Abarth @ Aviano Short Track - Tuesday February 2nd 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium

After the very enjoyable event of last week, we head towards Aviano and race the Short Track layout with the 500 Abarth!

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Simulation: netKar PRO 1.1 beta 3 click here to purchase online for EUR 19.90
Class: 500 Abarth
Track: Aviano Short Track
Weather: Dry
Start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 30 mins
Qualification: 15 mins
Race: 30 mins (laps t.b.d)
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

Sounds decent Hansi, I just did a few laps using the setup I posted after the last race and was doing 19s quite quickly in the run, once I'd found out where the track went, got spat back to pits a couple fo times for going wrong way, LOL, I may have to cut one of my GTL days so I can do more of these meets, sad I'm missing this one.

Sam

Fantastic racing tonight.

Daniel was so close in qual, and faster in practice. Hoped to drive my 1.17.9x time again and I was lucky. Pole.
When Lights go green I drove away without too much wheelspin and noticed Daniel with problems. Took 1,5 second from the new P2 and could drive away 1-2 seconds a lap in the early stage. Then it was more stable to slowly grow to 20+ seconds after the race distance.
Don't know how, but I managed to keep the laptimes in the 1.18.x during the race or faster. I did at least 2 .17s and broke my pb to 1.17.8x :) yeeee.

In terms of racing it was a bit boring since I never met any traffic except one who spun the car in the chicane.

See you next time.

Again a great race night guys! Thanks all for joining, it was a blast in the Abarths!

I came in at the end of hte practice, didnt know the track so had to learn fast. Qualy went ok with p7 or p8.

During the race i made some braking mistakes causing me to spin around a few times :) Though had some great battles with Ron where we were nose-to-tail on the straights, really cool.

Unfortunately i have to miss out next week due to work, but ill try to be there the week after! Have fun next week.

Could not do the perfekt lap in qualy so pole for Ramon. Was able to do 1:17:9xx very close to Ramons time but no chance in qualy.

Racestart OMG ^^ the worst start I ever had ^^

Shifted to N let the rev come to 5700 lights GREEN I shift in 1 gear and WWAAAAAA engine go out ??? lol had to engage the engine and start. Nearly the guys behind me couln't avoid me.
Was on the last places and :mad: lol
Pushed all out of the car and the result was losing the car on T1 exit badly :eek: ^^ spin out and hit the wall hard lost a lot time there. The car for my surprise was not damaged bad, at least could drive same pace.
Overtooked Cedric into the fast 2 lefts on the inside. Don't know I let you not enought space ? sorry could not see anything. Just noticed a bump on the rear right and saw you spining out in the mirror...
Went trouh the field to p3. Tryed to catch Peter and was able to do a 1:17:9xx. In the last courner then I was close behind him crossing the line on his bumper ^^ :biggrin:

• Gerard de Koeijer

Thx for the race tonight guys, it was great. Nice (clean) driving.

Qualy went well, pos. 6.

Start was ok, Daniel stood still, just missed him. So we were off. 3rd place after first corner, i knew i would not be able to hold this position, so i dropped back to 5th place. Had a nice fight with Tobias, who ran out of fuel with a couple of laps to go. Finally 4th position, happy with this!

See you next time.

Bram, gentleman that you are, a little rub does not merit an apology and giving back a place. I accepted the rub as part of the deal, that's why I tried to let you back. While we were messing about someone came by and took us both! :wink: I did have to laugh when I moved right over on the downhill lefthander and you still went and mowed the grass! Plonker! :biggrin: All good stuff though. looking forward to next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes