Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: 1965 Corvette / Race2: Ford GT-40
Track: Watkins Glen Nascar (Download)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins for the Vette, we will be using the GTC65 skinpack 1.0 for the GT-40.

Setups:

Attachments

• CDGT40.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 271
  • CDold vette.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 250
Weeeeee, that didn't go well in both races for me, oh well that's racing sometimes.

Race 1, quali was good, of the line was good, opening laps were really good but T1 bit me hard as a little too much throtle coming out and around she goes. Lost places but worse was to come when on that same lap I lost it going into the chicane and got a tank slapper on, tried to hold onto it going one way then the other, thought I had wrestled it back but coming out of the chicane I had to use the right hand kerb big time, the car let go again but this time others were coming through, & yes I did make contact with them, really sorry guys. Now with some steering damage I carried on & done the best I could in the situation & finished just outside of the top ten.

Race 2, qauli not so good, start good, opening laps not bad. Got in behind Ross & was looking for a way by as was he on Thommo. As T said he got loose coming out of the esses which Ross & I pounced on but heading upto the chicane both Ross & me were passed Thommo but T just touched my rear quarter which sent him off, sorry for that Mr T but I thought I had enough room to turn in mate. After a couple of laps chasing Ross another mistake going into the esses ment a track cut and loosing touch. Later in the race another mistake into the second from last corner ment another track cut which brought me a s&g. Took this imeadiately as it was lap 17 but as I crossed the line the game DQ'ed me saying I had missed the s&g. Maybe I didn't stop in the right place or I was just too quick in coming in.

So, apologies go to all those gents who I made contact with, not usally my MO, thanks to Carlos for all his work, grts to Yves & Lenno on thier wins, wd to the rest of the podium finishers & last but not least thanks to all the guys who showed up for what was a bumper grid, long my it continue.

I would like another go at this track because fate was out to get me this time.

If fate was the hunter, for me, its number was 13!

Race 1, Started near the back, but survived lap one to settle into 13th behind Jack. He had a good pace, and I was happy just to follow along and see how things went. On lap 4 we got caught up in a mishap at the chicane, but despite being passed by Hans and one other, recovered well, and was still in 13th. Eventually I came up on Tudor and we had a good run the the finish. Finished 13th

Race 2, Felt great to get into the GT40, but it was the same for every one, so started 13th. I had spent a lot more time practicing in the Vette, so I think that some overconfidence ( and fatigue ) started to creep in as I had several self inflicted spins. I found myself behind Tim at mid race in 14th. Trying to chase him down I spun just before the final turn onto the start/finish. As I recovered and came around onto the front straight, Tim had run into some problems of his own and was now stuck in the pit! Finished 13th, and had lots of fun along the way.

I was going to post a few screen shots, but it looks like I may not be able to do a direct upload, and I have run out of time for today. Sorry Gary, will try and do something on the weekend.

Thanks Carlos and Stuart and congratulation to Yves and Gary on their wins! No small feat in these cars.

The Black Tuesday.
First Quali - 2nd place. Not bad. Yesterday, Yves was just unbeatable on Corvette.
But then was my first heartbreak. PC hangs. And I couldn't go back to the first race. :damnit:
After that, I had to reboot PC seven times. And all this continued during the second practice. At this time, I had already decided that I could not start. But a fleeting miracle happened, and PC has allowed me to pass qualification. Even I do not understand how in such a rage, I was able to qualify fourth. But at the start of race, nerves still did their job. I did not even notice the announcement that had committed a false start. This I realized after three laps when received a message that I was disqualified because of no stopping in the pits! :poke:
At this moment I was in fifth place...ESC...
My second online event was not entirely successful, to put it mildly.

Now, instead of practicing at Mosport, I spend the explanatory work with my friend - PC:pcbeat:
In order to have at least some chance to take part in tomorrow's race. Over my lap time I did not have time to work. I did not like to be unprepared. :frown:

I hope that will not fail Stewart, Carlos and others, and I could even just drive normally until the end of the tomorrow race, even if the last at the finish.

Great event again an a very good grid with 19 racers,

Race 1: had a good Q p14 for me not bad at all,good from the line an run half way the field, on 2/3 of the race I had a slide just after the chicane hit the wall an a flat front tyre so struggle to the pits,replace tyre an off again by leaving the pits S/G for "speeding"damm,forgot limm. so pit again but noticed that my suspension not working good try to repair that but failed so hobble to the finis on p 17 (last) .

Race 2 good Q again p15 ( for me then) good start again run on p10 for a while (some guys in trouble) an Carlos gaining fast on me an passed me ,so after a bit lonely race fin. on p11 best performance in the GT40 for me.

Grats Yves an Gary an podium, thanks all the guys for racing an Carlos for setting it up

Nice event- i think the GT40 suited Watkins more than the Vette, which was just a little too lairy for me in race 1. Lucked into 2nd on the grid and i had a long battle with Paolo but lost the back-end defending into the esses. Thanks for waiting but i did it all on my own! Later in the race i had a half-spin in the penultimate corner.
For race 2, i ruined my qualie lap at the esses and started a bit further down than what i could've done. Had a nice little battle with Bob & Stu, but eventually broke free and caught Nigel. Passed him after he made a mistake but on the last lap he gave me a friendly shoulder barge at the penultimate corner and took the last podium slot.

Great turnout and good driving all-round, hopefully i'll be able to make some more GTL events in the future!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back