AC Modding Questions Thread

I double checked every single material and shader, and nothing seems wrong. I haven't touched anything in the data folder, so that shouldn't be the reason for it to crash either. I'm kind of lost on how to get it to work in the showroom. It does work in the Custom showroom of CM, and nothing seems wrong there either..
going by aphidgods post, check if all textures are of the 256x256, 512x512,1024x1024 and so on size, and if they are in the right dds format (I know dxtbmp can create numerous formats that AC can't open, but normally will already fail in the KSEditor)

going by aphidgods post, check if all textures are of the 256x256, 512x512,1024x1024 and so on size, and if they are in the right dds format (I know dxtbmp can create numerous formats that AC can't open, but normally will already fail in the KSEditor)

Thanks a lot! I had 2 textures that were a bit off of this sizing format. Car is ingame, but the wheels are about 20 meters in diameter, I guess it's a dummy size problem, so I'll try to fix that now.

Thanks a lot! I had 2 textures that were a bit off of this sizing format. Car is ingame, but the wheels are about 20 meters in diameter, I guess it's a dummy size problem, so I'll try to fix that now.

If you changed the scale of the dummies at some point, forget it, might as well make new ones or the problem will never go away. Once you scale them, there's no going back it'll always look wrong.

If you changed the scale of the dummies at some point, forget it, might as well make new ones or the problem will never go away. Once you scale them, there's no going back it'll always look wrong.

I already did that, that's the odd thing. The units in 3ds are set in meters, when exporting the fbx, it's exported in meters too. I used the dummies provided by Kunos themselves and still I get the wheels in extremely huge size in game.

3ds max scene:
etPmGAl.jpg

Curious, never had that problem in Blender as long as I used "Apply Scale" on them after resizing (mostly for all the animation related dummies)

Curious, never had that problem in Blender as long as I used "Apply Scale" on them after resizing (mostly for all the animation related dummies)

I've converted many cars before, but I've never had this problem either. I honestly don't see the problem in the scene or exportation to fbx. If anyone can help me or has ideas, it would be very appreciated.

FBX importing always seems to give me screwy sizes in 3ds max. In the heirachey tab, scroll down to adjust transform, and reset the transform and scale, and see how it goes

Forgot to mention, it's 3dsmax that always gave me problems with scaled dummies (except on animations).

Create a new dummy for one wheel yourself, link all the parts and give it a try, instead of using those.

Last edited:
FBX importing always seems to give me screwy sizes in 3ds max. In the heirachey tab, scroll down to adjust transform, and reset the transform and scale, and see how it goes

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't help. Confusion all over here..

Forgot to mention, it's 3dsmax that always gave me problems with scaled dummies (except on animations).

Create a new dummy for one wheel yourself, link all the parts and give it a try, instead of using those.

Let me try that, I'll report back!

What a nightmare man ,
Scaling dummies to get wheel size :D / Ill just stick to animating everything I touch :D

After a lot of messing around with units setup and scaling.. I imported the dummies again and I got it right. Thanks for the advise guys.
coming after the show :p

there two things for the scale, what it shows unit in "A", and the actual unit of the scene "B"
upload_2017-5-10_20-2-44.png

and yeah, no scale allowed on dummies, it breaks things.
The trick if you have one scene all in centimeter, you save & close it. Open a new one, make it all meter scale, and then import your other centimeter scene, and it should be scaled automatically clean (without any 1000% in the objects, they will all remain at 100% scale)

anyway, good you found your way through :)

coming after the show :p

there two things for the scale, what it shows unit in "A", and the actual unit of the scene "B"
View attachment 190233

and yeah, no scale allowed on dummies, it breaks things.
The trick if you have one scene all in centimeter, you save & close it. Open a new one, make it all meter scale, and then import your other centimeter scene, and it should be scaled automatically clean (without any 1000% in the objects, they will all remain at 100% scale)

anyway, good you found your way through :)

Thanks for the explanation! The problem was in the System unit setup for me, that one was still in cm, while all the rest was in meters. So when I exported in meters, the wheels were 100x the normal size..

Thanks for the explanation! The problem was in the System unit setup for me, that one was still in cm, while all the rest was in meters. So when I exported in meters, the wheels were 100x the normal size..
Just animate the suspension ,
Add dummies but no mesh for suspension arms , if they are there animate them , if not obviously dont bother ,
But they need to exist ,
Most cars just use wheels / tires / blur ect ect ,

Simply add the dummies , Animate the HUBS and export it , take like 5 minutes if that , with zero scaling or bugs :D

Just animate the suspension ,
Add dummies but no mesh for suspension arms , if they are there animate them , if not obviously dont bother ,
But they need to exist ,
Most cars just use wheels / tires / blur ect ect ,

Simply add the dummies , Animate the HUBS and export it , take like 5 minutes if that , with zero scaling or bugs :D

It's already fixed, I just had to set the System unit scale correctly. Importing the dummies after that worked perfectly. I just didn't check the System unit scale..

I only just noticed that you can use livery.png with the ac crew objects. Just wondering if there were any other textures that might work with it? Possibly using preview.jpg for a video screen?

Anyone building a nascar track should look at the RBR to have the numbers over pit stalls

I only just noticed that you can use livery.png with the ac crew objects. Just wondering if there were any other textures that might work with it? Possibly using preview.jpg for a video screen?

Anyone building a nascar track should look at the RBR to have the numbers over pit stalls
You mean these?
4CvKpso.jpg

livery.png and ac_crew.dds

Riverside used AC_CREW all over including the pit wall.

Older pic of the track. All tents, toolboxes, semi trucks, and pit wall pull from ac_crew.dds
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_24-6-116-15-59-18.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea