AC Modding Questions Thread

You have to edit the size of the actual mesh, if you change WHEEL_LF (etc. names RF LR RR) then the game will undo that.
Thanks for your answer. I am not sure to have understood well (English is not my language, sorry)
Do you mean that I have to change the size of the original mode in 3DSimed before using "replace objects"?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////// EDIT /////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Ok, I think I already understood.
Isolate objet > change scale objets > save as 3SE > replace objet in main mod

In that way it worked ... Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to make a somewhat "inappropriate" consultation (I guess it could be sai)
I have some models made in 3D (Blender) but the project was started for "Automobilista" some time ago. Today I have installed Assetto and tempted me to make the attempt to put them on track.
It is worth clarifying that I am not "modder" I managed to make a mod for "Automobilista" but it cost me many headaches and the result (although I liked it) was not of exaggerated quality, because of my lack of knowledge.
What I mean is that putting me in the bowels of Assetto (a totally different way of working that AMS) I am stealing parameters/.ini files/parts of other mods... (such as an LCD display for Cockpit, since I do not manage to understand how it is done from scratch) and I am sure that I will reach a result that will leave me satisfied and I will be able to enjoy the mod, but the question in question is... Is it unethical , or illegal, upload a mod to RD to share it if I used parts of other mods? I don't know where I took them from, others are from the Kunos themselves, and I am not really looking where I am collecting the parts that I do not understand how they are done, because my idea is for personal use, but as I said ... Can I share a job of that style? Or better I stay for me and save problems?

Last edited:
To my knowledge, Kunos allows a few files from their cars to be used in mods, as long as the main mod itself is a scratch made project.

If you are using files from other mods? That’s different, you don’t have permission from the creators of these files, whether they are physics files, sounds, textures… it will most likely get reported and removed.

Of course, it is what I supposed... It confuses the fact of seeing so many mods with parts of other mods and made by different people. I do not know how the process of "asking permission" is handled or how to contact the "true" author.
At the moment I will keep everything for personal use.
Thank you very much for answering.

Good Morning all,
I have a question regarding Sound Creation.
I got started with Fmod and got a working soundbank out of the Kunos- supplied Projects. so far, so good.
Now I'm struggling to add a Compressor Whine to my Sound.
Of course, one way would be to "bake" the sound into the main engine samples.- adding it to the samples before importing them into fmod. I wouldn't like that, I would like to be able to edit the Compressor Noise independently from the main Engine Sounds.
I have tried using the "Turbo" Folder inside the soundbank- but that doesn't seem to work.
Is the Turbo sound somehow tied to the physics?

Hello, I'm doing a steering animation, I managed to get it working (mostly) but I have a problem with the head of the driver. It is tilted to the back, and not centered

Obviously the head is perfectly straight in the animation.

image.png

image.png

It looks like this in blender,

And I exported both driver position with DRIVER: rename and export driver base position kng option

Then exported the steering animation with reverse animation and DRIVER: rename option ticked.

While selecting DRIVER_DRIVER when exporting ofc. Can anyone shread some light about this? Thanks

1705347636218.png

Hi! Noob question: I am trying to fix an existing mod with a buggy collider. As you can see in the screenshot from CM showroom, the collider is rotated by 90 degrees. If I export it to FBX and open it in Blender, it's oriented the right way - also if I open the collider.kn5 by itself in showroom. I tried to simply re-export the FBX and save it in KSeditor - no effect. Any help would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• collider rotated.png
    collider rotated.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 29
Hi! Noob question: I am trying to fix an existing mod with a buggy collider. As you can see in the screenshot from CM showroom, the collider is rotated by 90 degrees. If I export it to FBX and open it in Blender, it's oriented the right way - also if I open the collider.kn5 by itself in showroom. I tried to simply re-export the FBX and save it in KSeditor - no effect. Any help would be very appreciated.
Yeah, easy mistake to make, is why I always test my colliders before releasing stuff. The orientation can look correct in Blender and ksEditor and in the kn5, but load wrong in-game. If so, you need to rotate the mesh itself, not the object. So in Blender it'll be pointing straight up. Or you can first rotate the object forward 90, then the mesh back 90, if you want it to look the same in Blender and the game.

Last edited:
Yeah, easy mistake to make, is why I always test my colliders before releasing stuff. The orientation can look correct in Blender and ksEditor and in the kn5, but load wrong in-game. If so, you need to rotate the mesh itself, not the object. So in Blender it'll be pointing straight up. Or you can first rotate the object forward 90, then the mesh back 90, if you want it to look the same in Blender and the game.
So that worked well. I had to make sure I changed the pivot point to 3d cursor in object mode so when I went into mesh edit, it would rotate back into its original location.

But now I have an issue where the collider is showing up tiny under the car in showroom.
Ive tried to 1, apply object scale. 2, scale to deltas & 3, clear object scale.

I've exported a standard kunos collider to blender and it is coming up as the same size as the one I just made.

The only difference is when I go to Viewport Display and click show axis.
my axis is showing up way bigger than the kunos one.

I know I figured this out in the past but I cant remember what I did.

Thank you, Stereo! Being a Blender noob too, it took me a while, but finally I generated an even better collider (convex hull method, less polys) and aligned it correctly, also fixed the "big box" ground collider visible in my shot.

Went on to generate LODs and put interior glass into that thing - but dammit, this is a buggy pipeline - somewhere between Blender and KSEditor the transparencies for the gauge glasses got messed up - though I did not touch those at all initially. Seems like KSEditor likes to randomly switch those values for transparency and/or blending mode. After some frustrations I fixed that stuff too.

Next up: Working wipers. Ultimately I wanna get all the cockpit instruments including the odo and clock working! It's gonna be a long road. Any recommendations for good tutorials for all that stuff?

Last edited:
I wanna get all the cockpit instruments including the odo and clock working! It's gonna be a long road. Any recommendations for good tutorials for all that stuff?
Check here, on the right. That's what I used for the C15, also you can reverse engineer patched Kunos' cars :)

And yes, the pipeline is ****ing awful I can't believe people have the energy to churn out so many mods when having to deal with so much dumb ****.

I wish there was a tiny documentation of Windscreen FX's "dynamic windscreen reflections" feature. Now that I have interior glass and raindrops working (duped the regular windows and flipped the normals), I'd expect that to work. Oddly it seems to work on ancient non-CSP modded cars, but not on that DB5 I'm working on. Any clues on what to fix? Does it need some reflection normal I need to set on the interior window object?

I wish there was a tiny documentation of Windscreen FX's "dynamic windscreen reflections" feature. Now that I have interior glass and raindrops working (duped the regular windows and flipped the normals), I'd expect that to work. Oddly it seems to work on ancient non-CSP modded cars, but not on that DB5 I'm working on. Any clues on what to fix? Does it need some reflection normal I need to set on the interior window object?
perhaps the "ksWindscreen" shader values need to be changed..

Shaders: ksWindscreen
Blending mode: Alpha blend
Shadow Properties:
• ksAmbient: 0.6
• ksDiffuse: 0.3
• ksSpecular: 1
• ksSpecularEXP: 10
• ksEmissives: 0
• ksAlphaRef: 0.5

Textures:
• txDiffuse: INTERNAL_Glass.dds

It probably only reflects objects that are in the interior model, which is 'COCKPIT_HR' and used by every Kunos car (and all mods made following pipeline)

Reactions: x0t
It is auto-guessed based on windscreen shader and cockpit_HR node, but can be tweaked heavily.. this is the documentation:

Code:
[WINDSCREEN_REFLECTION]
; Windscreen shape (used to do the mirroring):
REFLECTING = shader:ksWindscreen  ; meshes with windscreen shader that will get the effect
SURFACE = …                       ; if set, those surface meshes will be used instead for windscreen shape,
                                  ; for cars with weird windscreen normals
FILTER_ELEMENTS = 1               ; if set (default), generates a new mesh only containing the element right in
                                  ; front of the driver
REBUILD_NORMALS = 1               ; if set (default), normals will be recomputed to fix strange meshes
SHOT_DIRECTION = X, Y, Z          ; direction of the orthogonal camera capturing windscreen shape
SHOT_ORIGIN = X, Y, Z             ; origin of that camera
SHOT_SIZE = W, H                  ; and the size of the shot (all three should be computed automatically, but
                                  ; just in case)
MOVE_WITH = …                     ; if set, shape will move with this node, for windscreens moving with doors
DEBUG_MESH = 0                    ; set to 1 to see the wireframe of generated mesh and the camera orientation,
                                  ; also makes windscreens opaque

Code:
; Reflected geometry:
REFLECTED = COCKPIT_HR, STEER_HR  ; nodes or meshes to be reflected
REFLECTED_EXCLUDE = …             ; nodes or meshes to be excluded
REFLECTED_DRIVER = 1              ; if set (default), also reflect the driver
REFLECTED_TRANSPARENT = 1         ; by default transparent meshes are not reflected to make sure head-up displays
                                  ; won’t be reflected
DEPTH_OFFSET = 0.005              ; how much reflected geometry is brought closer to original (to fix the gap
                                  ; present with most cars)

; Niche settings for strange cases:
APPLY_DEPTH_FIX = 1               ; if set, might help with cars with unlucky geometry (but it’s better to exclude
                                  ; those meshes altogether
CURVATURE_FACTOR = 0.5            ; setting this to 0 helps with extreme cases (like that Red Bull thing), but
                                  ; makes reflections much more primitive

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back