Resource icon

Misc _AC_Pure ppfilter for Sol 2.0+ only 4.0a

Login or Register an account to download this content
racinjoe013 submitted a new resource:

AC_Pure ppfilter - AC_Pure ppfilter

New filter for people to try if they want to. This one will eventually get lumped in with my AC_Colors filter pack once I get feedback on what's wrong with it. It is very similar to the AC_Colors filter, but with two major differences, the color grading and lighting. For this filter I removed a lot of the cyan and magenta intensity out of the blue colors to try and get a better sky color. For the lighting, I reduced the exposure and increased the tone mapping gamma. It has about the...

Read more about this resource...

racinjoe013 updated AC_Pure ppfilter with a new update entry:

_AC_Pure ppfilter

All about the sky with this update. Still trying to figure out how to make a realistic sky. Hopefully this update has a better looking sky than the original. I also added entries in the .lua file for differences between Sol versions. This should have a better looking sky for Sol 1.5 users.

Also, i've come to realize that all the really good filters out there render the sky purplish on my monitor which makes me think I have issues with my monitor's blue representation. Because of this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

_AC_Pure ppfilter for Sol 2.0+ only

Dusting off this old filter name for kind of new filter. This is nothing more than a fork of my AC_Colors filter, but it is for Sol 2.0+ only. It was getting too hard to balance the colors, lighting, etc. between Sol versions so I decided to make a Sol 2.0+ version only.

No major differences between this and my AC_Colors filter except I added two different distant fog settings. You can compare the differences in the images below. AC_Pure has no fog effect so that you can use the...

Forgot to mention in my update that if you like the haze look of filter 3 like I do but wish it had a little more\less haze density, you can easily change it yourself. You can't do it thru the app though. You must use something like notepad++.

Open up the filter's .lua file in notepad++ or any other editor that will read .lua's and look for the line towards the bottom labeled 'nerd__fog_custom_distant_fog.density = 5.00'. Keep lowering or raising that number until you get a hazy look you prefer. I know 0.00 is as low as you can go, but i'm not sure what the highest value is. I like it at 5.00, but I can see where others may prefer a slightly sharper look.

Last edited:

Sorry for the quick turn around on this one. After posting the update this morning, I learned how to do something that I thought was worth getting out there because it helps the user to customize better.

-- I was told how to separate the amount of fog\haze density at dawn, day time and dusk so now there is less fog\haze during the day and more at dawn and dusk. I may have gone to far with dawn and dusk, but I like the look.
-- You can now adjust the amount of fog\haze density to your...

Little self tweak tip because i'm not doing an update for this. If you open up the filter's .ini file with a notepad editor, look for the heading TONEMAPPING. Raise the Exposure number to 0.37 or 0.38 and see if you might like that better. I did it this afternoon and I think it makes the filter's lighting better.

If someone would like to test something for me, please post here and I will make a link available. Wouldn't mind an opinion on some changes. You must be using Sol 2.0 or Sol 2.1 alpha. Thanks...

CG File
-- Slight increases to saturation, contrast and brightness.
-- Color balance adjustments between highlights, shadows and midtones. Still looking for that neutral color balance.

.lua file\ppfilter
-- Changes to colortemp and white balance. They are now a 1:1 ratio.
-- Reduced the amount of ambient blue in the morning and evening. Still blue, but not as blue.
-- Reduced the brightness level slightly at dusk and dawn.
-- Reduced the level of cloud opacity for a few of the weather...

Not a significant update. More of a try it if you want to update based on a few suggestions I got. Surprisingly I didn't hear any complaints about the exposure\brightness levels. What I did hear was that the filters lacked contrast especially between lights and darks. So in the 'Alternatives' folder is two versions with small steps down in brightness and different levels of contrast\FilmicContrast to darken the shadows and put more definition between light and dark areas. They have...

Big thanks to estellia for his suggestions, teaching me a few things I didn't know about and helping me test this new version.

This will get long. Big changes to the CG file in an attempt to reduce the amount of blue road reflection my filter creates. It's still there but it a little less noticeable.

-- Reworked the blue and green colors in the CG file. Greatly reduced the amount of cyan in the blues to...

Small tweaks to the CG file and .lua.

-- Another small increase to the CG file contrast and reduced the FilmicContrast slightly as well to keep the same level of light\dark balance as the previous version.
-- Adjustments to blue and green lightness levels.
-- Set ambient hue saturation level to 0 in the .lua file. Was getting tired of trying to balance the CG file with the game's ambient hue. Now I can set the level of warm\cool ambient feel with a CG file adjustment. Also makes it...

Since I think I still prefer Sol 2.0.2 over Sol 2.1, I still need a filter compatible with Sol 2.0. This is my attempt to recreate my latest AC_Colors filter for Sol 2.0. This will only work with Sol 2.0. As with my latest AC_Colors update, I decided to go back to basic edits. The filter is bright and has lower contrast and slightly higher saturated colors.

Notes:

-- Removed all color edits from the CG file except for the added black and yellow on the green tones.
-- Reduced the...

racinjoe013 updated _AC_Pure ppfilter for Sol 2.0+ only with a new update entry:

Hotfix to set the sky hue where I intended it to be. Don't need to download if you want to adjust the sky hue yourself in the Sol_Config app. It's the only change from the previous version.

Notes:

-- The alternatives folder has another set of filter .ini files. It is basically the same except it is slightly cooler or neutral on my monitor. Hardly noticeable unless you compare screenshots. Might make for a better base to do your own tweaking because it is more neutral.
-- I included 3...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back