ACC Release Tomorrow... Who's Excited Then?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Launch Tomorrow.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione finally hits version one release tomorrow after a long and often exciting early access programme - who's excited?

Yes, finally that day is almost upon us when Kunos Simulazioni push the big green button and deploy the full 'V1' build of Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam. Featuring the cars, teams and drivers of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series in all their glory, sim racers have been waiting with baited breath for this day to arrive - and its nearly here!

With a few new tracks in the form of Spa, Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Barcelona joining the title, and a wave of new cars too numerous to mention, what combination will you be taking out onto the circuit first?

ACC Launch tomorrow 2.jpg

Share your excitement about release day with the community in the comments section below!

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

VR is definitely worst, slideshow on some parts of spa and very blurry. So you cant triple screen or VR probably, what the hell! Maybe they should buy shader patch and sol and port back over lol.

Not even going to try unless proper triple screen support is there. I bought it day one, believing that Kunos had made the ultimate sim, but the poor engine choice seemingly has f..cked that up...
I have put (apparently) 9 hrs...probably not only driving time was taking into account, because I feel nausea coming up after 10-15 minutes at most, which is mostly the same (for me) time I can use VR.
And Kunos does not seem to care, because triples - to them - is mostly a niche thing.

Not gonna try to downplay your issues as everybody's experience is different, but I use trips in ACC have not had many issues. Yes, it does stretch the view in the side screens but not so much that I have had issues that have affected my overall experience. The biggest thing I notice is that I will look into a turn and the leading car will appear closer, thus lead me to think I have made up some time, only to find out I was wrong...

It really is too bad that there seem to be so many issues with so many potential customers as this sim is a good one, IMO.

Guys,

The option to help with triple screen is locked here for me, I cant change. Any Idea??

From Offical FAQ.
Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione offer triple monitor support?

A: Assetto Corsa Competizione runs on triple screen setups as a single render scene, that is split over three displays. The game features a special projection correction that reduces the lateral distortion that might affect ultrawide screens and triple monitor setups. (It’s called Pannini Projection in honor of the ITALIAN painter who invented it in the 18th century – because Italians do it better). This feature can be set in-game in the “view settings” option. We appreciate that some users are requesting three separate renderings in order to tune bezel values and screen angles.

I am very curious about this feature as well.

The triple screen experience is so far identical to the initial EA build unfortunately.
I really hope here is some quick fix in the works to tie us over until proper triple screen support is back on the table as a possibility.

The comment in the FAQ is hilarious. Italians, ... :roflmao:

I am back to Assetto Corsa for now.

Attachments

• 2019-05-30-040013-screenshot.png
    2019-05-30-040013-screenshot.png
    206.8 KB · Views: 203
just been testing some of the new cars and all the new tracks, performance is a bit worse than before, used to run absolutely smooth, now there is a little tearing, guess it will get better once i have restarted the pc. all the results from EA carried over, so atm the idea is to bring the track rating up to three stars on all tracks, testing the new cars at the same time. easiest points earned, first things first. did changeable weather and it started to rain in Spa (nice) put on wets then but this was utterly unplayable, worse than with dries and way different than in EA, or I was just not focussed.

Watching Jimmies YouTube live stream atm....

Seems to be experiencing quit a few issues. Stutters, poor performance, mp drops, even made a few comments regarding the ffb.

Even made a comment thinking the game wasn't ready for release and at best 70% finished atm.

Steam reviews are currently at 48%:thumbsdown:
Sure a few patches will sort things out

• Deleted member 197115

Hmm, can't maintain 60 fps hotlapping in 4K?
This is with OCed i9-9900K and 1080Ti, Epic preset, which doesn't even look that epic.
And VR, sigh. :(
Back to AC.

Well I think I've read enough to keep me from installing the game for now.

Fingers crossed that it'll get better once Kunos have had time to analyse the massive feedback they'll now be getting.

Basically its a solid game, but.... We drove with 5-7 people on our server and experienced an simultanous ue4-fatal error. All players were dropped at same time with this error....
There is also a strange thing, that some people just stop after one lap at start/finish line without an reason...
Driver rating system not working.
So yes, at the moment they have problems with the game.

Positive: The new Lexus with its awesome sound. Aston and Nsx are also cool

Hmm, can't maintain 60 fps hotlapping in 4K?
This is with OCed i9-9900K and 1080Ti, Epic preset, which doesn't even look that epic.
And VR, sigh. :(
Back to AC.

I have the same config i9 9900k stock, asus strix 1080ti OC at 2ghz, 4k all on epic, shadow on high(very important, on epic you loose too much fps) virtual mirror disabled and mirrors on low (distance 20m) I can race up to 25/30 ai cars at smooth 60fps.

Thanks, good suggestion, I checked and the settings had carried over. To be certain I ran the game normally in full 4K (all good), then went back to VR and set all the video settings as before (and tried a few changes to see if I could improve things). Nothing seemed to make much difference. I don't know why but even with just one car on track the distance has lost all sharpness and become fuzzy (much worse image than GT Sport on PSVR for example) where previously all was fine. I've also noticed the menus and onscreen text is now unreadable too so something has changed significantly for me. The up close image in the car is good and the huD menus and dials are readable. The game is holding a steady 45fps as before but the distance fuzziness makes it near unplayable at the moment.
for me too the VR was worst in 1.0
I checked my settings (found in C:\Users\****\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\menusettings.json) and they have changed, plus there is more in the settings.
mine where in 0.7.2
"resolution":
{
"x": 1600,
"y": 1200
},
"useFullscreen": true,
"mirrorQualityLevel": 1,
"maxCarsVisible": 0,
"isMBlurEnabled": false,
"isAATemporal": true,
"colorSaturation": 1,
"sharpen": 0.80000001192092896,
"pixelDensity": 1.5,
"isHDRActive": true,
"mirrorDistance": 8000,
"horizonLock": 1,
"advancedSharpenFilter": false,
"materialsQuality": 0,
"temporalUpsampling": false,
"volumetricFog": false,
"bloomLevel": 0.30000001192092896,
"bloomQuality": 0,
"mirrorsResolution": 1,
"cameraDirtLevel": 3,
"foliageLodQuality": 0.30000001192092896,
"gfxPreset": 4
and in 1.0
"resolution":
{
"x": 1680,
"y": 1050
},
"useFullscreen": true,
"mirrorQualityLevel": 4,
"maxCarsVisible": 0,
"isMBlurEnabled": 0,
"motionBlurLevel": 1,
"isAATemporal": true,
"colorSaturation": 1,
"sharpen": 0.80000001192092896,
"pixelDensity": 1.5,
"isHDRActive": true,
"mirrorDistance": 25000,
"horizonLock": 1,
"advancedSharpenFilter": false,
"materialsQuality": 1,
"temporalUpsampling": false,
"volumetricFog": 0,
"bloomLevel": 0.30000001192092896,
"bloomQuality": 0,
"mirrorsResolution": 1,
"cameraDirtLevel": 3,
"foliageLodQuality": 3,
"whiteBalance": 9300,
"carLODSet": 1,
"hLODEnabled": true,
"colorScheme": 0,
"imageExposureGain": 0.40000000596046448,
"imageContrast": 0.5,
"gfxPreset": 4
I changed back all I could that was different, but I am sure the mirror quality level at 4 was killing my VR.
I am now back to what I had, not better, unfortunately, but not worst.
Let's hope some more optimization are on the way in the future.

I am very curious about this feature as well.

The triple screen experience is so far identical to the initial EA build unfortunately.
I really hope here is some quick fix in the works to tie us over until proper triple screen support is back on the table as a possibility.

The comment in the FAQ is hilarious. Italians, ... :roflmao:

I am back to Assetto Corsa for now.

I managed to use it. You need to select the last option when launching. (no "HMD).
The problem is, it makes the centre screen resolution really low, impossible to read the dashboard, probably due to the distortion effect. So to make it acceptable you need to increase the resolution, for my taste it needs to be around 120/130%. However doing this it will need A LOT of hardware and the FPS will drop quite a bit. It could be a bug and they can fix, not sure. I am using 0.5 distortion, fov 45 and playing with view distance according to the car. Give it a go and see how it works for you.

Have you heard of a game called iRacing... SMP been in there for a while now :)
and working really well, cuts rendering efforts nearly in half, which means more settings can be set a higher values. For additional knowledge on SMP
Lol, well I know iRacing has true triple-screen support (and have for 10+ years) but I never knew they also incorporated Nvidia's SMP.
How do you enable it relative to the standard triple-screen support iRacing's always had?
Does it only work with Nvidia 10-series cards and above?
Has any one done benchmarks with the exact same FOV using SMP and using iRacing's graphics engine triple-screen rendering?
Does it look as good as iRacing's graphics engine triple-screen support?
Does SMP also allow you to enter in screen width, distance from eyes to screen, outer monitor angle, etc. in order to automatically adjust the view according to each person's particular setup?

I also heard that SMP can have great use for VR. I don't understand this. Isn't VR already setup to have a perfect 1:1 scale FOV including little-to-no distortion?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea