32 bit x 64 bit

OK I'm sure my pc is 64 bit and I have a 32 bit and 64 bit folder in rf2 so my question is this, what is the difference between the 2 bits and how do I enable it cheers.

I have a 64bit computer but for some reason it won't load tracks in 64bit mode. So I am still dorced to use 32bit does that mean I won't be able to race on the 28th with a big grid?
I would like to find out why I can't use 64bit but noone knows why I can't cause all I get is gmotor error and that's it

First of all, you say you have a 64 bit computer. Have you also installed a 64 bit version of Windows?

If so, what gmotor error do you get exactly?

Also, please try adding trace=3 as a parameter to your executable, and look at what's in the trace.txt logfile that generates. Such information usually gives you a hint at what's wrong.

Sorry it has taken me a while to answer been crap at work and not had time to look.
What is actually in your RF2 64 bit folder

In my 64bit folder it has the 3 files and one folder that is in your picture.

First of all, you say you have a 64 bit computer. Have you also installed a 64 bit version of Windows?

If so, what gmotor error do you get exactly?

Also, please try adding trace=3 as a parameter to your executable, and look at what's in the trace.txt logfile that generates. Such information usually gives you a hint at what's wrong.
My computer says in the system type that it is a 64 bit operating system.

The error pops up in two windows the first is a blank box just saying gmotor error,
the second says "Error creating standard default shader".

Also I don't understand what you have asked me to try :unsure:

upload_2015-2-16_19-21-43.png

My computer says in the system type that it is a 64 bit operating system.

The error pops up in two windows the first is a blank box just saying gmotor error,
the second says "Error creating standard default shader".

Also I don't understand what you have asked me to try :unsure:

That error message already helps pin down the issue a bit. At that point rFactor is initializing one of its shaders. I could not tell you why that failed though. Most likely it could not find it. Are you sure this is a clean install? If not, try downloading the latest version and install it in a different folder and try again.

What I was trying to tell you about the trace file is as follows. Go to the rFactor launcher. Go to the settings tab, and select the single player option. For command line options, enter trace=3 and launch rFactor 2 in single player mode. When it stops with that error message, go to the UserData\LOG folder of your rFactor 2 installation. There should be a file there called trace.txt. Open it and paste the last 15 lines here. That, plus the message, should give us a better hint about what is going wrong.

Thank you for the help I am at work at the moment but when I get home I will have a look.
I have done many clean installs before to try and rectify it but not with the latest update so I will try that also tonight.

options.cpp 4505: Entered Options::Setup()
plrfile.cpp 2084: Attempting to save to D:\rfactor docs\UserData\player\player.TMP
plrfile.cpp 2108: Retcode: 0 for renaming to D:\rfactor docs\UserData\player\player.JSON
game.cpp 2612: Entered Game::Exit()
sound.cpp 1694: Entered Sound::Exit()
specialfx.cp 4529: Entered SpecialFX::Exit()
hwinput.cpp 7924: Entered HWInput::Exit()
hwinput.cpp 1593: Unacquiring device "Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB" (if this is the last line in your trace.txt, your controller driver is probably buggy)
hwinput.cpp 1601: Now releasing same device (if this is the last line in your trace.txt, your controller driver is probably buggy)
hwinput.cpp 1603: Device successfully uninitialized
dynman.cpp 3028: Entered DynMan::Exit()
render.cpp 2858: Entered Render::Exit()
onscreen.cpp 3715: Entered OnScreen::Exit()
vidman.cpp 2865: Entered VidMan::Exit()
osman.cpp 969: Entered OSMan::Exit()

These are the last 15 lines of the trace.txt file.
UPDATE
Rfactor 2 is now loading all the way to the track but when it loads there is no sky its just black even in the middle of the day. all of the track and pits is lit like it would be in the daytime.

That trace information is definitely interesting, but I probably was a bit too conservative asking for only 15 lines. Do you still have the file or has it since been overwritten?

In any case, your update indicates you fixed something. What did you do to get past this issue?

Regarding the new problem: I am assuming you tried different tracks? And did you try both HDR on/off? To be honest, most people nowadays run rFactor 2 with HDR on, so please try both so we can pinpoint this. And, again, try providing a trace file (in this case I am not sure at all if it will contain something we can use but it never hurts to scan it for potential issues).

Sorry that it has been a few days since posting.
UPDATE 2
I tried turning HDR off but now will not start up at all again. I have put it back on but still not starting.
I am completely confused.
This is the latest trace.txt file

Attachments

• trace.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 420
This is the same file after I changed to 32 bit the back to 64 bit

Just tried changing the track to sao poalo (cant spell) and I think it might be some sort of texture issue cause I got loads of gmotor blank box errors and when the track finally loaded the grass was all multi coloured plus the black sky.

Attachments

• trace.txt
    96.1 KB · Views: 956
Last edited:
I have just checked all of my components on my computer and all are 64 bit.
would a windows reinstall help or would that be pointless?
I do have other programs and games that run 64 bit, this is the only one that will not.
I have done about 3 clean installs of rfactor now in different locations and also tried turning the anti-virus off and still nothing.
To me (a not very computer literate person lol) it seams like I have either files missing or something.
Is there anything else to try cause I don't want to reinstall windows again.

I have just checked all of my components on my computer and all are 64 bit.
would a windows reinstall help or would that be pointless?
I do have other programs and games that run 64 bit, this is the only one that will not.
I have done about 3 clean installs of rfactor now in different locations and also tried turning the anti-virus off and still nothing.
To me (a not very computer literate person lol) it seams like I have either files missing or something.
Is there anything else to try cause I don't want to reinstall windows again.
I let Simon Christmann remotely access my pc and he was able to solve my similar issue, just a thought mate.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 220 14.2%