A race07 24/7 server?

Just a thought, but why doesn't RD consider having a permanent server running 24/7 for Race07 that is passworded for members only? Is it just the racers here prefer club events, or because there wouldn't be enough interest from members, or something else?

I like to have a more regular pattern than club races provide, and I'm not really that keen on a whole week being dedicated to a single track car combo - I toy with signing up but never do even though i would love to race some of you guys.

I'd be far more inclined for it to be my first stop when i fire up Race07. I'd like to think it would be the same for others, too, and that a small regular community could be born for those who like clean, proper races, but are after something a bit more "pick up and go".

One final thing - why do you use STCC and not Race07 WTCC? I am just curious to know if there is something about the 07 season that is buggy or inferior.

Would love to know others thoughts on this. Club events are not pick up and go enough for me, and I'm so tired of publics or running my own where it's full of unclean racers. Pick up and go + RD members and rules = exciting possibility to me.

Something like, but certainly just an off the cuff thought:

Race07 WTCC (20 min practice, 10 min quali, 10 lap races)
- Monza
- Imola
- Istanbul
- Brand Hatch

Then on weekend, maybe swap to fun events (GT, Radicals, and so on).

I think another thread regarding this was created recently, but the main reason is probably so everyone can race together. If it was a rolling server I could show up at 5, someone else at 6, someone else at 7 and the races would have tiny grids. Whereas scheduling makes sure everyone shows up at the same time and place to race each other. I think there are only a limited number of servers too, the RDTCC needs 3 of them so no other events run while it's being held.

WTCC07 was ran last summer and I imagine 5 years ago when it first came out. But STCC2 is the most recent release, plus it has the 320si, Lacetti, Leon and 156 anyway so nothing is actually being missed.

It's been tried in the past, then dropped because not enough people used it, the concept does work, but it would take months and months of a server been up and NEVER been taken down for club and league events, and that seems too long term for RD to want, especially at a time when support for, what's seen as an older 'game's is being reduced by RD in preference for newer stuff that many of us don't have machines capable of running on anything but low settings. .
I highly recommend club events and teamspeak there great - as for pick up and race many of us race on the 100mbit servers - always up, never down, ok wreckers sometimes, but very often admin or people who can quickly contact admin are there, these are the times when great clean racing on a public often becomes a reality - even if you don't recognise the name's its surprising how often they turn out to be fellow RDers under public server personas.

Also remember if an event does not have a full sign up you should be fine to join say in the last 15 mins of qualy, better if you are able to drop in teamspeak and ask to join if its almost a full sign up - my record for this was Dan Higgins and I joining a club event with just 10 seconds of qualy left - if you do it though just be careful not to screw anyone's race up due to lack of practice!

Just a thought, but why doesn't RD consider having a permanent server running 24/7 for Race07 that is passworded for members only? Is it just the racers here prefer club events, or because there wouldn't be enough interest from members, or something else?

I like to have a more regular pattern than club races provide, and I'm not really that keen on a whole week being dedicated to a single track car combo - I toy with signing up but never do even though i would love to race some of you guys.

I'd be far more inclined for it to be my first stop when i fire up Race07. I'd like to think it would be the same for others, too, and that a small regular community could be born for those who like clean, proper races, but are after something a bit more "pick up and go".

One final thing - why do you use STCC and not Race07 WTCC? I am just curious to know if there is something about the 07 season that is buggy or inferior.

Would love to know others thoughts on this. Club events are not pick up and go enough for me, and I'm so tired of publics or running my own where it's full of unclean racers. Pick up and go + RD members and rules = exciting possibility to me.

Something like, but certainly just an off the cuff thought:

Race07 WTCC (20 min practice, 10 min quali, 10 lap races)
- Monza
- Imola
- Istanbul
- Brand Hatch

Then on weekend, maybe swap to fun events (GT, Radicals, and so on).
I am looking for something similar.I am looking for some guys to race with also.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back