Accuforce steering wheel

simxperience just come to display their prices !

-- AccuForce Pro MOMO Edition - $1949

--AccuForce Pro - $1749

--AccuForce DIY - A DIY Kit of Motor, Controller and Cables. - $1449

not cheap, but he kept his promise. below 2k. I'm looking forward to the tests now ....

I have a revised csw v1 (sort of a 1.5) set on 40 % steering force
and a css 1.5
they're doing outstanding but I only just got back behind the simwheel so
can't say that much about durability yet
I have the 1.5 too, mine has never got hot... run it at 100% in most games, FF@80% and For@100to150% on the wheel.It has never faded after 6 hour sessions with multiple drivers in the seat (not at once)

I am tempted by the accuforce, but will leave it for a year before making the decision... I'm sure competition in that space will ramp up and maybe even become the norm for pro-sumer sim-racing.

Upvote 0
I tried a d-box solution prior to this, and it gave me whiplash... this is 1/10th of the cost and it doesn't.

The 2 videos I have on my website are on the weakest setting with the least active profiles possible as I have a knackered spine so don't be fooled by looks... if I set it to strong and pumped it to the hardest setting it would snap me in 2 in a matter of milliseconds... or are you going by the tech specs from the Geko site.. or the video (not of the Geko seat) on the last page?

It is super quick and very immersive, but then again I can drop a frame on the screen (16.666ms approx.) and not notice, so am happy with it's reaction being 50 times faster than mine... maybe you need something quicker and are welcome to pay the premium...

Bang for buck though, you'd be hard pressed to beat it :) Prove me wrong if you like... I'm not a fan boy, but for the features and immersion I'd recommend it :)

Not sure I follow on Traction loss... it has lateral forces so can easily feel traction loss if the game/sim outputs it.

GS-105 Tech Specs:
Degrees of freedom: 2(ability to simulate all forces in the horizontal plane) + vertical forces partially simulated through horizontal forces.
Actuators: 2 custom actuators built for this application.
Force resolution: 600 force levels possible on each degree of freedom. 250 forces updates per second.
Max force : 18Kg/40Lbs
Max speed per actuator: 50cm/s 20"/s
Bandwith: 50Hz
Mechanism: Full metal mechanism and gears, excepted two parts in acetal for noise reduction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After looking at the video on the homepage, Speed is Much Better, most of the video's on youtube are rather poor examples to be honest, Also traction loss is a hard one to show which none of the Youtube's did either. Also Again with anything motion/Tactile related Profiles are KING and the experience can look/feel like poop if thing's aren't set up properly.

here's what a Used Fanatec V1 motor looks like, Trust me Paul, Its getting warm. lol

BuhlerBuchiUsedComparo.jpg~original

Upvote 0
After looking at the video on the homepage, Speed is Much Better, most of the video's on youtube are rather poor examples to be honest, Also traction loss is a hard one to show which none of the Youtube's did either. Also Again with anything motion/Tactile related Profiles are KING and the experience can look/feel like poop if thing's aren't set up properly.

here's what a Used Fanatec V1 motor looks like, Trust me Paul, Its getting warm. lol

BuhlerBuchiUsedComparo.jpg~original
I know that thread very intimately lol!

Upvote 0
Oh my... That's some intense heat-marking there... Since the Accuforce will probably only have to run at a fraction of it's maximum output, it'll hopefully take a while for any damage to rear it's ugly head.

Upvote 0
I tried a d-box solution prior to this, and it gave me whiplash... this is 1/10th of the cost and it doesn't.

The 2 videos I have on my website are on the weakest setting with the least active profiles possible as I have a knackered spine so don't be fooled by looks... if I set it to strong and pumped it to the hardest setting it would snap me in 2 in a matter of milliseconds... or are you going by the tech specs from the Geko site.. or the video (not of the Geko seat) on the last page?

It is super quick and very immersive, but then again I can drop a frame on the screen (16.666ms approx.) and not notice, so am happy with it's reaction being 50 times faster than mine... maybe you need something quicker and are welcome to pay the premium...

Bang for buck though, you'd be hard pressed to beat it :) Prove me wrong if you like... I'm not a fan boy, but for the features and immersion I'd recommend it :)

Not sure I follow on Traction loss... it has lateral forces so can easily feel traction loss if the game/sim outputs it.

GS-105 Tech Specs:
Degrees of freedom: 2(ability to simulate all forces in the horizontal plane) + vertical forces partially simulated through horizontal forces.
Actuators: 2 custom actuators built for this application.
Force resolution: 600 force levels possible on each degree of freedom. 250 forces updates per second.
Max force : 18Kg/40Lbs
Max speed per actuator: 50cm/s 20"/s
Bandwith: 50Hz
Mechanism: Full metal mechanism and gears, excepted two parts in acetal for noise reduction.

fully agree here with paul
nice seat, nice service
still expensive but cheap compared to other alternatives
nice concept as well
I'm still getting used to it but I already ask myself
if it would feel weird to race in a static seat again

Upvote 0
I am looking forward to the first reviews and the EU pricing. I am very happy with my V2 it would probably rip my desk apart on a long full power run. The power is not the most important thing though. The V2 has more than enough on small/light rims and just enough on big/heavy rims. The details and feel of the FFB is much more important. You can have a 40NM wheel that feels crap. If the step from the CSW V2 to the Accuforce is like from the V1 to the V2, it will be a hell of a wheel as the increase in details, feel and depths between the V1 an V2 is really big.

Upvote 0
I run my CSW-V1 with very conservative force settings to avoid the heat issue but, it remains a concern none the less. I was in the process of placing an order for the V2 until I learned of the extended shipment schedule and decided to wait for the AccuForce to be fully revealed.

Upvote 0
I like that the seat is not a crazy 'millionaires only' price. I think a rotating version of that seat would make virtual driving feel far more natural, so do you think they will add that later? Surely it wouldn't cost a lot more?
I know you'd need the sim to output the data, but I really missed the rotation when using a wheel. If I could feel the rotation and suspension movement of the virtual car, I'd feel far more connected to it and want to drive it more. I also think it wouldn't feel so weird, like driving an RC car with car like controls!

Upvote 0
simxperience just come to display their prices !

-- AccuForce Pro MOMO Edition - $1949

--AccuForce Pro - $1749

--AccuForce DIY - A DIY Kit of Motor, Controller and Cables. - $1449

not cheap, but he kept his promise. below 2k. I'm looking forward to the tests now ....
Pricing wise, while ignoring shipping, does seem to trump Leo Bodnar's Sim Steering System. Hopefully look forward to seeing how well this system does, i'm also hoping that this prompts more companies to take up Direct Drive Steering System over the conventional Belt Drive Steering Systems that a lot of wheels are using.

Upvote 0
Bit of a discount if you've already got some SimXperience stuff:-

As a special thanks to existing SimXperience customers we're offering an $89 loyalty discount to owners of SimXperience SimVibe, Stage Series Motion Simulators and GS-4 G-Seat products. This discount will be automatically applied by our shopping cart if our records show you to own a qualifying product. This makes final pricing as follows:

AccuForce Pro MOMO Edition: $1860
AccuForce Pro - $1660
AccuForce DIY - $1360

Upvote 0
I'm also very interested in that whole Accuforce situation.
Needed a new wheel half a year ago and set myself a limit of 1000 Euro.
Ended up buying a G27 and modding it. I just can't live with that slower response and build-in resistance of the "high end" belt-drive offerings. Tested a T500RS and had trouble feeling understeer with it and after reading that the CSW has even more drag it was out of the question for me.
According to reviews the V2 has even less resistance than a G27, which would make it an option now. But after all those horror stories i don't think i'll ever go Fanatec.
The only two guys i know that have CSWs, both had several failures on their wheels & pedals, one of them had two broken sensors on his pedals and had to return the base two times already too.
All this in one year while my G25 lasted 6 or 7 years, it would be still going strong if i had bothered to replace the optical encoder.
And everytime Saleem posts i feel like there's a 10% chance he's reporting another failure on his expensive equipment ;).

Now that the Accuforce is starting to shape up, i'm more happy then ever with my decision to wait & stick it out with another Logitech wheel. With modded interiors and a lightweight MOMO to top it off it's good enough to wait another 1 or 2 years until the Accuforce has been extensively tested, maybe even improved.
And i think the response and expected durability is worth raising my wheel budget a bit.

Upvote 0
Have a look at my homepage (in my profile)
Not to get too offtopic but your profile seems to be set private. I did find your site on Google though. The Geko GS-105 really interests me cause it's going at faking the forces a completely different way from other motion seats I've seen. What kind of camera settings do you end up using in the game? Any of the 'real head motion' type options?

Upvote 0
Sorry for all the OT guys, I am really interested in the Accuforce, and can't wait for somebody to compare it to the T500RS and the CSWvx.

Profile sorted Nick, thanks. I turn off all head movements and make the world move outside the car within most games/sims. The GS-105 moves my real head in time with the world movement which makes it look very real indeed... the videos with my GoPro on my head show this quite well I think. Every little bump is transmitted through the seat, even vertical is mimicked to a small degree, but with a BK Gamer 2 under the seat and SimVibe on, it completes the package for me without throwing me around the room.

Upvote 0
Everybody is assuming that because it doesn't have gears it is the holy grail of durability. Without a gear ratio you have to have a stronger motor, hence more amps and more heat and stronger power supply. I assume they have addressed all the issues with this but there is no way of knowing yet. Time will tell.

A real car has gears in the steering, they last usually longer than the car and hardly anybody complains from "notchiness". So having gears is not a problem, having crappy plastic gears is.

For 2000$ it should be possible to solve the undurable gear problem without needing an industrial motor. I know it is so expensive because it is pretty much artisan work, but its crazy expensive nonetheless.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years