Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: 1965 Corvette / Race2: Ford GT-40
Track: Watkins Glen Nascar (Download)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins for the Vette, we will be using the GTC65 skinpack 1.0 for the GT-40.

Setups:

Attachments

• CDGT40.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 271
  • CDold vette.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 250
Well, ****!$$#%#, Connection lost :(

First race was horrid, I seriously dislike that car, but decided to try and make something of it. Went around lonely and slowly for the first part. Then remembered that you're supposed to slide that thing around, so I did. For a couple of laps. Then spun, and while on the grass, the leaders caught up, so I escaped rather than hit anyone.

Race 2 was supposed to be great. Love the GT40, and my practice time indicated that I might me somewhere around the middle this time.
And I was, for a couple of laps. Behind Hans, in front of Bob, had a wild ride, a bit on the grass in sector 1. Bob was faster, and since I was all over the place, decided to let him by. Was loving it anyway. But then lost connection :(

So, 2 DNFs, a lovely Tuesday night.

Next week I'm showing up just for the GT40 :tongue:

First race was horrid, I seriously dislike that car, but decided to try and make something of it. Went around lonely and slowly for the first part. Then remembered that you're supposed to slide that thing around, so I did.........
Next week I'm showing up just for the GT40 :tongue:

Hey Senad, just pretend that it is a Subaru Impreza on snow, you know to drive those. :tongue:

Well, what can I say? Sorry to Carlos and Jack first of all I think.

Race 1: Missed my braking point into the chicane and took Carlos with me :( A few minor off road events and I came in last

Race 2: Surprisingly good quali, but the rear end got squirmy out of T1, I lost it and collected Jack :( Was keeping it reasonably together until I slid at the final turn. Missed the end of the pit wall but ended up in the pits, then tried hitting keys to get out of the 10 minute repair session. For future reference, ESC does end the repair session but also kicks you out of the race :mad:

I like racing at Watkins, but so far Watkins doesn't like me.

Not driven the vette much and it showed :) Ran wide 2 or 3 times into the penultimate turn and then suffered as the tyres went away towards race end.

GT40 was better, but was never really happy enough to get racy with it and so struggled to hold on to places. Still, good fun and nice racing from all.

Congrats pody and thanks all.

The Vette seemed to be all stubborn and awkward with me again,very shaky qually for 8th an ordinary start losing out to at least the flying Nige,a busy but all nicely cautious first few turns and looking good,until i arrived at the chicane apparantely missing my braking point by a half mile or so and in a panic forseeing a bit of a pile up and crash mess....i decided to forget trying to take the chicane anymore and went for the go straight and avoid everyone option....so so glad and indeed relieved that it all payed off and i filtered myslef back in line at the exit of the chicane in 10th behind Stu and Amir,they were my main fun to the finish,very enjoyable stuff it was too.
Somehow pulled a pole out the bag in the GT40 and just generally felt more comfortable with that car after the Vette,a start just good enough to hold first for T1 and gradually build it up with Pribo following,after a couple of laps i started turning up the pace a bit and very slowly built a little gap,then i would stuff it up somewhere and lose half a dozen laps worth of good work,so no cruise off to the sunset win this week,a gridning hard 18 laps worth of pressure more like it,managed to hold it to the line :).
Really hoping some of the quality pics guys in the GTL gang are making some images of tonights very healthy grid!.

Thank You Carlos/Stu & RD

Race 1 was a lonely affair, losing ground to Flash Larose and pulling away from the battle for 3rd, so kept it clean and finished 2nd.

Race 2 was much more fun, messed up quali at the chicane so started last. Took my time to pass cleanly and had some great battles with everyone fighting to keep their place and the last 3 or so laps fighting with Carlos was fantastic, great driving Carlos, but I got the feeling we were both guilty of over gentlemenly driving, giving each other way more room than you really should. That said it made for probably the best experience ever, cheers buddy.

I would like another go at this track because fate was out to get me this time. Got a say sorry to Tim in race 2 at the chicane. I thought you were alittle behind me but you were a little ahead of me going in to it and I perhaps should have laid back a bit. My peripheral view never allowed me to see you until it was too late. I guessed at where you were and what you were doing. I guessed incorrectly. Otained engine damage but didn't realize it until a couple laps later when the engine quit. Funny though, I thought that I was just not driving my line accurately because I was not getting up to speed where I would normally shift.... never thought to check XD.

All good practice for the league. Thanks to Carlos/Stu and fellow racers. Grads to podium boys.

Race 1:
It was all action from the start untill the checkered flag. 18 laps of high adrenaline. :D
Started 7th and had many battles, mainly with Amir and Ross, great driving and cold blood guys, well done. :) On the second half of the race, Ross and I were side by side at the back straight and both braked at last second, we both lost it and I thought I might touched his car (after race Ross told me I didn't), so I waited for him and back on the 7th place I started. :rolleyes:
Luckily, I managed to get the last podium place, however with high pressure from Gary.

Race 2:
Gary took me the pole :tongue: and all race was me trying to get close to him, without success, all 18 laps we ran with a 2 seconds gap. I believe Gary never drove it hard, because when I shorted the gap (for a couple of times) to 1 second, he pulled away. So I'm sure Gary was driving keeping a safe gap for me.

First race was undoubtedly all action and more fun than second. Second was more a try to catch and avoid mistakes to not lose the 2nd place. After all, both were great and superb.

Congrats to winners and podium and to all finishers.

Thank you Carlos and RD.

Cheers

Game of two halves for me.

1. Cracking race in the Vette - Ross, Paulo & Lenno were all in close attendance right the way through until my thoroughly shagged tyres could no longer defy the laws of physics, meaning I dropped off from the ongoing scrap in the last lap or two.

2. Not so hot in the GT40 - qualied OK, started OK, got a slight wobble on going up the hill through the esses allowing people to close up, but it got a bit crowded going into the chicane resulting in me in the wall after contact. DFL and with some damaged steering, I pitted and luckily the suspension fix was only 20 sec, so I got that done and came out almost exactly a lap off from where I had been when I went off. I allowed people past to lap me if they'd closed up enough, but my pace was pretty much bang on for most of the race, which was why it was so disappointing.

Cheers to Carlos & RD.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back