2019 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

It wasn't too bad for a Hungarian GP, I would have preferred Max to win as he's looking like the only one who can challenge now, although the next few races will probably suit Ferrari better.

Some good individual races this year have made up for the title being (pretty much) a foregone conclusion. If Redbull continue the close the gap the rest of the season and next year 2020 could be good, I don't really care who wins the title but if its a good scrap along the way then its worth watching and a genuine three team fight for the championship would be great for the sport.

There is a difference between a fanboy and a fan of the sport/fan of a driver.

Fanboy simply means that you're so focused and narrow minded towards one driver alone, that you ignore other drivers and their performances except they interfere with said one driver. A fanboy also can not compute that other drivers maybe did better in a race and acknowledge that. They will quickly return to their "Our driver is the best and the only one"-formula.

For example. The fact that Max got driver of the day at Hockenheim and not Vettel and driver of the day in Hungary and not Hamilton, shows that there are alot of Verstappen fanboys in the voting system. ;)

I'm not saying that there are fanboys here, I'm just saying that Verstappen has the biggest fanboy base, you can't really argue against that.

Being fan of a driver is healthy for the sport. Being a fanboy of a driver is not healthy for the sport.
Just imagine there being some kind of fanboost in F1. I wonder what driver would get that boost in every single race of the season. . .

Not healthy? Who are you? WISE GUY:roflmao:

If not for the DRS this would be an epic battle till the flag.
Some recent races a few of the big drivers mess up their qual or start, small teams get ahead, big teams have a hard time to pass, once the DRS is enabled they pass like multiclass racing.
Time to get rid of this crap.

Without DRS we'd have zero passes at Hungaroring, there is not enough straight. How many exciting Hungarian GP's were there before DRS era? I can only remember the 1998 Schumacher miracle win, but even that came with strategy and zero overtakes on track.

Without DRS we'd have zero passes at Hungaroring, there is not enough straight. How many exciting Hungarian GP's were there before DRS era? I can only remember the 1998 Schumacher miracle win, but even that came with strategy and zero overtakes on track.

Scratching my head......... Yeah But we do have DRS, so accept the reality or live a life in the past.

Can I ask a question, and I promise this is in good faith. If this was ho hum, what do you want from an F1 race?
Well, I'd actually like some racing in the race. As Jeremy Clarkson recently said, "...I'm Lewis Hamilton and I'll just wait for a pit stop and overtake Bottas that way...f'k off" It's like he's psychic or something. I mean, had Mercedes not used pit stop strategy to win the race and actually let Hamilton and Verstappen go at it the last 20 laps and, well, race, I might have agreed with you that it was a good race.

Currently, my gold standard for racing is Indycar. If you want to see an exciting race week after week with tons of racing and passing every lap, and a tight field where there are more than 2 cars on the lead lap, and a championship where the results of a given race actually matter, then Indycar is it. When I switch back and watch an F1 race it is dreadfully boring even on it's best days. Hockenheim was fun, but only because of the rain which equalized the vast disparity in machinery and actually tested driver skill for a change.

I mean what was the gap between 2nd and 3rd? 18 of the 20 cars in this race were just traffic cones. Great race! :/

F1, where it's better to be in second place than first! SMH

Nice. Haven’t been to F1 there, but I did go to the IndyCar at COTA. We had paddock passes there and it was fantastic. We sat in T12 at the end of the back straight, can recommend it. Still toying with going to the F1 this year - on the back of the strength of the last couple of races, maybe I should!

• Deleted member 561801

Max Verstappen did an excellent race! Too bad he's not kept his first place :(

• Deleted member 561801

T'is is also the better Merc, Honda is still growing, let see what can happen.:thumbsup:
It's not just a question of a car but of the driver. Hamilton is very good at handling tire wear and is still the best driver. I think Red Bull needs to improve the chassis and especially increase the power of the engine and, Max will be even better and why not fight Hamilton? It would be a splendid fight!

Yeah it'll be interesting at the next two races. Didn't they run virtually no wing last year at monza?
Yeah, their rear wing was so flat, the wing was like "downforce? we don't do that here sir"

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.