AC Modding Questions Thread

Two questions guys,

I can't seem to remove the CINTURE_ON from displaying when you get into the race, although it's not shown in the previews or studio
Any clue what i missed ?
View attachment 187573
the second, hard to show in a screenshot, hence my beautiful talent artist below
to display the heat coming from the back of the car, how do i set the position of this effect ?
View attachment 187574

First one I'm not too sure, I'd have thought if the seatbelt works on/off in the showroom properly then it should everywhere. I think all cars do that tbh, with the seatbold 'on' before a race even though there is no driver.

Just checked the Mazda mx5 and yeah its the same.

And about the heat haze, I asked about the position a while back and I think I was told you can't position it, so I just turned it off...

Two questions guys,

I can't seem to remove the CINTURE_ON from displaying when you get into the race, although it's not shown in the previews or studio
Any clue what i missed ?
View attachment 187573
the second, hard to show in a screenshot, hence my beautiful talent artist below
to display the heat coming from the back of the car, how do i set the position of this effect ?
View attachment 187574
For the second one, sounds.ini:
Code:
[ENGINE]
POSITION=front
Options: "rear" "front"

For the second one, sounds.ini:
Code:
[ENGINE]
POSITION=front
Options: "rear" "front"

Thank you for your answers!
Sound! That's a weird place to look for something physical! I could have never guessed that...
And, it's already in "front" but the haze still at the back :/

On the bright side i sorted the exhaust flame, rather simple and it's now a Dragon 7.

Thank you for your answers!
Sound! That's a weird place to look for something physical! I could have never guessed that...
And, it's already in "front" but the haze still at the back :/

On the bright side i sorted the exhaust flame, rather simple and it's now a Dragon 7.

Based on absolutely nothing, if I had to guess that locates the origin of the sound, and the heat haze just piggy-backs on that setting.

Again, based on absolutely nothing. :geek:

Every day its new questions.
But today in particular.

I happened to notice my car in 3dsmax isn't exactly centered in 0,0,0.
The x is centered that's ok, but the y isn't. It's probably off by (*measuring it*) about 14cm
Between red line (origin of the scene) and blue (center between wheels)
7mod_center14cm.PNG

Does that matter for the physics ?
I know changing these 14cm would affect the driver animation export, suspensions baked because it has coordinates, and probably other positions in some ini files such as flames etc.

But what about the physics ingame, and CG and behavior ?

Observation:
I noticed by removing the reverse light of this old caterham compared to the other model, it changed the overall length of the car by few cm, but the ingame preview was automatically centered around the model, making a slight difference between previews.
Same with the 420r version with smaller radius tyres (they wouldn't touch the ground anymore), the car would appear automatically lower in the preview.

Can i assume wherever the car is, the game automatically centers it ?​

Shouldn't have any effect on physics. The body itself can be moved around using the graphic offset in car.ini which has no impact on any of the actual physics. (Wheels are located by wheelbase + track width and CG is defined elsewhere.)

I was working on the Bizzarrini Manta and was checking how it was looking in the showroom. After a few small shader updates I wanted to check again and all of a sudden the showroom doesn't load anymore. I have attached my log, does anyone know what's wrong?

Attachments

• log.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 273
I was working on the Bizzarrini Manta and was checking how it was looking in the showroom. After a few small shader updates I wanted to check again and all of a sudden the showroom doesn't load anymore. I have attached my log, does anyone know what's wrong?
Their log is often not detailed.
It's weird, the showroom is a lot easier on the model than in-game!!

Have you tried using content manager ?
sometimes it tells you "this is broken, fix it?" sometimes...
Otherwise i don't really know...
backup is a good way to go... when i'm somewhere everything is working properly, i know it's time to do a little backup for the day :D

are all Shaders set correctly? I think there a some in the list that will crash the game and showroom, I have had the wrong one selected by accident a few times due to scrolling while having the mouse pointer at the wrong place

Content manager doesn't tell me anything is incorrect, I'll double check my shaders I guess. Strange this is, when I update the previews in the content manager, it does update them.. So the showroom must be working in that instance.

Any idea what shader settings I should look for?

Hi guys. So I'm trying to get my track into Blender, and I have traced out the circuit, and added the elevations etc with a BezierCurve... but when I create a Plane that is set to 16m wide, and use the Array and Curve modifiers set to the Bezier, the modifier goes haywire, and I get this giant huge flat circle shape...

Do I need to use a Nurbs Path for it to work properly... :(:O_o:

Yes, I scaled the curve up.

I had imported the road from my RTB track, traced it with the Bézier curve, the realised it was all really small, so scaled the curve and the existing road mesh up to the correct width. Then applied the modifiers...

I found afterwards I could then scale the plane modifier down to like 0.1, and it was normal, just wasn't sure if that's the best way to work with it...

So I really need to scale the RTB road mesh up first, then trace with the curve... And that should hopefully do it?

I thought about reducing the mesh density of the existing RTB road... To save me doing the whole curve trace and trying to match the turns and elevations... But wasn't sure how to do that yet. :p
Probably best to work with a curve along the track though in case I need to make future changes though...

True Blender noob working over here. :roflmao:

Last edited:
Yes, I scaled the curve up.

I had imported the road from my RTB track, traced it with the Bézier curve, the realised it was all really small, so scaled the curve and the existing road mesh up to the correct width. Then applied the modifiers...

I found afterwards I could then scale the plane modifier down to like 0.1, and it was normal, just wasn't sure if that's the best way to work with it...

So I really need to scale the RTB road mesh up first, then trace with the curve... And that should hopefully do it?

I thought about reducing the mesh density of the existing RTB road... To save me doing the whole curve trace and trying to match the turns and elevations... But wasn't sure how to do that yet. :p
Probably best to work with a curve along the track though in case I need to make future changes though...

True Blender noob working over here. :roflmao:
If the track was built in RTB why are you trying to build again in blender?

'Cos of your signature. :whistling::roflmao:

Nah, just not 100% happy with what I can achieve in RTB, it's not too bad, and looks passable, but you yourself know of all the other 'issues', so thought I'd have a go at doing it properly.

It's already a fantastic circuit, and I know it would benefit from being lovingly worked on in a real 3D app. Using Blender will allow you to turn your RTB 'sketch' into a full-on work of art :thumbsup:

I'm so glad that you're continuing to work on the 'Hills :inlove:

'Cos of your signature. :whistling::roflmao:

Nah, just not 100% happy with what I can achieve in RTB, it's not too bad, and looks passable, but you yourself know of all the other 'issues', so thought I'd have a go at doing it properly.
I understand the need to get out of RTB but I also don't see a problem with using RTB do make your base track (which you have done already) and then bring into blender to finish it up. First thing would be to ditch those god awful RTB trees.

Anyway going back to the curve issue. In blender you must make sure the plane/array object has the same location as the spline. I use the copy attributes menu for this a bunch. I'm not sure it is on by default. Ctrl-C is how you bring it up and it let you copy location, rotation, etc. This is what it looks like in the addons menu in preferences.
upload_2017-5-3_10-30-31.png

With this on you select you plane/array and hold shift and select the curve. Then you hit ctrl-c and copy location.

One final tip is to NEVER rotate the curve in object mode. Always make your changes to the spline in edit mode. This will make sure the rotation of the spline is always 0,0,0. And as long as the object that is attached to the spline have has zero rotation then all you have to worry about is location.

There are also many other aspects of curve modeling but this should get you started.

are all Shaders set correctly? I think there a some in the list that will crash the game and showroom, I have had the wrong one selected by accident a few times due to scrolling while having the mouse pointer at the wrong place

I double checked every single material and shader, and nothing seems wrong. I haven't touched anything in the data folder, so that shouldn't be the reason for it to crash either. I'm kind of lost on how to get it to work in the showroom. It does work in the Custom showroom of CM, and nothing seems wrong there either..

The log ends with these two lines before the crash:

Code:
Loading 26 textures
ERROR: D3DX11CreateShaderResourceViewFromMemory failed

Have you checked the textures? (That's all I have, I can usually help with physics-related crashes but 3d isn't my thing.)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.