1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC A series of educational videos

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Kristóf Kerekes, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Interested.

41 vote(s)
    91.1%
  2. Maybe.

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Definiately not.

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. Hey there guys!

@Bram Hengeveld mentioned in another topic, that with Assetto Corsa and Steam collab. there might be a lot of newcomers to the Simracing scene and the content of educational movies is lacking in that term, or at least not specified to Assetto Corsa. I've been thinking about starting a series of educational movies, walking through the basics of the game and simracing in general through setups and driving techniques.

My question is, do you think there is a "market" for these videos? How off-putting my Hungarian accent would be in those videos? Is it actually helping if you threw some of these videos onto the hand of unexperienced newcomers?

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I'd watch them

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It would be nice :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I just download 2 videos (Skip Barber Going Faster) & (The Drift Bible) from youtube and more video like this is very welcome, i like this type of video :thumbsup:

5. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

It sounds great...but it also depends on how experiencesd the author is. For example, if Morgan morand was giving tips everyone would listen...but if it was me, I wouldn't count my chickens lol

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. Tomaz Selcan

Tomaz Selcan
    Premium Member

Videos will be great chance for everyone to learn something new or renew their knowledge about racing lines, racing with others and being faster. If you need any help with making videos you can contact me.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. And If you need any help with making bad driving example video you can contact me, am a expert on this one :D

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I'm in the Simracing scene for 11 years now, since the release of Live for Speed and been around in top-teams for years now in that sim. Same goes for drifting. I guess that's enough knowledge to get a few newcomers started :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Even if you were only active for 11 hours, if you have useful information to share that help others please do as that is why we have started this forum in the first place.

Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'd definitely be interested - I've only recently got into SimRacing and although I'm fortunate to have a friend who's been on the scene a few years to show me the ropes, some more instructional videos would definitely not go amiss!

• Like Like x 2
  11. :O_o:
    Now you have to make them, I'll watch it for sure.
    :roflmao:

12. I think it's a great idea. Maybe you could also cut in some real life footage, on-board stuff, to show how things work in the real world too? Or would that be a copyright minefield? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

I've been into it for years but only recently started getting everything together to get serious. More videos and instructions would be great. I think sim racing is one of the best hobbies and would love for more people to become as enthused as us.

14. I would be gratefull for any info you could provide!
    Also any info about basic setup would be super!

15. Galin Dimov

Galin Dimov
    SimDrive

Would be very useful :thumbsup:

16. Exactly, every single tutorial video is useful unless shows wrong information etc. The question is what kind of videos you want to show. Once I wanted to create such videos but it's time-consuming and I was alone. If you need help, contact me and we could discuss it.

17. This would be excellent. I would most certainly watch them.

18. Great idea, videos would be very useful :thumbsup:

19. Mapu

Mapu
    Premium Member

20. Great idea, look forward to seeing these...
    Do you guys follow any routine or pattern when a new game or mod comes out?

When I get a new sim, I go to an easy looking track (Laguna Seca is my favorite if the game has it) and then run each car at least 3 laps (with AI) & write down lap times & random notes like FUN factor!

Here are the vids referenced above + 1 more...

Skip Barber Going Faster

The Drift Bible

KBB Races a Mazda Miata - Part 1: Skip Barber Race School

• Like Like x 1