AC Modding Questions Thread

hey! Probably the dumbest question ever but first time converting my all time favorite car to the game. Got some good progress (thank you Gary) but can't figure out how to fix the position of the wheels.

Please help!
648881201703232232121.jpg

Yeah, do what J-Lius said, but looks to me that you'll still have problems, either your wheelbase is too long or model scale is wrong. Because rear wheels are much more off than front wheels, should be equally off.

If you model it right you don't need to guess:
x: center the car
y: center front and rear axles around 0
z: put the bottom of the tires at 0
(this is blender coordinates with z up)

Then use values in suspensions.ini + tyres.ini:
WHEELBASE -> should be the same as the model
CG_LOCATION -> sets front weight percent
BASEY -> sets cg height to axles
(in tyres.ini) RADIUS -> sets height of axle above ground

GRAPHICS_OFFSET will then be x (0), y (BASEY-RADIUS), z ((0.5-CG_LOCATION)*WHEELBASE)
(y will be negative, z positive if front% is <50%, negative if it's >50%, to check your signs).

ps. wrote them in this order because you should set them in this order - find out the real wheelbase/cg height before worrying about where the model is.

Thanks for all the replies guys! unfortunately it looks like no matter what number I put in either the wheelbase or in the GRAPHIC OFFSET the wheels keep spawning at the wrong place without moving a notch. Btw the car looks fine in the showroom.

Here's a dumb one; When AC First came out driver suits/helmets were usually packaged with the skin itself in the skin folder. Now I see a lot of skins with driver suits located in a different folder. How exactly does that all work, and why are they in a different folder now?

I never saw any posts or info about it before.

• Deleted member 130869

Here's a dumb one; When AC First came out driver suits/helmets were usually packaged with the skin itself in the skin folder. Now I see a lot of skins with driver suits located in a different folder. How exactly does that all work, and why are they in a different folder now?

I never saw any posts or info about it before.

Now you can reuse the game's stock textures for suits, helmets, and gloves by using the skin.ini directions. It can help reduce the size of downloads and make it neater but it also can be a bit messy since you either create everything and pack it into the skin folder (so no .ini), or you create a folder following the game's structure and add your own.

Now you can reuse the game's stock textures for suits, helmets, and gloves by using the skin.ini directions. It can help reduce the size of downloads and make it neater but it also can be a bit messy since you either create everything and pack it into the skin folder (so no .ini), or you create a folder following the game's structure and add your own.

I figured that was the main goal of it - I haven't come across any skin.ini file yet (as far as I recall) so I'll go for a little dig and see if I can find out how it all works together when I have a chance.

Thanks! :)

• Deleted member 130869

I figured that was the main goal of it - I haven't come across any skin.ini file yet (as far as I recall) so I'll go for a little dig and see if I can find out how it all works together when I have a chance.

Thanks! :)

Have a look at my 917Ks or 962s!

Are you asking about settings when making a mod car? Because I was referring to an add on app for AC, that makes the camera look to apex, as an example.

hey there, long time no post...

i read about the export of animated suspensions.
I added the "hub" in position (i didn't have it in my scene before)
As a result below, the hub is useless if animated=0
if animated=1 the pivot point is respected and the system is clean when turning the wheel. (except that i don't have any ksanim exported, and that the wheel spins out of controle. BUT, pivot is clean.)

see below
left : USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS=0
right : USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS=1

7mod_hub.gif

smoother/bigger >> http://i.imgur.com/rCz6CzD.gifv

Now if the animated=0 could take effect of that hub position like it does when "=1" that would be it. That is the missing key for my suspension. A clean working system without having to bake anything.

Could i possibly contact the dev about this matter?
I mean it should be possible to have it all working out without having to export the ksanim. On the left of my gif, the system is only missing a correct pivot for the hub... and that's why the rotation breaks the other parts.

hey there, long time no post...

i read about the export of animated suspensions.
I added the "hub" in position (i didn't have it in my scene before)
As a result below, the hub is useless if animated=0
if animated=1 the pivot point is respected and the system is clean when turning the wheel. (except that i don't have any ksanim exported, and that the wheel spins out of controle. BUT, pivot is clean.)

see below
left : USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS=0
right : USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS=1

7mod_hub.gif

smoother/bigger >> http://i.imgur.com/rCz6CzD.gifv

Now if the animated=0 could take effect of that hub position like it does when "=1" that would be it. That is the missing key for my suspension. A clean working system without having to bake anything.

Could i possibly contact the dev about this matter?
I mean it should be possible to have it all working out without having to export the ksanim. On the left of my gif, the system is only missing a correct pivot for the hub... and that's why the rotation breaks the other parts.
Wild guess but maybe it's posible to rotate the wheel node(s) so that it rotates along that axis.
Probably not as it only uses the position AFAIK.

Wild guess but maybe it's posible to rotate the wheel node(s) so that it rotates along that axis.
Probably not as it only uses the position AFAIK.
i tried that but doesn't work. The car shows camber in the showroom (as it is exported in the fbx) but ingame uses data ini files.
I exported (baked) animation of only the hub nodes and it's working fine. But no chance of seeing the camber toe etc. in live. (not that it's very important, but it was a nice detail)

Also, since each wheel uses its own animation file, how do you animated the rear axle once you use animated=1 ?

Got a new dumb question here... strange what happened to the windscreen of this car. Just dissapeared and I cannot pinpoint what's causing this problem. Tried all the obvious fixes, replaced geometry, assigned different materials, unlinked it, linked it to another dummy, etc. It's all the same from the other Seras (stock and TRD) and they both look perfectly fine. This one, just don't want to show up on the track.

Showroom (and editor looks good too):
Showroom_a3dr_toyota_sera_gt_6-3-2017-19-50-20.jpg

Track:
Screenshot_a3dr_toyota_sera_gt_skidpad05_6-4-117-19-49-30.jpg

Anybody had this or a similar issue before? strange stuff :O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back