lobbyists. A recent study showed that corporations gain a 200:1 benefit in one-time tax breaks for every dollar they spend in DC.

Dammit, I said I would not get into politics here! Ignore that post :mad:

I dont exactly disagree, The internet is dangerous to any government why? cause of the truth about their affairs and CONTROL, a word i hate nor will ever agree that anyone needs such a thing, yes im an practising anarchist! oh dont be scared im a peaceful man :)

NO need for control without a government or money. i want neither.

Internet 2 is maybe the aim in the long run, although either way the main goal is censorship and control of what you see when you see it, SOPA isnt something to take kindly about imo, the plan for globalisation is being ramped up in 2012 and this is part of it, I agree gov does what it likes and nor do you vote your so called leaders in tbh. But WE are the masses and our voice can be heard, i have sent letters to my local mp and making people aware of this.

Have no doubts that this will effect everyone who uses the internet, bye bye modding or anything of a kind in the future.

They want and will have a corporate world and no little business, one where only the elite previal and enslaving the very people who hold the real power.

We should change our planet name to Prison Planet.
Soon we will walk around like sheep doing work for the government until we are done and that´s when they forget about us and we sit there collecting 59.95 every month for 65 years of labor for the government.... oh wait we are already there, my bad.

We should change our planet name to Prison Planet.
Soon we will walk around like sheep doing work for the government until we are done and that´s when they forget about us and we sit there collecting 59.95 every month for 65 years of labor for the government.... oh wait we are already there, my bad.

I dont do AJ, geez i have brains :)

**** just got real...

First a US unmanned plane crashes on Iranian soil. USA wants it back... sure says Iran....NOT.
And now i read in the newspaper about an ex-US soldier that wanted to infiltrate the Iranian military intelligence by claiming he had information about the US military.
Anyway, he got caught at the american embassy in Afghanistan and is now sentenced to death.
USA claims he´s lying but they still demand him to be released. How ironic.

They just keep getting in other countries face all the time, soon something is gonna blow.
Same with US vs China. Why on earth would US place even more soldiers around the pacific?
According to them it´s to keep China on it´s toes sort of. In my opinion that is like asking for a fight.

And if a war would break out with China i think China would walk right over USA.
USA has problems even going to war with developing countries so i can´t possibly see how they are going to win a war against a nation that is more powerful then themselves.

Seems like the internet blackout and outcry from the public did some good :)

Source: BBC News

The US Congress has halted debate on two contested anti-online piracy bills.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid delayed a vote on the Protect IP Act (Pipa) scheduled for Tuesday.
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith then said his panel would not considerthe Stop Online Piracy Act (Sopa) until a compromise was reached.
The decisions follow protests by online encyclopaedia Wikipedia, and thousands of other websites, which went "dark" in protest for 24 hours earlier this week.
"In light of recent events, I have decided to postpone Tuesday's vote on the PROTECT IP Act," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat,said in a statement on Friday.
Mr Smith, a Texas Republican in the House of Representatives, said in a statement: "I have heard from the critics and I take seriously their concerns regarding proposed legislation to address the problem of online piracy.
"It is clear that we need to revisit the approach on how best to address the problem of foreign thieves that steal and sell American inventions and products."
'Censoring the web'
Of about 40 co-sponsors for the Pipa bill, a handful withdrew their support on Wednesday, as thousands of websites participated in a co-ordinated online protest.
Floods of emails and phone calls to congressmen followed the online protests, prompting some lawmakers to withdraw their support for the measures.
More than seven million people signed a petition on Google saying that passage of the legislation would result in censoring the web and impose a regulatory burden on businesses.
Both bills focus on responding to online piracy, specifically illegal copies of films and other media.
The bills would also outlaw sites from containing information about how to access blocked sites.
The Motion Picture Association of America, a key supporter of the legislation, has campaigned strongly against the violation of copyright laws.
But on Thursday evening their website was targeted by a hacking group known as Anonymous.
Celebrity backing
Anonymous also claimed credit for blocking access to the US Department of Justice and FBI websites, by launching a so-called "denial-of-service" attach that bombards their websites with traffic.
The move was being seen as a retaliation after the Department of Justice shut down a major file-sharing website, Megaupload.
The firm's co-founders have been charged with violating existing anti-piracy laws.
Four Megaupload employees were arrested in Auckland, New Zealand, at the request of US authorities.
Police seized cash, valuable cars and a short-barrelled shotgun from the residence of the website's German founder, Kim Dotcom, formerly known as Kim Schmitz.
Their Hong Kong-based site had around 150 million users and 50 million daily hits.
It has received celebrity endorsements from artists such as Alicia Keys and Kanye West, making it one of the internet's most high profile file-sharing platforms.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back