2019 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

I think Mercedes did not gamble. Lewis was not going to pass Max on the hard tire, so they had to change strategy. It was RB that gambled here, not having Max switch tires immediately after Lewis did. Max switched to the hard tires too early in the race, especially since he had to push so hard to stay in front of Lewis. A one stop was not possible for Lewis and Max, since they were pushing each other so hard. Look at the gap they had to the rest. They both were in another class today.

Max did great, keeping in front the Merc on the same tires, strategy did the trick!

Gotcha

Gotcha.jpg

Aside from a few laps of racing in the middle of the race, pretty ho hum. F1 back to form.

Can I ask a question, and I promise this is in good faith. If this was ho hum, what do you want from an F1 race?

For me, this was an example of a top notch race, probably the best of the year. A race long tense battle for the lead, including a couple of really good fights between the two fastst guys in F1 at the moment, with an overtake for the lead in the dying moments. On top of that, there were a number of great battles throughout the field (Torro Rossos, Ferrari, Danny Ric vs KMag). Sure it wasn't an action packed, overtake every 3 corners kind of race, but for me, this was classic F1.

Race was awesome, but I think it could have been even better if RB would have sent Verstappen to pit to soft tire too, I bet even if he would still have lost to Hamilton, there probably would have been close battle.

What a comedy, i will not renew my F1 TV Pro subscription.

They are afraid to kill F1 and that's exactly what they do.

Seeing Bottas and Gasly strugling with underpowered cars while Hamilton and Verstappen are playing the heroes is enough.

Goodbye shitty politicians i hope that you will do bankrupt.

Shame on Liberty Media and shame on Jean Todt.

The Hungaroring is really a beautiful venue with all its natural grandstands etc but I'll stick to my opinion that it’s not suited for modern F1 cars. Still an entertaining race though.

There is a difference between a fanboy and a fan of the sport/fan of a driver.

Fanboy simply means that you're so focused and narrow minded towards one driver alone, that you ignore other drivers and their performances except they interfere with said one driver. A fanboy also can not compute that other drivers maybe did better in a race and acknowledge that. They will quickly return to their "Our driver is the best and the only one"-formula.

For example. The fact that Max got driver of the day at Hockenheim and not Vettel and driver of the day in Hungary and not Hamilton, shows that there are alot of Verstappen fanboys in the voting system. ;)

I'm not saying that there are fanboys here, I'm just saying that Verstappen has the biggest fanboy base, you can't really argue against that.

Being fan of a driver is healthy for the sport. Being a fanboy of a driver is not healthy for the sport.
Just imagine there being some kind of fanboost in F1. I wonder what driver would get that boost in every single race of the season. . .

I dont cheer for any driver and I think Verstappen bet on going that long with his tires made him deserve the driver of the day more than Hamilton.
it's a matter of opinion and we all got different ones.

You think that Verstappen made that strategy call? :O_o: And that's why he deserved DOTD? He started first and finished second, whilst the guy who won started third won the race, closing down a 20 second deficit :thumbsup:

You think that Verstappen made that strategy call? :O_o: And that's why he deserved DOTD? He started first and finished second, whilst the guy who won started third won the race, closing down a 20 second deficit :thumbsup:
The ultimate call is from the driver yeah, if he thought it was a bad idea earlier he'd go to pit, the team would do what? Cross their arms in garage like little kids? lol

Too many post to quote... Basically Red Bull started the pit sequence. Thinking Lewis will pit the very next lap. This is where drivers and strategists earn their money. If RB waited for Lewis to do the first pit stop, they will have the play that Mercedes pulled off. At this point, everything are now "what if's".. Pace wise, RB got the pole, so they do have it in their car and driver.

F*** Ferarri! RB needs to step up their game and target more than 5 wins. They need to take to Merc. Saying that, I will never hope or vote for a Max win. I'm doing this for you guys. :D Any driver I root for seem to fail the race I want them to win. I predicted Lewis will win in Australia, Charles in Bahrain, Vettel in Hungary, Bottas in the last race, etc... They all failed.

PS: Last race, my 7 year old son was jumping for joy after Lewis past Verstappen. :laugh:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.