32 bit x 64 bit

OK I'm sure my pc is 64 bit and I have a 32 bit and 64 bit folder in rf2 so my question is this, what is the difference between the 2 bits and how do I enable it cheers.

I was having trouble as well but I let Simon Christmann access my PC remotely and I'm not sure what he did but it all works. You definitely need more folders in your 64bit folder and I will look later and post up what is in mine.

Just took a look and the installation looks fine.

Sky in 32bit blue
Sky in 64bit black

both times in the middle of the day. I have no idea what it could be. But maybe @Timothy Wheatley has an idea.

I don't think Tim can answer your question.

@Jim Brailsford.

But some things you could try.

- Disable 64 bit plugins
(make a "plugin back up folder" to temporarily store you 64 bit plugins)
Schermafdruk 2015-02-26 20.48.09.png==> Default BIN64/plugin folder looks like this.

- empty your log/userdata/shader folder and set shaders to high or medium.

Just took a look and the installation looks fine.

Sky in 32bit blue
Sky in 64bit black

both times in the middle of the day. I have no idea what it could be. But maybe @Timothy Wheatley has an idea.

@Jim Brailsford.

- Disable 64 bit plugins
View attachment 83020==> Default BIN64/plugin folder looks like this.

Not sure what you mean, @Simon Christmann you sorted mine out a few weeks ago

@Gijs van Elderen this was sorted a few weeks ago by Simon

@Jim Brailsford.

- Disable 64 bit plugins
View attachment 83020==> Default BIN64/plugin folder looks like this.

We did togehter a fresh clean install and had still had the issue.

I also dont think Tim knows the solution but i hope he knows how he can ask ISI internal ;)

Thank you everyone for trying to help it was very much appreciated. :thumbsup:
I think that I have finally sorted it after so much frustration.
I don't really understand what fixed it so if someone can help me understand it would be helpful cause I am really curious.
After trying so many configurations of installing the core on one drive and the docs on the other drive and visa versa and other configurations. In the end I tryed installing it on my other halfs computer. The same thing happened. So I got fed up then I ended up uninstalling the antivirus completely (our house mate has moved out and it was in his name so we needed to get our own anyways) and redownloaded the content install. And guess what it finally worked :D
So I tryed doing exactly the same on my computer and didn't work still had a black sky so at that point I just tryed swapping that hard drives over to see if that works and great works fantastic :D (although I have to reinstall and uninstall other software on both computers but I got it sorted finally.
So I am not quite sure what finally sorted it cause I think that in part it was the antivirus but I think on my computer I think it might also be a windows issue with something not letting some file not to be read to something like that.

I will test it in greater detail tomorrow and over the next week before I try it online in a club race before the presto season starts so nothing goes wrong at the first race.

Again thank you for the help :thumbsup:

Hello All !
I face exactly same with 32b blue sky but limited IA number, and 64b black/absent sky and more IA ....
My antivirus is McAfee
Do you consider i must Clean my C:\ and reinstall W10, steam, rF2 and everything ?
thanks for feedback !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back