ACC Release Tomorrow... Who's Excited Then?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Launch Tomorrow.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione finally hits version one release tomorrow after a long and often exciting early access programme - who's excited?

Yes, finally that day is almost upon us when Kunos Simulazioni push the big green button and deploy the full 'V1' build of Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam. Featuring the cars, teams and drivers of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series in all their glory, sim racers have been waiting with baited breath for this day to arrive - and its nearly here!

With a few new tracks in the form of Spa, Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Barcelona joining the title, and a wave of new cars too numerous to mention, what combination will you be taking out onto the circuit first?

ACC Launch tomorrow 2.jpg

Share your excitement about release day with the community in the comments section below!

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I'm always scared to overclock my cpu!
As long as your cooling is good and you're sensible with the overclock limits and settings, the worst that can happen is you'd need to reset your BIOS settings manually and start from scratch.

(And even when your cooling is not good, you risk very little as the CPUs have overheat protection.)

You might have to check if the settings have changed, same happened with 0.6, once back with the previous settings VR was back to normal.

Thanks, good suggestion, I checked and the settings had carried over. To be certain I ran the game normally in full 4K (all good), then went back to VR and set all the video settings as before (and tried a few changes to see if I could improve things). Nothing seemed to make much difference. I don't know why but even with just one car on track the distance has lost all sharpness and become fuzzy (much worse image than GT Sport on PSVR for example) where previously all was fine. I've also noticed the menus and onscreen text is now unreadable too so something has changed significantly for me. The up close image in the car is good and the huD menus and dials are readable. The game is holding a steady 45fps as before but the distance fuzziness makes it near unplayable at the moment.

They're having some launch day issues with the servers...

Posted by Minolin over at the ACC forums:

18:30hrs: Update successfull, though the HUGE amount of drivers gave us some extra work, reducing the ability to reliably work with Ratings and MP.
Should be a lot better now, I hope we can lift off and enjoy 1.0 now

19:21hrs: ok even more drivers joining in, I had to disable several functions.
Server is doing his best to store rating relevant data and respond MP data requests as quick as possible.

Now: sadly more work was required, but now we see a slow-but-stable backend, making it possible to drive in MP and rank up in Ratings.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.