Accuforce steering wheel

simxperience just come to display their prices !

-- AccuForce Pro MOMO Edition - $1949

--AccuForce Pro - $1749

--AccuForce DIY - A DIY Kit of Motor, Controller and Cables. - $1449

not cheap, but he kept his promise. below 2k. I'm looking forward to the tests now ....

I have the 1.5 too, mine has never got hot... run it at 100% in most games, FF@80% and For@100to150% on the wheel.It has never faded after 6 hour sessions with multiple drivers in the seat (not at once)

I am tempted by the accuforce, but will leave it for a year before making the decision... I'm sure competition in that space will ramp up and maybe even become the norm for pro-sumer sim-racing.
Same here. I really like the look of it and 'Inside Sim Racing' said it was the best wheel they ever felt, especially at really high force feedback levels like you need for a high downforce no-steering assist racing car. It's too much at that price anyone on a normal salary or job will not be able to afford over $2000 on a wheel, stand and pedals. :o
Maybe servo wheels will become more popular, and then a lot cheaper, if they're that much better than regular motors with a position sensor. I hope so.

Upvote 0
The clubsport wheel is a servo wheel too. The accuforce is direct drive. I already have fanatec csw v2 preordered but I am thinking about getting accuforce instead... I may give Fanatec another chance if they can ship it to me before accuforce offers me a chance to order

Upvote 0
Technically, all FFB wheels use servo motors. Any motor connected to a controller that dictates rotation parameters is a servo. Direct-drive is devoid of gear and/or pulley systems. None the less, quality motors suited to serve as direct-drive motors are expensive. I don't imagine that a small volume of FFB-Sim-racing purposed motors will cause a significant drop in market prices, certainly not like that which commonly occurs in electronics. A better comparison would be to a specialty market such as Large Format printers where a basic replacement motherboard can cost over $4000.

Unless one has the knowledge and skills to DIY, a Direct-drive wheel for under a $1000 or so seems to be a complete fantasy. Even the CSWv2 with a nice rim is going to be in that ballpark. Once we have some more reviews with real-world experience (not just technical data), that can explain why DD is better - then we'll have something to judge by. The only user review I've read about using the AccuForce (ISR video aside) is that it's the closest thing to a real car they ever tried.

Of course, we can draw some general reference from the Bodnar wheel too but, price is then even more of a factor. Bringing a more-affordable DD wheel to the Sim-Racing market is a huge undertaking at significant risk. If it was easy, there would already be more options for users. The most interesting comparisons (IMO) will be between the CSWv2 vs AccuForce vs Bodnar but, only the first two are really significant in my case.

Upvote 0
Technically, all FFB wheels use servo motors. Any motor connected to a controller that dictates rotation parameters is a servo. Direct-drive is devoid of gear and/or pulley systems. None the less, quality motors suited to serve as direct-drive motors are expensive. I don't imagine that a small volume of FFB-Sim-racing purposed motors will cause a significant drop in market prices, certainly not like that which commonly occurs in electronics. A better comparison would be to a specialty market such as Large Format printers where a basic replacement motherboard can cost over $4000.

Unless one has the knowledge and skills to DIY, a Direct-drive wheel for under a $1000 or so seems to be a complete fantasy. Even the CSWv2 with a nice rim is going to be in that ballpark. Once we have some more reviews with real-world experience (not just technical data), that can explain why DD is better - then we'll have something to judge by. The only user review I've read about using the AccuForce (ISR video aside) is that it's the closest thing to a real car they ever tried.

Of course, we can draw some general reference from the Bodnar wheel too but, price is then even more of a factor. Bringing a more-affordable DD wheel to the Sim-Racing market is a huge undertaking at significant risk. If it was easy, there would already be more options for users. The most interesting comparisons (IMO) will be between the CSWv2 vs AccuForce vs Bodnar but, only the first two are really significant in my case.
Well said :)

I think that Direct Drive systems are going to stay around the price of the Accuforce just because the reason why we use Belt Drives and Gear Drives in most wheels is because it allows us to use a smaller motor. Like Dean said, When you compare the motor you find in a CSW or T500 to the Accuforce, the increase in torque and size means we get an increase in price. But I feel that the Accuforce has a market segment and the other wheels will keep their market segments as well because not everyone can afford a $1000 wheel and at the same time most people don't need to spend that much. But let's wait for the reviews to flood in and see what's what.

Upvote 0
Price including shipping to uk is £1,322.42 GBP then an extra £264.48 in vat when it lands in the uk.

Upvote 0
I agree about the price of direct drive wheels not coming down for a long time, perhaps I may never buy one. :( The main flaws with current wheels is the friction, inertia and response.

Belts reduce friction and backlash, motors with angled brushes also reduce cogging, and brushless motors reduce overheating. None of these features solve the problems with the motor, as it costs too much money.

In real cars the cheaper cars typically use cheaper column mounted EPAS, that uses a smaller motor and gears. More expensive cars typically use costlier rack mounted EPAS, with a larger direct drive motor. With similar steering weight, guess which type nearly always has better feel. :(

Rack mounted direct drive EPAS, and direct drive FFB, gives feel that's more like electro-hydraulic or hydraulic steering, but it costs £££ more.
Of course there are other problems with games, like rendering lag, input lag, and display lag.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back