The Big Meet and Race Thread

Posting to ask what has happened to this thread? Its still there, but is now locked so we can't post to say were racing. Shame because a lot of us would get together on the servers and on Teamspeak when that thread was active. I know its led to me getting to know some people from RD a lot better and even though we would often be racing on Non-RD servers the result has been that we meet in TS and race together on BOTH RD and non-RD servers far more often. I know RD want us on their servers and maybe thats why the Old thread has been locked, thats fine if RD was ONLY a server, but RD is a community and WHEREVER were racing its that sense of community belonging and getting together that keeps our loyalties with RD..

RACEdepartment - thats what were here for - the clue is in the name RACE - I love the RD servers but I use RACE07 because I want to RACE - unfortunately for many of us we often want to RACE outside of the scheduled RD event times and since we cant vote RD Servers through to RACE outside of scheduled times that means many of us RACE Elsewhere - RACEing elsewhere does not however mean in anyway that we are going to leave and go elsewhere, just that we want to RACE rather than join RACEdepartment servers and do endless Practice Laps until an event starts.

Maybe I've not worded this so well, but I am sure that those for whom RD is, and always will be number 1, will know what I mean...

Meet n Race tonight for Licenced Members Only :

Mini Friday Zandvort - This is a club Event that is full and so RD have set up a second server if you look at the thread you will see that the reserves list is now a SECOND SERVER LIST - the event in SERVER 2 starts 1 Hour after the first event thread here :

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/mini-friday-zandvoort-friday-december-30-2011.44776/

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU JOIN THE CORRECT SERVER.

Second Server Name :

RACEDEPARTMENTCOM.MIN1

Ok - a Saturday Afternoon Server to have a play on.

Server Name : Aware Simracing Team
Car Class : STCC2010 AND Formula Masters
Track : Road America
This one will not be passworded unless we have problems with wreckers in which case it will be restarted with the RD Club Password.

Will be up from 13.30GMT to at least 16.00 GMT and possibly later - with different car/track combos (look for Aware Simracing Team) feel free to post suggestions for combos later on.

Edit : SERVER DOWN - Problem with People unable to Join so I've taken it down... Sorry will try to sort this when I have a litttle more time..

After hearing that if a skidrow( the malisious ones, not the ones who just want a free game) comes into the server he can get all our steam deails ....
i would feel safer if it was passworded:) paranoid ....no ... i ve stopped going on open servers.....

Rupe,

They do not "get your steam details". They just use them :)

The hack uses the credentials of others. It does not display them, or publish them to the use who has the hack installed. It's just a dirty way to play online, and save the massive ammount of 3 euros :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 267 13.6%